[APP][Pro] Xiaomi Mi Home App

v3.0.9 - 2023-02-06

No functional changes. Updated the app manifest to reflect a new developer and the possibility for future development and a possible upgrade to SDK3. See the forum support topic for further details.

TL;TR: This app is end-of-life soon if not upgraded. I need financial support to upgrade and continu development. If you want to keep using it in the future, pledge for a donation in this topic.

The long version: For the users of this app the stumble upon this topic because the app was just updated after many months or you noticed that the app is not supported on Homey Pro 2023. I’m the inital developer of this app and have now (temporary) taken over ownership of the app again after it has not been maintained for a long time by the developer that took over from me some time ago. My motivation for doing this is to create a win-win situation for both me and the users of this app and I need your help to do this.

This app is currently developed in SDK2. This version will be out of support soon making the app as it is end-of-life. It will not work on Homey Pro 2023 and will be taken out of the app store at some point. I offered to develop, maintain and improve this app because the developer that took over from me some years ago is pretty much out of the picture. First thing to do would be to make the upgrade to SDK3 to avoid getting it hidden / removed from the app store. While making this upgrade I will also merge it with the version that is in the community store that has a lot of duplicate devices but also offers some extra devices. Second would be to make sure it’s compatible with Homey Pro 2023 as the SDKv3 seems to behave a little different on the new hardware.

But to be able to do so I need to have a Homey Pro 2023 in the first place. My Homey Early 2016 is slowly dying and is not suitable anymore for continued development. But here is the thing, I don’t have any benefit myself for buying a Homey Pro 2023 since I don’t actively use Homey myself anymore. I asked Athom if they are willing to contribute but they wont. For some reason they do not see how important it is to support community developers even though their eco system hugely depends on it. So my plan is to raise enough money through donations from users to get me a Homey Pro 2023. When I do get enough donations I will make sure the app is upgraded and works with Homey Pro 2023.

Already some users have pledged for this. If you want to see this app further developed, maintained and improved you can make a pledge yourself. Just post it here in this topic. @Sharkys is already keeping track of the donations and will add it to the list. Thank you for reading.

4 Likes