Philips hue - broken on 5.5.8 update

Same here, since update to 5.5.8, I can’t control any Hue stuff with Homey anymore!! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

This is one of the basic services that Homey provides (integration with Philips Hue). I sincerely hope they can do more then “hope Signify will respond quickly” as per the slack post. This is sooo annoying. First time it happened i lost time recreating flows after trying to solve the issue. A second time around…hmmm

2 Likes

Strange that philips is blamed… my home assistant test install connects to the same hue bridge, and guess what… all works fine there. So, very lame to blame philips and waitinv for them for a solution…

1 Like

Probably it’s because the new app update forced a new discovery of the hub?
And then the Hue issue Athom points to comes in effect?

I agree to the point why Athom does not publish a /test version first.

I call bullshit, because the last hue bridge update was April 4th. My lights worked fine since April 4th. They broke down after the hue app for homey update from 3 hours ago.

2 Likes

I have several hubs, two of which use the Athom Hue integration. At any given time a couple of my hubs are inevitably ‘unavailable’. I’ve never been able to remedy this.

Just at the moment 3 hubs are offline and that includes the ones with the Athom Hue integrations. I was going to check auto update was disabled but I can’t. Ho hum… Trying reboots but worried that might precipitate the update.

WiFi is fundamentally a flawed choice for dependable home automation.

2 Likes

Same problem here. Update to 5.5.8 and Hue is out of business.
Hue app is working without any problems. Please fix it fast Athom!
This is bad for your reputation!!

1 Like

Kom je thuis. Doen de lampen het niet. Leg dat is uit aan je vrouw. ;). Slechte zaak om niet te controleren homey.

Same here after update all hue devices broken, error message: searching for hue hub. Rebooted both, unplugged both, no succes. Any known solution? Is there a way to put a backup back with the older hue app version?

Ok, srsly, my entire house (lights) are not available. Wth is going on? This is not good :disappointed:

No. That will not help. Hue (Signify) has disabled the discoverymethod that is used by Athom. They announced they would do this in November last year. Athom missed it.

This is a change on the Hue side, not the Athom side.

" As per today, we deprecate UPnP as a local bridge discovery method, scheduled to be disabled in Q2 2022 ."

6 Likes

This!! Someone tell Athom this.

Hey guys,
Take it easy. It’s not the first or the last time a bug has hit software. If you haven’t already, now is the time to focus all that energy into figuring out how have a backup plan for when (not if) shit hit the fan again.

Me, I’m reverting to manually controlling everything from the Hue app on my phone. Wife and kids are in. No big deal.

Have a good evening all!

2 Likes

My backup is Homekit, which always works.

2 Likes

They know. They are trying to blame Hue on this. They can notify Signify (Hue) all they want. Athom should have updated their code. They missed it.

I doubt Signify will just rollback.

Same here… All hue not working!
And just un install it… and cant re connect it cuz i cant find my hue bridge…

What to do? Just wait? So annoying… I need to wait until thay fix it and just than fix all my flows?? :confused:

Exactly my way of working, always have a nice kan B for lights if automation is not working.

Very strange that this is since update 5.5.8 before it worked fine. It’s best that Philips adjusts something but strange that this coincides

1 Like

If you wait, without removing hue devices or the app, you don’t have to fix your flows.

Yes, can’t use any lightswitch in the house. So the app it is I guess.

300 Euro smarthub, useless in this particular case. And it could have been avoided.