[APP][Pro] Eufy Security

Thanks for your prompt response! Appreciated!
Do you have any workaround to make this possible? Problem I have with eufy is that camera motion sensor triggers only when you are a couple of meter away from it. I want to trigger faster and my idea was by using other external motion sensors

@Goliath you’re welcome :slight_smile:

No unfortunately not. Its not possible to trigger a recording or snapshot at all.

Also starting a live stream is only possible with the cloud streams. As Homey is not powerful enough to do any local video conversion.

Im also working on fixing the image problem we have currently (latest event thumbnails)
Maybe if thats fixed that we can also do some snapshots but that’s a big IF…

1 Like

I have now requested a feature request to the eufy community to allow saving recording to homebase. I guess if this feature is implemented we can leverage on this by using homey to trigger recording that saves files in the homebase and with that open up my first request of using external motion sensors.

Let’s hope so :crossed_fingers:
But keep in mind it’s not that when Eufy implements that that it will work naturally for the Homey app.

This is and will stay a reversed engineered solution.

1 Like

Dear Martijn, since all the changes in the eufy (anker) application, with regards to security, is it not wise to stop try to reverse engineer this, and stop the more advanced elements of this homey application? this comment is not intended to diminish your effort, but…, i suspect that the effort of keeping this homey functionality working will be in the end a battle you cannot win. (and no i do not work for eufy, but i see the efforts from their end to “try to protect” their stuff, which is a battle you will not win in the end.)

Hi @Pixi
So for the record I’m not reverse engineering inside this app.
Im using a library which is based on the reverersed engineering.

I do understand your concern, however im wondering why you send this.
You say you’re not working for Eufy, but can i conclude you’re not a Homey user either? Just trying to understand the reasoning behind it…

Ofcourse this integration can stop working everyday but thats the risk right. Its either no integration or this…

4 Likes

Your app is really good and very useful for me at least! I hope more features can be added *finger crossed *

2 Likes

Hi,
I have a question that might be connected to the image issue in Eufy app.
I bought a Google Nest Hub to make sure that i can still use speech once the 2023 homey is there.
With the Nest hub it should be possible to stream the Eufy Doorbell feed to the hub or other connected Chromecast devices.
But i can’t get it to work and it drives me mad.
I can connect it, but once i ask to stream, it gives an error that the stream is not available.
Are more people have this problem, so i can stop searching?
Thanks in advance!

*edit: also streaming via the homey-eufy app i can’t get to work. Did everything what is in the FAQ

1 Like

@Twan that sounds more like a Google hub error than a Eufy error.

But you can check a couple of things.

• make sure your hub is in the same network as Eufy and Homey
  • no guest network
  • no vlans

I’m having the same problem on my Nest Hubs. Google assistant always say “can’t stream from this device right now”. The problem has been intermittent ever since the whole security debacle with the cloud.

I wrote to eufy about it yesterday, but haven’t heard back from them yet.

Starting a few days ago, I couldn’t stream from this Homey app either. So everything seems dead at this point, apart from the native eufy app. At least for me.

1 Like

That’s all how it should be.

But I am also wondering why streaming with your app doesn’t work.
Maybe when I find this problem, I also find the Nest Hub problem.

When I catch the url that is used for streaming, then it is like this: https://192-168-178-5.homey.homeylocal.com/app/com.eufylife.security/settings/stream?device_sn=xxxxxxxx

Isn’t that a bit odd? This url is not resolvable…

1 Like

@Twan @Asbjorn_Fischer will have a look tonight but should work like that. Its a Homey url which in the background resolves to a Eufy stream.

And can you stream a webpage to you Nest Hub from Homey? E.g. Google.com?

Just to check if that connection works

For the Eufy stream, they added some new authentication for web streams. It was broken a month ago and we patched it. But probably its patched again by Eufy.

If thats the case it might be that this functionality will be removed from the Eufy Homey app…

@martijnpoppen

Casting of google.com to the Nest Hub (and a chromecast settop box) works fine.
Thanks for taking the time

Casting a website works for me as well.
It must be frustrating for you when Eufy keeps breaking compatibility, so I’m in no way expecting a fix. Your work is greatly appreciated, and not taken for granted.

2 Likes

@Twan @Asbjorn_Fischer
So found the issue and it’s luckily really easy.

When you cast the app/com.eufylife.security/settings/stream?device_sn=xxxxxxxx You get a webplayer which starts the HLS stream.
That page uses videoJS, but that got updated. So i version locked it now. And it works again, will update the app Asap :slight_smile:

2 Likes

hi Martijn,
thanks a lot!

1 Like

New app update (TEST: 3.7.4):

Changelog:

FIX:
1: FIX: Stream videplayer (chromecast compatible) @Twan @Asbjorn_Fischer
2: FIX: Fallback image not showing on HP2023
3: FIX: Homebase ringtone @Maurits

If you find any issues, send a report via the mobile homey app

More - apps - Eufy Security - settings wheel right top - send diagnostic report (put your email in the input field to make it easier)

You can install the test version by clicking the link above and press install

Don’t want to be part of this test version? Install the live version → Eufy Security App for Homey | Homey

2 Likes

Thanks a lot. Damn that was fast. Much appreciated! :smiley:

1 Like

New app update (LIVE: 3.7.5):

Changelog:

FIX:
1: FIX: Stream videplayer (chromecast compatible)
2: FIX: Fallback image not showing on HP2023
3: FIX: Homebase ringtone

If you find any issues, send a report via the mobile homey app

More - apps - Eufy Security - settings wheel right top - send diagnostic report (put your email in the input field to make it easier)

1 Like

Hey i have some problems with my indoor pan cameras. I hope you can help me.The Stream side shows all the time that the api from eufy had changed.