[APP][Pro] Homewizard 🧙‍♂️

Sadly it’s a bit complex to what the cause of the issue is. Every local network or wifi has its own behavior regarding multicast, dns, vlan(segmentation yes/no), static ip on plugs and other devices related.

Jus a note you compare a cloud connected device vs local connection behavior and that is different.

If all is considered “normal” an ip address change of a plug should trigger a new mdns discovery and the Homewizard for homey detect this and update the configuration of th device in homey and restart the polling.

A restart of this app is something that “normal” as that happens aswell when I push a new version. There are even Homey users that reboot their Homey daily but that is something I avoid at all cost.

Hi Jeroen,

Thanks for your feedback. Are there many some ‘best practices’/tips that you can share from your own experience?

Best regards, Jan

For Homewizard Energy devices my suggestion is reserve static ip’s in the dhcp server scope of your router (when possible). Some routers and dhcpserver keep cycle their dhcp scope.

More advanced tip(and those who are knowledgeable enough to implement): separate your IoT devices from your local LAN. Most of these IoT devices are cheap China tech and not known to proper firmware updates. When you separate these you need mdns repeater/proxy/relay on your router.

1 Like

Ik ben een nieuwe gebruiker van zowel de P1 en de watermeter. Ik wil beide apparaten in HomeyPro toeveogen. maar dat lukt me niet. Ik hoop dat iemand me hier kan helpen!

Did you switched on the Local API in the Homewizard app?

This is the English part for the Homewizard.

Yeah did that…

And you’ve read all instructions in post #1 as well?

Upon pairing do not press the P1 button as described. It must stay solid green.

That’s happening. I restarted the Homey Pro, and now I get them into the list!

Hi.

I have an issue with Homewizward.

I have a P1 Meter and 2 Kwh meters. I am able to connect them and view them in the Homewizard app on my iPhone.

I am also able to add the P1 meter to homey, but can’t find the Kwh meters. I have resetted my Homey and now first tried to add the kwh meters and that was a succes, but now the P1 meter is not discovered within Homey.

The API settings are enabled.

Does anyone have any idea?

Restart the Homey HomeWizard app

Unfortunately that did not solve it

Pull P1 (powerless) and back in?

That didn’t worked either

Ok just to be clear you can see these devices in your Homey but have a red marker as unavailable?

No, I can only see the Kwh meters and they are working fine.

When I try to add the P1-Meter the app is unable to find it at all.

Ok must be mdns problem, please install a mdns discovery browser as mentioned earlier in this forum channel. Check to see if you can find .hwenergy etc

I did, I am able to find the record.

API is Enabled