Philips hue - broken on 5.5.8 update

Also my connection with the hue bridge is broken on 5.5.8. This was also with the 5.5.7. But all the sudden it worked again with the 5.5.7. With 5.5.8 it is broken again. Is this a app problem? Or is philips hue blocking every request coming from homey on purpose?

3 Likes

Please wait before deinstall or removeā€¦ You get yourself in a lot of trouble adding all devices againā€¦ and fixing your flowsā€¦

5 Likes

That is what iā€™m thinking as wellā€¦ Before the latest update my issues with Hue beganā€¦

1 Like

After update lost connection to Hue bridge. :roll_eyes:
No light switching on/off

Since the Hue App version 5.5.8 it also stopped working here (automatically updated to this version at 17:58). Iā€™m on Hue firmware 1.50.1950207110, and as far as I know, itā€™s been on that for a while now.
To me it seems to be the Homey Hue App release.

1 Like

Problems began 1,5 hours before the Homey Hue app update was releasedā€¦
So I think there is something else going onā€¦

Same issue over here :joy:

May be in your case , but In my case it was exactly after when the update happened. Flows with hue were working fine before that, as in my basement light went on opening of the door and few minutes later it didnā€™t anymore , so i was questioning my zigbee door sensor , but in the app it showed the proper status , and then I remembered the notification of the hue update and checked those devices and they were all with an exclamation mark and could only be controlled with the hue app or devices directly connected to the hue bridge and not from homey anymore.

2 Likes

Same issue here :rage:

Well yeah, that matches my experience. I came home, was able to turn on my lights in the living room, but half an hour later it didnā€™t in the bedroom. I did a power cycle on both the Homey and the Hue bridge, but the exclamation marks didnā€™t disappear either. When I checked update times, the Homey Hue intergration app was the one updated in between. Of course, it could be coincidence, but what I know for sure, is that my Hue bridge didnā€™t update at all. Iā€™m not sure how this communication works between the two systems, but it may be that Signify turned that functionality off?

Athom posted this on Slack: Homey Status - Philips Hue

5 Likes

Same here. Doesnā€™t Homey have a regular beta test procedure before they release updates?

Homey fix this asap!

2 Likes

Interesting , i was in the assumption once the homey app is linked with a bridge it only depends on the local connection and communicated credentials when you pushed the button. But i never looked into that. So if that is the case would also users who didnā€™t update automatically be experiencing the same troubles?

For some unclear reason the Hue app for Homey uses a cloud API for discovery (even though thereā€™s local discovery too). I assume that the app performs the discovery every time it starts.

And I deleted my previous post because the rate limits should only apply to Homey Cloud/Bridge users, and Athom state that this issue is limited to Homey Pro.

1 Like

I have the same problem! :sob::scream:

1 Like

Failure on all Philips HUE lights (about 17 in my house) to no avail with Reboot HOMEY PRO, restart app, and the bridge re-connection. Complete failure approx 30 minutes ago, 19:45 CET. :sos: :sos: :sos:

Some problem here. I donā€™t understand why they put the problem with philips. Athom performs an update, after which the link no longer works. Roll back the update and perform some comprehensive testing. Donā€™t put it on Philips and wait for a solution.

1 Like

No. Turn off auto update and donā€™t get surprises any longer Iā€™d like to suggest.
Reverting from /test to live versions is possible however.

Blaming Philips, not surprising, coincidentally Athom release an update and itā€™s broken

1 Like

Glad to have some philips remotes.
(update broke my Hue too)