[APP][Pro] Homewizard 🧙‍♂️

Anyone else having problems right now with some Homewizard-devices?

I have a 3-fase kWh-meter and a P1-Pulse meter not being available in Homey right now. They work just fine in the Energy app but are having a red exclamation mark in Homey. Restarting Homey and/or the Homewizard app doesn’t seem to do anything. Water meter is functioning fine btw.

Diagnostics: 80dfeeea-4b29-4454-b4e9-ce52d72e4bff

Edit: Maybe some clues: I had a Unifi reset yesterday. After that the HW devices came back allright. Later, at 1 AM there was a scheduled Homey restart and after that the Pulse meter and kWh meter became unavailable in Homey.

Check your mDNS settings. Unifi has some multicast features that must work. Tips are on google chromecast and unifi. Wifi tick boxes like AP isolation should be off etc.

Well, everything started working again after a soft reset of the Unifi router without any config changes. That was the only thing that had not been tried before (because of the impact it has on the whole family :wink: ) So I guess it’s just one of those things…

Thanks for the fast response btw!

Yeah, I have UniFi myself so know those problems. My router is an opnsense firewall with mDNS relay service for different vlans (IoT).

Beste Jeroen,

Komt deze app ook beschikbaar voor de homey app gebruikers?

Groet,

Peter

I’m afraid not, Peter:
On Homey ‘cloud’/‘Premium’, Athom prefers to allow only apps from companies. And it costs €100 a year to get and keep the app allowed.
I absolutely don’t see Jeroen doing that.

Furthermore, the Homey app + bridge cannot set up local network connections, only cloud to cloud.

Tip: it is possible to get yourself a Pro 2019 incl. adv. for around €100. Flow.

Sorry guys english here but yeah (@Peter_de_Groot1) I cant make this available for the “app” based Homey as that only is cloud based. The Homewizard devices provide only a “local api” to utilize via wifi and that is t accessible via the Homey app. You need a physical unit like the early 2016/2019 sphere or the latest one to make it work.

I doubt even if Homewizard is willing to open up their cloud interface to utilize this feature as it requires a lot of development work from their end while that cloud based Homey is only a minor use case for them.

Their strength is what they do now develop and sell hardware for the customers and support them with their own Energy app.

Thanks for your quick reply and explanation.

Looking from that perspective it’s understandable.

I’ll have a think about acquiring a 2019 homey.

1 Like

Thanks for your explanation. Never assumed it worked liked this. Now I understand why the homey pro is needed to make this work.

Whoops. Done!

1 Like

Hi there, is it normal that the current from fase1 is seperate from the fase 2 and 3 they are not grouped together in the overview screen in my Homey.

Best regards Peter.

Yes blame Homey for that. It’s a bit of a problem about the order when capabilities are added/removed. Sadly no alphabetical order or personal order/sorting people can apply.

Hi Jeroen,

Thanks for your reply and than we have to deal with it until Homey/Athom fix this or not :pleading_face:

Best regards Peter.

Test / beta:

v3.3.17

• Added 60s timeout for Homewizard wifi devices (P1, sockets, etc.) due to bad user wifi coverage

Hi @Jeroen_Tebbens ,
Thanks for creating and updating this great app!

Since a few days (monday) my Homewizard devices (one p1 meter and two smartplugs) stopped working (device unavailable) within Homey. They still look healthy on my Wifi network (both homey and the HW devices are on the same network) and they also still report in the Energy app. I tried to remove the P1 meter and tried to re-add but it didn’t popup (no new devices have been found)

Any idea what could be the problem and the solution? Help is much appreciated.

Kind regards :slight_smile:

Yes typical access point not passing mdns (Multicast DNS) traffic anymore.
This is raised several times here in this topic. Reboot your access point.

Regards,
Jeroen

Thanks @Jeroen_Tebbens that did indeed the trick. Next time I will search a little better through the forum :wink:

1 Like

I had the same issues as written above. My dongle didn’t update or respons anymore in Homey. I deleted the device and now I’m trying to reconnect but did not succeed.

• Local API in Energy+ app is ON
  • Pulled all power cables out KPN access points for a few minutes so they reboot
  • I checked the modem settings for any mDNS settings, but did not find those

Any tips or tricks left?

Help is much appreciated!!

Reboot your Homey and try again.

1 Like

Yes, finally! This was it.

1 Like