Zigbee stopped working/broken

There is!

1 Like

Hi All,
I had the same issue.
This trick solved the problem for me…

1. Hold your Homey upside down for 1 minute to enter recovery mode.
  2. When Homey enters the recovery, please go to setup.athom.com with a laptop or desktop.
  3. Select your preferred language, Press the ALT (Option on Mac) button to make continue in browser visible and click “continue in browser”, shown in grey.
  4. While entering your WiFi information hold your ALT/Option button and keep holding it until you get the “Download full update” option.
  5. When this process is done, please press the button “keep your data”, and let Homey finish the setup process.

Hope this solves it for you too

This worked for me, but I wanted to add a quick update; in order for this to work with current versions of Google Chrome and Edge (as of Jan 2022), because of security changes, you have to:

1. Run:
    chrome.exe --disable-web-security --disable-gpu --user-data-dir=C:/tmp/chrome

2. Type chrome://flags and then search for and set the following:
    Block insecure private network requests = Disabled
    Consider Same Party cookies to be first-party = Enabled

3. Restart Chrome by closing the browser and then running the command in (1) again - i.e.:
    chrome.exe --disable-web-security --disable-gpu --user-data-dir=C:/tmp/chrome

4. Follow the steps outlined by @B4ZZY.

5. Close Chrome and (if you wish) delete the Chrome profile that was created at C:\tmp\chrome. Because you used a temporary profile, none of this should make it into your standard Chrome (which will remain secured by what are ultimately good policies).

If you don’t do the above extra steps, you will see errors in the Chrome console when running through the athom setup process. I believe this is because:

1. The setup process makes a call to Homey on a local IP address, which is now denied because this is considered a “more private” address as per: Private Network Access update: Introducing a deprecation trial - Chrome Developers

2. The setup process uses cookies which are accessed via both an https and an http version of the site and this is now denied by default as per: Schemeful Same-Site

2 Likes

Or use Firefox.

1 Like

For now.

Additionally, browsers including Chrome and Firefox are working toward upgrading or blocking passive mixed content.

Usually, with things like this, it doesn’t take long before all browsers follow suit. Athom will be able to fix the issue by changing their setup process, but as I’m not sure setup in a browser is considered “official” given the need to hold alt to access it, they may choose not to do so.

Just trying to save research time for anyone who hits the same issue I did.

True that.