Zigbee issues - zigbee network broken? Please help :-)

Since this morning my Zigbee network is not working properly anymore. Has been stable as a rock for at least a year but now everything is messed up.

Most of my lights are non responsive. Some are responsive. I get both the time out message as a message station cannot reach device.

What I tried so far:
Restart homey
Restart homey using ptp
Restore a backup
Restarted al my zigbee lights (full power down of my house for 10 minutes)

When I look at the developer tools to my zigbee network I see a lot of devices being unreachable with a gray question mark. This includes some of my routers

My mesh is very stable usually with about 20 philips hue routers and about 20 battery devices.

Any suggestions what to do???

After a restart and some more restart and another power supply. My zigbee overview on the developer page looks good again, almost like it was. But I still cannot interview all devices, some of them I can, and also still a lot of unresponsive devices

I did a zigbee reset, but now when homey reboots the empty zigbee network is not initializing… I wonder if I have a hardware issue…?

1 Like

From what I’ve read, a full system reset is required:

1 Like

Thanks, gonna give it a try!

1 Like

And, very important, be patient, after restart it takes a lot of time before all Zigbee functions are working again, this can take 1 or 2 hours when you have a lot of devices.

1 Like

I keep getting errors that zigbee cannot initialize. I tried everything I could for a whole evening and morning. Restore backup, factory reset. Even an empty homey would not initialize/start my zigbee.

Today I bought a Homey pro (I had/have an early 2016), and in like an hour or so the backup was restored and working again. Even with the existing Zigbee mesh, working again as before. And much more responsive in the app.

I’m kinda bugged/pissed about the investment in the homey pro on the one side, on the other hand I’m not in the dark tonight and upgraded to homey pro know after doubting it for long time (but I did not thought it was worth the money ). And still don’t think but had not much options left I think.

I made a support ticket with athom, so I’m gonna wait if they can het some life back into my original homey and then I will decide what to do from there…

Buh bah. Have the same issue

So now I have to tweak fiddle and spend lotsa time kicking this thing into gear again. :angry:

PTP, and replace the power supply if you’re still using the original Athom one.

Tnx. Did the PTP thing, plus reset from menu.

Then has to leave, babysitting the grandkids :grimacing:

I’ll give the other supply a try and will measure the current one.

When no avail, Then i guess it’s resetting the mesh and try falling back to days before.

I did add 3 more things and deleted one who probably was a router (ceiling lamp that was defective due to leakage of my bathtub… )

To be continued.

Did the full reset thing and download complete software etc. That takes a couple decennia, but hey, it is up and running again without me having to re-learn devices and write all flows again.

I currently have 25 zigbee devices, but some 15 to 20 more planned, don’t think Im risking that any day soon.

The fact only that this whole procedure is described in the support page where you can make a ticket, means this happens a lot.

I think these kind of bugs are really really seriously bad, because obviously things in the core of this Homey ball are unstable.

The power supply is doing OK, can’t imagine that 0,12Volt under would cause radio or logic issues.

I will dig into extending homey with an ecternal helper for the zigbee part, such as a hue gateway or deConz.

1 Like

Same issue. Since Homey update, zigbee is sometimes not available.

what a drama this zigbee, homey and updates. did it all but still have issues. Probably 1 device is noisy but which one.

1 Like

Did any 1 of you think of disabling the firmware auto updates? Also for apps?
That saves a lot of frustration I think.
It is so peaceful to install an update when you have the time, and checked Homey channels for any complaints and solutions up front :wink:

New homey firmware versions are announced at the timeline.
App updates can be checked with this flow:

You can import it right away using the Device Capabilities app’s app settings:

1 Like

yes , I disabled that and sometimes you do it.

Now I got: Zigbee has been restored , Zigbee devices might require to be turned off and on again.
very nice when it is a build in light switch

1 Like

That’s only for the ones which don’t respond?

It’s a not very sophisticated, but for wall switches you can temporary switch corresponding mains power groups off and on.
Make sure sensitive devices are powered off on beforehand.

yep and will remove tuya zigbee app, got 2 updates 5 days ago , when it started.

I use that app as well, for many months. I never had a zigbee issue (yet).

dang thing floored again. no messages, but it does not work either. so homey acts as if nothing is wrong, but nothing gets switched either.

reset homey, no avail.
plugged out homey, waited half an hour, plugged back in, works again. so; shitty hardware.

I would start by trying another usb adapter. Even if you tried already. Homey is very picky about those and they will die as well over time…

1 Like