Apps not working (paused)

Hi Michael,
YW!

Athom states an app should not use more than 30MB.
Did you send a message to Martijn about this?
He’s always very helpful:

The Athom Hue app did also behave quite odd for several users, memory going over 60MB every x hours, so they restarted the app every x hours as workaround.

When you look at Insights, that seems to be true, but on the other hand the Memory Statistics (…more>settongs>general) do not show memory for disabled apps.

I was trying to build an app once, removed all of it, but Insights still shows 6MB after 2 years :woozy_face:
Or the Http Request app, it has two entries!:thinking:

In my opinion the Memory Statistics shows the real current RAM use.
Insights is just not removing the leftovers / updating inactive apps.

My apps & memory overview (40 active apps):

Disabled apps (only temporary enabled when needed)
Beacon
Ecovacs Deebot
Broadlinkred
Advanced Scheduler
sysInternals
< Timeline Manager² >
Join
Homey Community Store
Piggy Bank
Action Scheduler
IcalCalendar
Zone Memory

Around 50 apps in total.

I never (hard-)reboot it by a schedule; it reboots after firmware updates, and I reboot it sometimes after fiddling too much with app and device tests.
It’s a linux machine, just like HA, it doesn’t need rebooting to “reset” things imho.

Yes, sorry I did not mention it is non-destructive and won’t alter your stuff.
I think it sort of re-installs ‘Homey OS’ from scratch.
Of course things always cán go wrong (f.i. a power outage during the procedure), so I’d recommend to have a recent backup available.

Follow instructions, the setup menu will ask if you want to restore a backup:

True, but it could by using two Hue bridges.
But that is cheating imho :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

It still puzzles me, I’d like to start without a manual, but to me it’s very un-intuitive.
What I like about Homey is the relative ease of automating.

True, although I had no real issues with Homey’s zigbee (Ikea lights + Aqara don’t mix), I’ve moved zigbee to HA with Z2M, also just to play and check stuff out. Works great.

Like most companies, the marketing is not exactly according to the reality
Homey just can’t interface with f.i. tado, Somfy io, and others, without having to use their own bridges/hubs.

Yeah, I got the idea they can’t solve it, just like the Google sync button switching itself off every x days.

But I still recommend to report the ENOMEM issue to Athom, for the record, and who knows this is a solvable issue.

1 Like