[APP][Pro] Xiaomi Mi Home App

I have committed a donation, but now see that I even not use the app anymore for a while :smile: But I will keep my promise and if needed I will donate.

I have seen a lot of suggestion, and one thing you could do is to make the app to give a comment on each page when device is opened that the app needs more sponsors to make it SDK3 ready, with an info page on the page settings for example where and how.
The info on device level is something similar as with the Shelly app to make people aware that the devices are soon need to be readded, due to changed drivers. This could people make more aware that development is stopped and action is needed to keep app up to date for SDK3 and/or Homey 2023 support and further.

As developer, make sure that the donation button on the Homey app store is correct and working.

Just my 2 euro cents.

3 Likes

Not really, upgrade and merging is taking way more time than expected. The app is essentially a full re-write. But I wont sit on it when it’s done. I’ll probably release it without supporting it. But for now there are all sorts of quirks in the code I need to figure out without having the devices. Extensive testing needs to be done by the users who actually own the devices once there is a releasable version.

I’m indeed considering something like this.

Donation buttons in the app store are hardly never used. I think I received about 20 donations over a period of 6 years with about a total of 25.000 app installs (half of my apps have been transferred to other developers now though). I dont mind that much though, I do it as a hobby. Having to whoop out EUR 400,- just for pleasing other users is a bit too much for me though.

:moneybag: Bounty thread for updating Xiaomi Mi Home to SDK3 :moneybag:

I will post update as per info in this thread
(intentionally as new message to keep raising attention)

Please don’t commit your donation if you will not keep up on your donation.

@Sharkys - €15 - done
@Glenn_Dijkstra - €25 (in case of update of the original app) - commitment :+1:
@Henk_Renting - €25 - commitment :+1:
@M_a_r_c_o - €15 - commitment :+1:
@Jan_Peeters - €25 - commitment :+1:
@JPe4619 - €25 - commitment :+1:

Sum : €130 (€269 to go)
Paypal link - PayPal.Me (always rely on info provided by Jelger Haanstra - @Phuturist )

Other potential donations :
@caaaasper €10, commitment (not sufficient history on forum)

@Phuturist :pray: FYI

Conditions to be fulfilled : Xiaomi Mi Home SDK3 compatible version published
ETA : don’t ask for ETA, trust to the community and developers

In case of any disagreements, let me know by PM or by reply to this message.

I pledge €15,- to the same conditions

1 Like

I also pledge €50,- but only if the app is also updated with the newer devices😇

1 Like

To prevent any misunderstanding, what could be and what could be not achieved, any particular devices you mean ?

I have the Xiaomi Smart Pet Food Feeder and Fountain, and would like to get them added so i can automate some things when i am away for work. I also have some more devices but these are already supported by the app (not great but kinda working). ps, i tried to add my air purifier again to the old app (made an IOT wifi network today so had to re-add it) and it gives an error message: device power is not a function.

SDK3, or Homey 2023? Or both?

As there is no official API the integration of new devices depends on one of these things.

1. Access to the physical device (users would need to send me a device)
  2. Some other library that already integrated the device which shows it’s parameters
  3. The user that requests the integration supplies me with the parameters of the device, usually by sniffing network communication of the device.

For now it all seems like a lost cause anyway as I’m not planning on paying more that 50% of a Homey Pro myself. So best achievable would be an unmaintained SDK3 app with no garantees it works on Homey Pro 2023 and I guess most of the current pledgers wont even pay for that.

2 Likes

As follow-up to my previous post here: [APP][Pro] Xiaomi Mi Home App for WiFi devices - #976 by Phuturist

Guess there is good news for the users of this app. I ordered a Homey Pro 2023 yesterday.

As I mentioned earlier I’m unable to understand why Athom does not support the community developers with the required hardware to make integration of devices possible. The following illustrates my point perfectly.

I maintain other apps for brands that are verified partners and I asked Allterco Robotics, the company behind the Shelly brand, yesterday if they could contact Athom and ask for the required hardware to ensure their app would continu to work. I already receive Shelly devices for free to get them integrated with Homey and as developer I feel compensated and respected by Allterco Robotics for the amount of free time I put into the Shelly app. Within a hour I had €400,- on my PayPal account from Allterco Robotics. They told me that it was easier to pay for my Homey Pro 2023 than having to talk to Athom about it. A world of difference …

I’ll continu to upgrade the Xiaomi Mi Home app to SDK3 and will test it with Homey Pro 2023 as far as I can test it without having most of the devices myself. In two or three weeks the first test version should be available in the test channel and would then need extensive testing and bug fixing from the user base.

11 Likes

Then I keep my promise and have committed the € 15,- to your paypal account.

2 Likes

I’ll pay up my pledge no later than this weekend!
Enjoy, your new hardware!

2 Likes

@Phuturist despite of the great news :wink: Let me summarize …

:moneybag: Bounty thread for updating Xiaomi Mi Home to SDK3 :moneybag:

I will post update as per info in this thread
(intentionally as new message to keep raising attention)

Please don’t commit your donation if you will not keep up on your donation.

@Sharkys - €15 - done
@Glenn_Dijkstra - €25 (in case of update of the original app) - commitment :+1:
@Henk_Renting - €25 - commitment :+1:
@M_a_r_c_o - €15 - commitment :+1:
@Jan_Peeters - €25 - commitment :+1:
@JPe4619 - €25 - commitment :+1:
@JaccoStraaijer - €15 - commitment :+1: with the same conditions like above

Sum : €145

Paypal link - PayPal.Me (always rely on info provided by Jelger Haanstra - @Phuturist - double-check his Paypal links)

Other potential donations not counted :
@caaaasper €10, commitment (not sufficient history on forum)
@Glenn_Seegers - €50 - commitment :+1: but only if updated with the newer devices

Conditions to be fulfilled : Xiaomi Mi Home SDK3 compatible version published
ETA : don’t ask for ETA, trust to the community and developers

In case of any disagreements, let me know by PM or by reply to this message.

Donated €25 already for the oncoming update, €25 more if the devices i mentioned are added​:wink::+1:t2:

2 Likes

I ll need to check my PayPal login lol. Anyway, it ll be on your account this week. Thanks a lot!

Update: done!

2 Likes

@Phuturist @Sharkys

My commitment is fulfilled. Just donated 15 euros through the PayPal app as @Phuturist committed himself to update the app. Great news!

2 Likes

I will do a donation this weekend as well!
And can test some wifi devices such as purifier and humidier.
And maybe the Xiaomi Vacuum STYJ02YM?
It works via a workaround in the Roborock app but the developer is not active anymore.
And in the current Xiaomi app i can’t connect it.

1 Like

Maybe opportunity for @Phuturist fro another app ? :wink:

Thanx to all who donated, it’s much appreciated … :pray:

I’ll be on holiday the upcoming week. The week after that I will release the first test version to the test channel. This release contains the following:

• Upgrade to SDK3
  • Merged with the Mi Homey app from the community store, all devices will now be available under one app (this requires re-pairing of those devices)
  • Support for a couple of extra devices from pending pull requests from the Xiaomi Mi Home repo
  • Couple of improvements to existing drivers
  • Possibly tested on Homey Pro 2023 but I havent had time to set that up yet

Since it’s a complete rewrite it could be some devices need to be re-paired or flows need to be fixed. There was a lot of duplicate and not optimized code in both apps which I cleaned out. Something that ment breaking currently functionality to make it more future proof.

When all is stable I can consider added missing devices where the information of these devices is available somewhere on the internet.

7 Likes

Is there a possibility that “room”-cleaning can come to the app?