[APP][Pro] Eufy Security

:uk: - Eufy Security Smart Home Simplified

Add support for Eufy Cam/Doorbell in Homey.

Useful links

NOTE
This is not the topic for Eufy Home devices.
The topic for Eufy Home you can find here: Eufy Home

Account Information
Because of the way the Eufy Security private API works, an email/password combo cannot
work with both the Eufy Security mobile app and this app. It is recommended to
use the mobile app to create a secondary “admin” account with a separate email address
and use it with this app.

Usage

• Install this app on your Homey.
  • Go to add devices
  • Provide your Username and Password. Click Next
  • Available devices show up

Current features:

• turn on/off camera (EufyCam pan&tilt will turn its lens)
  • Set guard mode (Home, Away, Disarmed, Schedule)
  • Add devices and use them in flows. (on/off)
  • Get notifications based on detection modes for specific devices. (Motion, Face, Sound and Doorbell Press)
  • Get images when motion is detected
  • See last motion events
  • Generic alarm for each camera → Heimdall (goes off for all events except doorbell press)

Tips:
enable push notifications for Eufy Security to receive a notification when something important happens for this app

Record_2024-01-09-17-05-13-ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter

Supported Languages:

• :uk: English
  • :netherlands: Dutch
  • :fr: French

Contributions
If you appreciate this app, contribute to future development by making a paypal contribution
or buy me a coffee on Ko-Fi or Bunq.me

image ko-fiimage

:computer: Apps made by @martijnpoppen

See for more apps link below :point_down:t2: or just open the pull down.

9 Likes

How-to send a diagnostic report:

1. Via Homey Mobile app:

More - apps - Eufy Security - settings wheel right top - send diagnostic report (put your email in the input field to make it easier)

1. Via Homey Webapp

Settings wheel bottom left - Select Eufy Security - Click on send diagnostic report

1 Like

To do:

6 Likes

Frequently Asked Questions

Q1: I don’t receive notifications/device updates in Homey
A1: Make sure the selected security mode inside the official Eufy app has enabled notifications for your device. (Home / Away / etc)
ezgif.com-video-to-gif
A2: Sometimes it might help to restart the Eufy app in Homey
A3: For Homebase notifications enable:

Q2: Can I disable notifications on my Phone and keep them on Homey?
A1: Unfortunately not. Homey registers itself as a Android device at Eufy.
A2: Work-around Android: Disable motion inside the Android settings (Apps → Eufy → Notifications)
A3: Work-around Ios: (link)

Q3: Images are not updating in the app
A1: Images are only updating when an event happened: motion/person detection or doorbell press
A2: Check FAQ Q1 for the correct settings
A3: Doorbell doesn’t always have a image, only when a motion was detected together with doorbell press.

Q4: My device shows a error
A1: If the error message contains a captcha error. Then follow the instruction
A2: If the error show that it can’t find the device or station serial number:

A2.1: Homey mobile app: Go to the device settings → maintenance → repair.
A2.2: Homey web app: Right click on the device → repair.
A2.3: This will update your devices and sync them with the Eufy server

Q5: The battery status and temperature is not aligned with the official Eufy app
A1: Seems like the battery/temperature status is incorrect. Eufy is not updating that every day to the cloud. so the data is quite outdated. Once Eufy resolves this the battery status will be correct in Homey.

Q6: When I change to Geofencing/Schedule Homey doesn’t update
A1 When you come home - select Home on the keypad. Make a flow like this: Gedeelde Flow | Homey (with these settings: https://global.discourse-cdn.com/business4/uploads/athom/optimized/3X/a/1/a1c570c5ac6a6e98283ab951829d0e24a8a97eed_2_250x500.jpeg)
A2: Don’t use Schedule/ Geo in Eufy and let Homey decide what Eufy needs to do. In this way you can combine other brands together with Eufy. Like this Homey is your source of truth and decides what other hubs/devices needs to do.

Q7: When I try to add a new camera it doesn’t show up
A1: Make sure the new camera is shared with your extra account. Otherwise it can’t be picked up by Homey.

Q8: Eufy disables my Homebase notifications
A1: Use the force notification option inside the Homebase setting: [APP][Pro] Eufy Security - #1029 by martijnpoppen

Q9: How to start a stream
A1: Not supported anymore

Q10: Changing guard mode shows: Not available for this device
A1: This is because the security modes are setup globally. The Off option is only for the homebase. When you see Not available for this device the security mode isn’t changed and the Homey app shows this message as an indicator that it cannot be used with this device.

Q11: Commands to Eufy are not working (on/off , security modes, etc)
A1: This might be caused by your network. If Eufy and Homey are not in the same network the connection won’t work (unless on Homey Cloud).
A2: Since Homey-Eufy version 3 it’s possible to have dynamic IP addresess for your Eufy cameras/homebase. So if you have set-up a static IP and experience any issues, make the IP dynamic, restart the Homey-Eufy app and try again.

Q12: My camera notifications settings are put on include thumbnail
A1: Since Homey-Eufy version 3 this is forced from Homey. As include thumbnail is the best setting which allows Homey to react to all camera types. Text only doesn’t contain an image and Full Effect gives duplicate data and unpredicted results as this behaves different per camera model.

Q13: How to setup self-hosted snapshot service
A0:: This is a DIY, I won’t give support on self-hosted setups
A1: Get a server were you can run docker on (.e.g Synology NAS).
A2: note down the following docker: https://registry.hub.docker.com/r/martijnpoppen/com-eufylife-security-snapshot
A3: The internal container port is 3000
A4: Synology example:

Q14: How to use Snapshots
A1: To enable snapshots go to the device settings of your camera (in Homey) and enable the snapshot functionality. This will give you the Snapshot FlowCard.
A2: After enabling the snapshot feature create a flow like this:

A3.1: Done!

A3.2 NOTE:
The snapshot card will use a external service which runs FFMPEG to generate the snapshot.
This service is hosted by the developer of this app and is free to use.
The service will only be used when the snapshot settings is enabled.
All data is send encrypted and will not be stored on the server.

If you don’t want that read Q13 above

A3.3: How does this work?
When Eufy starts a stream the Homey app receives the H264 Readablestream from Eufy. This is parsed to a Buffer and send to the external server Which runs FFMPEG. FFMPEG takes a snapshot and sends that back. Nothing is stored on the server a there’s no storage available there.

11 Likes

Update Eufy Patches (09-05-2023):

Eufy patched some functionalities:

1. [ Cant’t be fixed ] Web streams are not working. Due to API restrictions its currently not possible to stream a web stream from Homey → [Question]: RTMP CloudLiveStream migrated to WEBRTC · Issue #317 · bropat/eufy-security-client · GitHub

9 Likes

Hi @martijnpoppen , this is great news, when are you going to support other products ?

I have a eufy doorbell 2k wired and a homebase 2 with 2 1080 p cams.
If I can help you with this by testing let me know.

1 Like

Hi @Rens_Hoekema ,
Currently i’m trying to get the notifications to homey.
I think this will also work with the doorbell press but i’m not sure.
If I have a new version ready i’ll reach out to you via DM :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have a doorbell too, i would like to test too :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello Martijn, If I can helping you with testing the doorbell please let me know.

2 Likes

If you need a tester for the wired doorbell let me know :+1::+1:

2 Likes

Another Wireless 2K Doorbell user here, let me know if you want me to test something!

2 Likes

Hi,
Got the notifications working. (Motion, Face, Sound and Doorbell Press).

To test it follow these steps:

• create and extra account in Eufy (otherwise you can be blocked)
  • Make sure you have notifications turned on in your eufy app.
  • install app from community store (v0.7.0)
  • configure app.
  • login with your eufy credentials (the one you just created)
  • Select listen to eufy notifications (checkmark)
  • Save changes. Wait until you see “saved” (don’t hit the save button to many times Eufy will block you)
  • now Eufy is active in your triggers and actions. (there is no support for devices yet).
  • For the if flow -> you can select the specific detection
  • in the then flow -> you can select if you want to set the Guard mode and turn your device on/off

community store: Homey Community Store
or CLI method: GitHub - martijnpoppen/com.eufylife.security at 0.7.0

Next feature I’ll be working on will be adding of devices so you can create flows per device. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I’m also interested in a eufy integration

Thanks for the update!
I tried to get the Deurbel Druk working, but it didn’t work.
This is what I have done so far:

• Shared the devices (EufySecurity app --> Family & Guest --> Add Admin) with a second account.
  • Logged in with second account in the EufySecurity, can see the devices and get notifications.
  • Installed v0.7.0 from Community
  • In Homey Eufy app, Configure App
  • Logged in with the second account. But no keys are generated. It only tells me: “Saved. Logged in to EufyLife.”
  • Tried to create a flow, but no doorbell press was detected.

When I go back to configure the Homey Eufy, all the login details are gone.
And when I try to fill in random things in the login, it also gives the above “Saved” state.
So it looks like the login isn’t working anymore.
With the previous version, it did work and got all de different keys.
If you need any more testing, please let me know!

Hi @Pim_L,
Thanks for your findings.

Did you also log out of the EufySecurity app (on your phone) again?
Because you should logged in in to the EufySecurity app with your main account and logged in with the second account on the homey app.

Can you share a screenshot of the Configure App page in a DM?

That is amazing @martijnpoppen !
I’ve already got an integration working with a Fibaro Implant, but this makes it so much more convenient!

How likely do you think it will be able to include a camera screenshot as well?
Would love to connect that with the Face Recognition app for full integration :slight_smile:

Yes working on that too.

Trying to get devices up and running. I think then it would be possible to have the notfication screenshot as well.

First fixing some Authentication problems :frowning:

3 Likes

Hi @martijnpoppen .

I see that an (other) app has appeared in the Homey store.

Or is the same app?

Hi Twan,
Yes @Pim_L already send me a message about that. It’s a different one.
But as far as i see only doorbell support.

I also requested a publish of my app to the main store. Let’s see where this goes :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t know if you already got it working, because I didn’t.
Installed the app, logged in with my second account (admin rights), got a (swedish?) message that I was logged in, but it didn’t found my doorbell.