[Info] The new Homey — Beta Status (Community Updated)

Athom publishes:

The new Homey — Beta Status

Although the official statement still is: Please report it here.
A lot of Community Members report issues here on the community (also) en therefor I want to summarize “Confirmed” issue’s.

Please Search the Community for your Issue, and if Found repond there or if NOT found:
Create [ + New Topic ]

Once an Issue is confirmed / reproduced it will be Linked here until it is confirmed Fixed (And moved to second Post )

Confirmed / Reproduced Issues by Community

:warning: Homey Bridge Not Connected - Problem (Probably same as Homey Bridge might sometimes disconnect & reconnect for a few seconds)

:warning: Home insights -> Cannot read properties of undefined

Please reply with Links to Community Reports of confirmed Issues.

Known Issues (Official Page)

:warning: ̶H̶o̶m̶e̶y̶ ̶I̶n̶s̶i̶g̶h̶t̶s̶ ̶h̶a̶s̶ ̶b̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶t̶e̶m̶p̶o̶r̶a̶r̶i̶l̶y̶ ̶d̶i̶s̶a̶b̶l̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶p̶r̶e̶v̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶r̶e̶d̶u̶c̶e̶d̶ ̶p̶e̶r̶f̶o̶r̶m̶a̶n̶c̶e̶,̶ ̶w̶h̶i̶l̶e̶ ̶w̶e̶’̶r̶e̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶a̶ ̶b̶e̶t̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶s̶o̶l̶u̶t̶i̶o̶n̶.̶
:warning: ̶H̶o̶m̶e̶y̶ ̶B̶r̶i̶d̶g̶e̶ ̶m̶i̶g̶h̶t̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶t̶i̶m̶e̶s̶ ̶d̶i̶s̶c̶o̶n̶n̶e̶c̶t̶ ̶&̶ ̶r̶e̶c̶o̶n̶n̶e̶c̶t̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶a̶ ̶f̶e̶w̶ ̶s̶e̶c̶o̶n̶d̶s̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶B̶l̶u̶e̶t̶o̶o̶t̶h̶ ̶L̶E̶ ̶d̶e̶v̶i̶c̶e̶s̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶n̶e̶c̶t̶e̶d̶.̶
:warning: Philips Hue devices might be out-of-sync. We are working with Signify on a solution.
:warning: While operating with 433 Mhz devices, you might encounter a “Coprocessor Not Connected” error.
:warning: After adding 5 to 6 Zigbee end devices, it might not be possible to add new Zigbee devices to Homey.
:warning: Fibaro devices regularly produce a “Driver Unavailable” error. (Fibaro not working correctly from 30.12)
:warning: Homey Bridge sometimes disconnects and reconnects after a few seconds.
:warning: Homey Bridge sometimes disconnects and displays a red LED ring without a timeline notification.

Found an issue? Please report it here.

3 Likes

Solved Issues.

It’s funny the beta is now released - with so many unmentioned bugs.

I’m tired of opening tickets at support - mostly I get the response: ‘yes we know about’ and nothing else. In my mind I read that as we don’t care! Why is there no official bug tracker? Because most of the time it is a ‘known’ bug, so why hide it from the user’s/paying customers! Status updates or solutions also don’t communicate or exist.

My current and mostly reproducible FEATURES:

• zigbee crashes, need a bridge reboot
  • controlling too many devices at once (with zone based on or all devices off cards) breaks everything, homey freezes a long time while progressing these updates, a bridge reboot helps
  • Tags/Variables can’t be added to Timeline Messages, Homey App completely freezes every single time. In a browser the webapp crashes also in over 80% of the time.
  • Morse code vibration notification seem to be broken too

Do I really need a second smart home to powercycle the bridge periodically? That’s how I make it work for me (mostly).

1 Like