[App][Pro] Tuya Cloud

Why, HA uses exactly the same API… :crazy_face:

It should work for most devices.
Re-run / re-check your configuration.
You’ll find a step by step video in this post:

Thx Peter. I’ll double check again. How do I know if and which device is sending status messages?

1 Like

I was just planning to get rid of HA and keep only 2 domotica systems to maintain :wink:

Afaik virtual (IR) remotes do not send text messasges.

No IR in my config Peter. I only have some standard light bulbs, sockets, a remote lock, a numeric keypad and heater.

I made an exact copy of this flow [App][Pro] Tuya Cloud - #765 by Peter_Kawa to receive status messages. Unfortunately no message is received at all. Is there another way to see some debugging or logging in Homey if anything is received from Tuya Cloud?

Or can it be a setting in Tiya Cloud itself? IoT Core and Device Status Notification for example are both in service and recently extended.

Fixed! I corrected a typo in the send message with DeviceID/Function/Value. Works as a breeze now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great! Glad you found the error, Yvo.

Hi! Are there any reasons why temperature sensors Zigbee/WiFi are not compatible with this great Tuya cloud app? I get my Zigbee door sensors to connect, bit the are no temperature sensor to search for?

1 Like

This means Jurgen isn’t working on it, but if someone has a fix, he’ll probably adds it to the app.
As a workaround, you can use “Raw commands” to get the temperature of your sensors.
Look in post #1 for the Raw commands how-to

True that, but the app crashes… well never really. Whereas…

Which would be the 2nd?

Dear Jurgen, I have a problem with code 2406. I have done all the steps severall times as you discribed but I’m still getting the code 2406.

Did you try this? Worked for several other users:

1 Like

How can I add a log like this to a virtual device. I receive all data from Tuya Cloud but I am wondering how to add them to a log.

I have found an interesting behavior with a Tuya Wall Socket. The socket is always ON and in the socket there is a water heater with thermostat which switches the heater ON and OFF. The socket reports power consumption to the cloud and I receive the cur_power messages. When there is no power consumption (heater off) I receive 0 W, when there is power consumption (heater on) I receive the actual value. All fine until following scenario: socket ON, heater OFF => I receive power consumption 0W, then perform either a Tuya Cloud app restart or a Homey reset, then when everything is online and the heater is still OFF I receive the last power consumption that was greater than 0 (say 1500 W) before the app restart or homey restart. All goes back to normal after there is a change of status of power consumption (heater switches back ON).

I suspect when consumption is 0, there is no such value reaching the Homey app because checking the Tuya log in IoT Tuya web, there is no such 0 W value in the log file. So I guess there might be a status message sent instead of the 0 W power consumption. So the message I guess is received in the app but also the last power consumption value is still there.

Does any of you found this issue, too.? Is there hope for a fix considering there is no real maintenance support available anymore?

The Simple Log app is an excellent tool for this.

However it looks different from the picture attached by you initially. I wasn’t referring to any log, but to get it exactly in a log in this place (see red marking). Is the Simple Log app doing that?

I guess that looks similar to this

Ah I see, I thought it was about saving the Tuya Events to a log
No the simple log app just stores what you send to it by flowcards.
The device log is, as far as I know, not controllable by anyone/anything but Homey.
But, when you create a virtual device for the ‘switch_led’ True/False events, it should show up in the device log, where your red markings are.

Drive it with a flow like this (don’t have Tuya Cloud app anymore, so I used Notes, but you get the idea I hope):

Result:
Screenshot from 2023-11-15 00-12-54

We are getting closer. :slight_smile: Sorry, I will try to reformulate.

Yes, I want to see the Tuya Events but not in any log. I want to see them in the device log as in your initial picture. It’s about the Tuya Cloud events. As you can see, there is no issue to get the switching events in the device log. But I cannot figure out hot to get the Tuya Events there.