Zigbee issues - zigbee network broken? Please help :-)

I moved some to hue again and reset the zigbee network on a better channel. re-added all devices again. it works now.

1 Like

And are you aware of the wifi vs zigbee interference? Is your Wifi channel fixed? What channel do the neighbour’s wifi signals inside your home use?

Did not try another adapter, monitored the power (voltage, current) for a while : very stable at 4,85 volt, current varying from 0,23 to 1,1A.

My WiFi router uses dynamic channels and can use more then 1 at the time with MiMo. Not a good idea to change that.

Have not dug into changing the zigbee channel yet, you’d need to assess a spectrum analysis over time to make an informed decision on that.

But… Even if zigbee and wifi interfere, that would not cause a complete stop of all communication, but more erratic and intermittent functioning.

Good luck, you don’t need any advice

1 Like

If you consider the official USB voltage range of 4.75V to 5.5V, 4.85V is already at the lower end of that spectrum. Unless you did a thorough power analysis you won’t catch short drops below that range and those might be just enough to cause issues.

1 Like

True that. So I will change the adapter. Do you happen to know if homey can handle QI3 adapters? Seems the only type i have around here. Some equipment does not work on them, though theoretically backwarsd compatible (e.g. my older JBL bluetooth box only wants old adapters).

you being cynical here :thinking:?

I think you mean QC3? If some equipment doesn’t like it, I would probably not recommend using it.

ehhh yes - sorry. QI3 is the wireless charging, QC3 the wired “quick charge”

hmmm well, I dont want to bin my good ole JBL charge. For its size it has fantastic sound , very nice for gardening or in the garage (where I still need to finisch installation of wired ethernet, an access point, etc)

After my homey not acting up anymore for 2 months with regard to the zigbee after the power supply changeover, thought id formally file this at Athom - for the record. Because IMHO this is a design error: faulty supply/ too sensitive circuitry

Their reply kinda surprised me unpleasantly.

They either never read the forum or are still in phase 1 of grief processing: denial.