[App][Pro] Tuya Cloud

Hi,
What about the power metering capability? I can see the power consumtion in the tuya cloud app but it is not available in Homey. Is this correct? If so, will it be implemented?
Thank you,
G.

You mean the tuya smart app on your phone, not tuya cloud app on Homey I guess.
A.f.a.i.k. the Tuya API does not provide the possibility to add metering functionality. It is in Tuya’s hands, not the developer’s

1 Like

@Jonas_Andersson2 Sometimes it reminds me of windows… The reboot miracle🤪

1 Like

If everything else fails try rebooting…

Any plans on adding support for dehumidifiers? :smiley:

You can control almost all non-supported (mains powered) Tuya devices by using Tuya Cloud Execute a Scene card in flows.
You can’t use sensors to start flows this way.
(But, certain Motion- and Contact sensors are supported by Tuya Cloud app now)

Example:
Diffuser control via Tuya Cloud ‘Execute a Scene’ card

At your phone:
Add the diffuser to the Tuya app.
Create 2 “tap-to-run” scenes inside the Tuya app.

(Deprecated, for Legacy api only:
Now wait for 10 mins :hugs:. This is because Tuya refreshes once in 10 mins. Otherwise you won’t find your fresh created scenes @ your Homey.
)

At Homey:

• Go to …More > Apps > Tuya Cloud > Configure App.
    Hit the Refresh Scenes button.
    Or
    Restart the Tuya Cloud app.

• Create a new virtual device*** (app: Virtual Devices); Call it for instance ‘Diffuser’.

• Create 2 flows for this device.

Example flow:

1. WHEN Diffuser = OFF,
        repeat the above (at point 1.), but find and pick scene “switch diffuser & led Off”

Now you can control this device with Homey flows!

Added July '23:

Screenvid for adding IR blaster/hub buttons:

20230704_150603

→ Now restart Tuya Cloud app

20230704_151706

Optional stuff:
When you have a google (nest) mini or compatible, and synced Homey with it, you can yell “Hey google, switch diffuser on”.
This is because your virtual switch appears in Google Home (sometimes after yelling "hey google, synchronise devices)

***)Homey’s native virtual switch can also be used (it appears in Google Home too).
BUT you can’t pick a custom icon for the tile, in Virtual Devices you can…

10 Likes

@Peter_Kawa Good explination!

1 Like

YW Jurgen. I already had a Dutch version of it. I use it from time to time with FB Homey groups

1 Like

Just spiced it up a little. Perfectionist habit of mine :wink:

2 Likes

Hello @Jurgen_Heine,

Since Homey released the official V5 version I notice that everytime Homey is restarted my tuya dimmer isn’t found anymore. Restarting the app solves the problem.

Any ideas?

And another problem which I never mentioned, but learned to live with (untill now). I have a problem with the dimming range of the dimmer. In the Smartlife app I can dimm from 0 to 100% and backwards, but in Homey it is like the dimming process from 0 to 100% is fitted like 3 times within the 0 to 100% dimming range of Homey. So in Homey I go from 0 to about 33% and the light is really on 100% and after 33% the process starts from the beginning. So in Homey 34% is really like 1% in Smartlife again.

Also any ideas on this?

Regards,

Dennis

It has nothing todo with V5, it’s because of a Tuya limitation for discovering devices every once in 10 minutes. Tuya added this limitation and I can’t do anything about it. The problem with dimming is known, I am already looking at this probleem. Somehow there are different dimming ranges for devices. I only have my own devices to test, and the API doesn’t give data to distinguish the devices. I am planning to add device specific settings for the dimming.

1 Like

Hey Dennis!

1. Why would you restart Homey? You only have to restart the apps with issues.
  2. I had similar dim setting issues a while ago, and someone pointed me to the fact Tuya dimvalues 0% to 100% are from 0.01 to 0.31 in Homey.
    Other dimvalues go from 0.01 to 1.00

I never got the idea to drop a Q @ @Jurgen_Heine though🤗
So Jurgen, it sure would be nice if the dimvalues can be altered from 0.01 to 1.00 !
I hope you’ll find the issue one day.

If you need a tuya lightbulb for testing, I can donate and send you one.

Thanx in advance.

The issue was already known to me. The values from Homey are from 0.1-1.0, but Tuya API needs other values. The first Tuya light bulbs needed value from 0 -255 for non color mode and needed 0-100 for color mode. Those values are now hardcoded and copied from original Home Automation project.

This was working well for a period of time, but Tuya started to use other light drivers, some are fully supported ( first generation), others partially supported( colors not working) and others aren’t supported at all( Zigbee lights with gateway) by the API. Apparently different ranges are needed now for those newer models.

The API is unfortunallity only telling it’s a light, but it doesn’t tell which model. So I can’t distinguish the different models, I only know it’s a light so I can’t implement different ranges for different models.

1 Like

Ah ok. Makes Sense how you put it.

Thanks. It is what it is Jurgen!

Hi,
Is it possible to add the four socket power strip please?

€ 27,64 50%OFF | Wifi EU Smart Power Strip 16A Plug Socket Power Monitor USB Quick Charger Voice Control With Alexa Google Home Tuya App

Sockets/switch is already supported. But I don’t know if multiple are supported, if they don’t work with the current implementation than it’s not possible.

O.K., to bad.
Thank you for your feedback; much appreciated.

I have a four socket power strip, only three sockets are available. In the Zigbee version, the four sockets are available.

I think it stops here for me with Tuya. I must admit, I was interested by their approach, but feel as if their implementation is lacking. Power consumption not available in the API is another dealbreaker.

I can only agree with you. The Tuya implementation gives problems. Their official API is only for bussiness and you have to pay yearly fee for it. The Home automation API, which is used by this Tuya cloud app, is lacking support for a lot of devices and becomes cripled by time-outs. To use local control you even have to make a develloper account. The Zigbee light devices arent using standard commands for color, but needs modified commands. I think they only care for bussinesses who are selling their devices with their ecosystem.

Hi, i Wonder myself, as i have this opener, vant find the opener in the Tuya app on the Homey.