[APP][Pro] Eufy Security

@martijnpoppen

The doorbell detects the postwoman and rings the base as if it had rung when it had not

My cams don’t work anymore. Eufy v4.5.5. Homey latest version. 8.1.2

V3.7.2 latest
Very hard to type when foreground colour is white and background colour is light gray when replying to your email. Thanks.

When holding device cam and opens, no image any more, battery level is now unknown,

@Wemo_Wemo as already replied in the review.
Use the link to the official topic.

Otherwise we get Eufy topics everywhere.

@Dijker can you move this to the official topic?

1 Like

@Wemo_Wemo

• battery can happen sometimes. Changing the security modes of your Homebase will trigger an update

• about the image. What exactly do you expect when you read that message? :thinking:

• and you say they dont work. What exactly does t work anymote?

Sorry about that. How? Need step by step.
Thanks

-Battery now working.
-Used to show image but now a message appears as follows: Eufy made chages to their API. Currently it’s not possible to retrieve camera thumbnails from the Eufy devices in Homey.
-They didnt display battery status, motion detection, image, etc. Uninstalled and reinstalled and all work now except the image, which is understandable.

Thanks for your patience. I had trouble trying to reply this but all good now, I hope.
Thanks again.

1 Like

@Wemo_Wemo Nice that’s working again

For the image I hope we’ll find a fix soon.

2 Likes

New app update (TEST: 3.7.3):

Changelog:

FIX:
1: FIX: Eufycam 3 light switch @Yannick_Eeckelaert

If you find any issues, send a report via the mobile homey app

More - apps - Eufy Security - settings wheel right top - send diagnostic report (put your email in the input field to make it easier)

You can install the test version by clicking the link above and press install

Don’t want to be part of this test version? Install the live version → Eufy Security App for Homey | Homey

De batterij status werkt niet helaas.

Marco

@Marco3 this is a English topic
Please change your message so everybody can read along.

You can force the battery update by changing the security modes of the Homebase

the value I read in homey is incorrect. I have 1 camera that the battery is empty, I received that message via homey, then charged the battery, but in homey it is still empty.

where can i find it in the home base?

@Marco3 also check FAQ Q5

But you can change the Homebase from Home to Away or something like that

9e180cb2-b02d-4062-bc92-d05825423a8c

battery status that I see in homey is not correct and does not change. see report.

@Marco3 did you read the FAQ i sent you? :sweat_smile:

Oke

@Marco3 there’s not much that i can do. Eufy doesn’t report it properly so in Homey it’s kinda useless

@martijnpoppen why can’t you trigger a recording and save the video on the homebase? For example, I want Fibaro motion sensor trigger a recording on eufy cam once there is a motion detected.

Eufy is recording when a motion is detected why not do the same but use external sensors instead of the inbuilt motion sensor inside the camera?

@Goliath thats not possible :wink:
Eufy does this internal on the Homebase firmware. Its not something which their app does

Next to that. This is not a official integration. So no support or available tools from Eufy. This is all reverersed engineered and already has a lot of possibilities considering that Eufy doesn’t provide any of this for 3rd parties

1 Like