Aqara FP2, mmWave presence detection on WiFi

Add Aqara home and Homey to the IFTTT services. Create a new applet with this device. Add IFTTT app to Homey first.

Thx.
i will give this a try!

Sorry late response.
I see I was a little quick in my typing. I use “virtuele apparaten” as well for a virtual device.

When a device is added, homekitty adds it to homekit automaticaly when homekitty has been setup as a bridge.
But is have read you need a hub for that?!? I was not aware as I have one.
Could be an apple tv or homepod (mini)

Were you able to do this with ifttt?

I just raised a ticket at aqara to ask for official support for homey, maybe if more poeple do the same they will build an official app
this is the link.
https://static-resource.aqara.com/html/feedback.html
hopefully they will putt some time into it.

4 Likes

The Homey Aqara App is officially supported and developed by Aqara:

(Source)

(Privacy Policy - Aqara)

3 Likes

To bad that after that announcement it went silent🥲

A lot of great developers are relatively quiet right now. I assume that these developers are currently supporting Athom in the development of the HP23.

1 Like

Let’s hope so.
Athom is actively advertising with Aqara. Even in the latest marketing video:

I suspect they see something being wrong at this moment,they reported it and expecting Athom to fix the stuff…and gave up on any additional development toll foxed :-)) If I’m wrong, happy to see someone correcting me

The HP23 introduction resulted in a lot of immaturity issues that affected existing apps / drivers that needed to be resolved first.

Correct.

Please do so, I am aligning with Aqara on the roadmap and actively discussing to enable adding the FP2 to the current Aqara app; do note that it will require quite some effort to add a new protocol to the app.

14 Likes

The main issue is the current Aqara app is based on Zigbee but the FP2 uses WiFi and therefore a completely different technology. Also, there is currently no way to connect locally to the FP2, so the only option is via their cloud API, which is a complete mess.
Hopefully, @TedTolboom will be able to negotiate a solution with Aqara as they weren’t interested in supporting Homey when i made enquiries.
I have an app that sort of works, but it is not stable enough for me to release it due to the quirks of Aqara’s callback system.

6 Likes

Just receive my FP2 sensor today and start to play with it,very good product but the only thing i can do it’s with iftt and it’s limited
Hope an app for our beloved Homey pro see the day soon

1 Like

Contacted them, and got a resonse:

Thank you for contacting us.

I’m sorry to tell me that there is no plan to do this for the time being. Please check our Facebook page for updates at Aqara | New York NY.

Sincerely,
Cecilia
Aqara Technical Support

On Wed, Aug 2 at 9:11 AM , Jan Pexxxxxxx <jan.pexxxxx@gmail.com> wrote:

Please add the FP2 to the current Homey-Aqara app.

Thanks in advance

I think @TedTolboom’s remarks about FP2 support are a bit more accurate: [APP] Aqara & Xiaomi Smart Home - A different kind of Smart Home solution (Zigbee App) - #4704 by TedTolboom

3 Likes

Cecilia is busy. She wrote me the same answer:

Hi Rüdiger,

Thank you for contacting us.

Unfortunately, there is no plan to do this for the time being. Please check our Facebook page for updates at Aqara.

Sincerely,
Cecilia

Me it’s Caleb so i had a différent answer
Hi Ewen,

Thank you for being a loyal customer and choosing Aqara products for your smart home setup.

While we appreciate your interest in using the Aqara FP2 sensor with Homey, we must inform you that the FP2 sensor is not officially supported for integration with Homey. We cannot guarantee the results or functionality when using the FP2 sensor with Homey.

We value your feedback and will take it into consideration as we continue to improve and expand the compatibility of our devices with various smart home platforms.

If you have any other questions or need further assistance, please feel free to reach out to our technical support team, and we’ll be happy to help.

Thank you for your understanding, and we hope you continue to enjoy using Aqara products in your smart home.

2 Likes

Negotiation work in progress… will take some time to come to a conclusion (managing expectations)

5 Likes

Sorry for my late reply. On vacation…
I am not a fan of using IFTTT, but will try later this week.
Thx for the input.

1 Like

Pardon my ignorance; I’m not a developer. It may be harder than it sounds but isn’t the most efficient way to use FP2 locally with Homey is to resurrect the HomeKit Controller app? I have an old version on Homey and successfully added FP2. It was only pushing the luminance data because I guess it didn’t know how to interpret multiple motion sensors. But it works. Minor update to that app should do the trick, no?. Happy to donate to a developer for that

3 Likes

You mean this app?