[APP][Pro] Homewizard 🧙‍♂️

v3.3.17 is live now

I am very satisfied with this app, only the solar panels via kWh meter are not processed correctly in the Energy dashboard in Homey. I received the following answer from Athom, I hope you can do something to solve this.

*Homey distinguishes between energy consuming and energy generating devices. Energy generators (such as solar panels) are shown in the outer ring of the Energy overview.

In this case, your panels are connected via the Homewizzard KWH meter, but they are not qualified as Energy generators. As a result, the Energy calculation is ultimately incorrect.

The issue you are experiencing can only be solved by the developers of the App. They can adjust the App or possibly add a new KWH meter to the App and qualify it as Energy generators, so that Homey can correctly transfer the value to the Energy overview.*

I have no clue what you are referring to. Did you apply to solar type in settings of the kwh meter in Homey?

The Homey energy overview is incorrect from the moment my solar panels start. Athom says this is caused by the fact that the kWh meter in Homey is not defined as energy generator. In below pic the total consumption should be 753 but is indicated as 919, the panels are not showing as the producing device.
I have my panels through Homewizard kWh meter added in HW app in Homey. I can’t specify the device type in any setting, but if I could do that then it would show correctly. In a simple smart plug I can define what type it is, but not in kWh meter.
I hope it makes a bit sense…

Casper Vet

Change settings to Solar in your kwh

If things were this easy…

Casper Vet

Stange yours doesnt have socket option to make it Solar. When did you add it?

Mine does work so strange how it doesn’t work at your set up.

In September 2022 I added it in Homey for the second time as the first time in July 2022 it had this issue so I thought it would help to remove and add again. Really strange, isn’t it?

Casper Vet

Try readd it please, socket type support was added shortly after it.

When my router Unify Dream Machine is setup to use the internet through NORDVPN the HomeWizard devices get the status: not reachable

As soon as the NordVPN is switched of the devices are reachable again…

1 Like

Don’t use NordVPN, or, configure it first to meet your needs.
As you had similar issues with Sonos, this is not HomeWizard related :man_shrugging:

Sounds like NordVPN cripples the local multicast traffic which is mandatory for anything like Homewizard (local wifi/api), Sonos, Google/ChromeCast.

This week I bought 3 new kWh meters in addition to new Homewizard sockets and have now installed them.
I can connect the sockets. The new kWh meters (1 phase) cannot.
My older kWh (both 1 and 3 phase) were and are still connected.
I now see Homewizard on the new meters instead of Eastron.
Is this a newer generation that does not yet work with Homey?

Pls read instructions in the Homewizard app topic, first post:

Thanks. I tried this yesterday evening, setting is available. I connected the kWh as instructed by Homewizard, and now if I select it as zonnepanelen it just adds up the power to my home usage, in the energy overview :frowning:. It didn’t bring me much.

Casper Vet

Restart HomeWizard app on Homey.

Hi Jeroen, thanks a lot for your fast and adequate assistance, all fine now!

Casper Vet

1 Like

Problem is old deployed devices keep their old capabilities.

Test/beta update:

v3.3.18

• Added support to the Energy usage for Homey (Homey SDK)

v3.3.18

Both P1 and water meter are offline in Homey, not in the HW mobile app.
Any tips?

NordVPN is running on a different client (Google TV) so it should not interfere. I switched it off in the meantime and restarted the app in Homey to be sure)

Sent you the diagnostics.