[App][Pro] Tuya Cloud

All, I will stop actively development of this app, thank you for using the app.

The reason I stop is that I moved to Home Assistant. I had Zigbee problems, so I needed extra hub, not all 433 devices I had did work with Homey and I saw that sometimes events get lost( papertrails did give insights in this). Besides the problems I am not completely agree to force SDK 3 without updating all of their own apps( or make available so a community dev could take over) and the decision not supporting Matter on current Homey pro( even not as extra add-on, just like advanced flows).

My problems and disagree with some decisions doesn’t mean that Homey is a bad product, it has absolutely strengths( and better looks) and still best choice for beginners( I think), but it doesn’t suit my needs anymore. Also HA has his own problems and quirks. I had to made the choice to invest in new Homey, with uncertainties, or continue with HA and add some extra USB controllers for ZWave and 433. I already had HA running aside to Homey last half year with Zigbee. And last 2 months I run without Homey and the new USB modules without problems.

because I think it’s important that devices stay supported, and if an other developer wants to take over the app, this can be arranged.

7 Likes