- Eufy Security Smart Home Simplified
Add support for Eufy Cam/Doorbell in Homey.
This is not the topic for Eufy Home devices.
The topic for Eufy Home you can find here: Eufy Home
Because of the way the Eufy Security private API works, an email/password combo cannot
work with both the Eufy Security mobile app and this app. It is recommended to
use the mobile app to create a secondary “admin” account with a separate email address
and use it with this app. (Make sure 2FA is disabled for this account)
- Install this app on your Homey.
- Go to
- Provide your Username and Password. Click Next
- Available devices show up
- turn on/off camera (EufyCam pan&tilt will turn its lens)
- Set guard mode (Home, Away, Disarmed, Schedule)
- Add devices and use them in flows. (on/off)
- Get notifications based on detection modes for specific devices. (Motion, Face, Sound and Doorbell Press)
- Get images when motion is detected
- See last motion events
- Generic alarm for each camera → Heimdall (goes off for all events except doorbell press)
If you appreciate this app, contribute to future development by making a paypal contribution
or buy me a coffee on Ko-Fi
Apps made by @martijnpoppen
Live version and Test version
Changelog can be viewed on the app page.
Hi @martijnpoppen , this is great news, when are you going to support other products ?
I have a eufy doorbell 2k wired and a homebase 2 with 2 1080 p cams.
If I can help you with this by testing let me know.
Hi @Rens_Hoekema ,
Currently i’m trying to get the notifications to homey.
I think this will also work with the doorbell press but i’m not sure.
If I have a new version ready i’ll reach out to you via DM
I have a doorbell too, i would like to test too
Hello Martijn, If I can helping you with testing the doorbell please let me know.
If you need a tester for the wired doorbell let me know
Another Wireless 2K Doorbell user here, let me know if you want me to test something!
Got the notifications working. (Motion, Face, Sound and Doorbell Press).
To test it follow these steps:
- create and extra account in Eufy (otherwise you can be blocked)
- Make sure you have notifications turned on in your eufy app.
- install app from community store (v0.7.0)
- configure app.
- login with your eufy credentials (the one you just created)
- Select listen to eufy notifications (checkmark)
- Save changes. Wait until you see “saved” (don’t hit the save button to many times Eufy will block you)
- now Eufy is active in your triggers and actions. (there is no support for devices yet).
- For the if flow -> you can select the specific detection
- in the then flow -> you can select if you want to set the Guard mode and turn your device on/off
community store: Homey Community Store
or CLI method: GitHub - martijnpoppen/com.eufylife.security at 0.7.0
Next feature I’ll be working on will be adding of devices so you can create flows per device.
I’m also interested in a eufy integration
Thanks for the update!
I tried to get the Deurbel Druk working, but it didn’t work.
This is what I have done so far:
- Shared the devices (EufySecurity app --> Family & Guest --> Add Admin) with a second account.
- Logged in with second account in the EufySecurity, can see the devices and get notifications.
- Installed v0.7.0 from Community
- In Homey Eufy app, Configure App
- Logged in with the second account. But no keys are generated. It only tells me: “Saved. Logged in to EufyLife.”
- Tried to create a flow, but no doorbell press was detected.
When I go back to configure the Homey Eufy, all the login details are gone.
And when I try to fill in random things in the login, it also gives the above “Saved” state.
So it looks like the login isn’t working anymore.
With the previous version, it did work and got all de different keys.
If you need any more testing, please let me know!
Thanks for your findings.
Did you also log out of the EufySecurity app (on your phone) again?
Because you should logged in in to the EufySecurity app with your main account and logged in with the second account on the homey app.
Can you share a screenshot of the Configure App page in a DM?
That is amazing @martijnpoppen !
I’ve already got an integration working with a Fibaro Implant, but this makes it so much more convenient!
How likely do you think it will be able to include a camera screenshot as well?
Would love to connect that with the Face Recognition app for full integration
Yes working on that too.
Trying to get devices up and running. I think then it would be possible to have the notfication screenshot as well.
First fixing some Authentication problems
Hi @martijnpoppen .
I see that an (other) app has appeared in the Homey store.
Or is the same app?
Yes @Pim_L already send me a message about that. It’s a different one.
But as far as i see only doorbell support.
I also requested a publish of my app to the main store. Let’s see where this goes
I don’t know if you already got it working, because I didn’t.
Installed the app, logged in with my second account (admin rights), got a (swedish?) message that I was logged in, but it didn’t found my doorbell.