Homeydash.com, a Homey dashboard

Homeydash.com

A project started from a hacky friday with @weejewel did go viral and look where we are today!
Athom created the original Homey.ink and made it open source so others could modify it to their needs, and that’s what “we” did. @DaneedeKruyff made a wicked version so far and i provided a domain name and hosting for the online version. This online version also contains multiple languages like Danish, Swedish and many more. Even Spanish is available online! Also more devices/capabilities are added regularly. Also different themes are available like iPad and iPhone theme.

How to get the token:
Here is how to logon to homeydash.com

1. Navigate to https://homey.ink
  2. Scroll down and click on Log in
  3. After login you should see this
  4. Now open the console.
    In Chrome you can open the console by right clicking on the page and selecting inspect. Or by pressing F12. Then select the tab where it says console…
    Then you should see something like this:
  5. Click on the link, this will take you to the original homey.ink page will look like this (information will obviously be different, but you should see a temperature, weather description and devices)
  6. Now replace app.homey.ink/?theme=kobo-h20

with homeydash.com/?theme=web

and navigate to the new address in the addressbar.
  7. Done, the result will look like this, but the with the information from your own Homey

When the result of any of these steps look different, please try the step again.

This topic is all about the online version of Homeydash.com. So questions about other downloaded versions will be moved to other topics.
Other topics are Homey.ink on a tablet/desktop and Homey.ink, an e-ink dashboard

If you wanna help keep this project alive then feel free to donate.
Danee: https://www.paypal.me/daneedekruyff
Roco: https://www.paypal.me/rocodamelshe
Please note: There is no need in donating, it’s free to use whenever you want to.

43 Likes

Available themes:
• web
• iPad
• iPhone

When you want a specific theme please modify the url and add or change for example:

&theme=web

When a theme is omitted the web theme will be used.

Available languages:
• English - en
• Dutch - nl
• German - de
• French - fr
• Norwegian - nb
• Swedish - sv
• Danish - da
• Spanish - es

When you want to use a specific language please modify the url and add or change for example:

&lang=de

When a language is omitted English will be used.

5 Likes

FAQ

Q: Why is homeydash.com not available in my language?
A: The translations are made by community members, if your language is not available yet consider helping yourself and your fellow countrymen by translating this file and sending it to me.

Q: The values from my sensors are displayed wrong, can you fix that?
A: Yes. Some values retrieved from Homey can be displayed without modification, some can’t and need to be formatted to be useful. Please post a screenshot of a tile with values that you feel need to be formatted and provide as much information as possible brand/type/value type etc. (I don’t have all 50.000 devices that Homey supports so you’ll have to help me here)

Q: I can not control the temperature or my blinds, why is that?
A: At this time only devices with an on/off capability are controllable

Q: The built-in temperature isn’t really accurate, can I use the temperature from my own weather station?
A: Yes you can if your weather station displays the temperature on a device in Homey. To do so just select the device in the dashboards settings for Outdoor temperature

Q: Can I also show the indoor temperature in the information bar?
A: Yes you can, just select the device in the dashboards settings for Indoor temperature

Q: I want to dim the dashboard from a device or a flow, can I?
A: Yes you can! Read this post to find out how.

3 Likes

Roadmap

• Support more devices types (ongoing)
  • Add display of Heimdall Surveillance Mode
  • Add display of lock status
  • Add control of dim capability
  • Add control of set temperature capability
  • Format values in a human readable format
  • Support realtime updates for shown capabilities
  • Add support for devices that can show values and support an action when clicked on
  • Show icons for the capability for which the value is shown

There is no timeline for items on the roadmap, as a general rule: Before Athom releases Homey v3.1 Due to Athoms remarkable version numbering this is no longer a valid rule, before hell freezes over, before we have another Elfstedentocht in the Netherlands and before Roco runs out of beer.

Changelog

Version 1.1.2

• Added WeatherFlow’s Smart Weather Station capabilities
  • Added Italian translations
  • Added option to change volume on audio devices
  • Added option to change target temperature on thermostat devices
  • Added option to dim on supported devices
  • Added option to change order of devices/flows/alarms

Version 1.1.1

• Alarms added, Pull Request by Salingduck
  • Added schedule to alarm tile
  • Added ability to alarm tiles to disable/enable alarms

Version 1.1.0

• Added adjustable brightness

Version 1.0.8

• Added selectable outdoor temperature
  • Added indoor temperature
  • Changed settings layout

Version 1.0.7

• Added ability to zoom
  • Added opacity setting for background image
  • Added option to show time

Version 1.0.6

• Added ability to select your own logo
  • Added ability to select your own background image
  • Daily production and production from solar panels update in realtime
  • Changed color presence indication on UniFi devices
  • Added Romanian language

Version 1.0.5

• Added language selection in settings
  • Added theme selection in settings

Version 1.0.4

• iOS 9 support

Version 1.0.3

• web theme is loaded when theme= is omitted
  • Added presence indication for UniFi devices

Version 1.0.2

• Added Czech language file (cs)
  • Sort items in battery info panel empty to full
  • Redesigned top bar
  • Formatted dim values
  • Dim capability updates in realtime

Version 1.0.1

• Added support for devices with numeric values and quick action
  • Added Spanish language file (se)
  • The following values now update in realtime:
    . Humidity
    . Pressure
    . Luminance
    . Current Power usage
    . Power used
    . Gas used
  • Changed clicking to touch and hold to cycle through tile values
  • Added Danish laguage file (da)
  • When a capability value causes an alarm the value will be shown on the tile
  • When a capability value causes an alarm the icon will be shown on the tile
  • Capability icons will be shown for the selected value

Version 1.0.0

7 Likes

Are you able to add the version of ‘homey.ink’ that homeydash.com is running to the site?

1 Like

The dashboard is updated to version 1.0.1.

These are the changes

• Added support for devices with numeric values and quick action
  • Added Spanish language file (se)
  • The following values now update in realtime:
    . Humidity
    . Pressure
    . Luminance
    . Current Power usage
    . Power used
    . Gas used
  • Changed clicking to touch and hold to cycle through tile values
  • Added Danish laguage file (da)
  • When a capability value causes an alarm the value will be shown on the tile
  • When a capability value causes an alarm the icon will be shown on the tile
  • Capability icons will be shown for the selected value

(Pages may be cached, please be patient when the changes aren’t available for you yet)

2 Likes

super this new version, switching of values is superb, only if you want it, you can check it. Works great.
Only one thing, with my bulb, when i switch to the color temperature it is too big in size to fit in box, too many numbers are displayed.

great work, thanx

Thanks. I haven’t tried or looked at lights yet, can you post a screenshot of the bulb tile here?

Thank you for adding spanish translate to homeydash.

But i need to make some corrections of my “bad” translation:

• In date:
    bad: Hoy es jueves, el 23º de mayo 2019.
    good: Hoy es jueves, 23 de mayo del 2019.

• In temp info:

bad: La temperatura actual es 14 grados, la humedad es 87% y la presión es 1020 mbar
good: La temperatura actual es de 14 grados, la humedad es del 87% y la presión es de 1020 mbar

Can you correct this?

Thanks for you hard work & support.

1 Like

Is it intended behavior that the icons show the ‘next’ option already (see tru)! After they are clicked once. Picture from ipad 2017

@DaneedeKruyff
I was asked by a friend if it is possible to make a info panel, same as battery, but with temp and moisture from all sensors… ?
Good idea ? :thinking:

2 Likes

@DaneedeKruyff is it possible to sort the entries of the battery info panel from status empty to full? So everyone could see the empty batteries on top… :wink:

I’m guessing its only possible within Homey, right?

1 Like

@Eduardo_Rodriguez
I’ve made the changes, unfortunately I have no control over the º character thats displayed after the day number.

@anon2681894
Not sure what you mean by the ‘next’ option, but in this new version the icons (when available) for the particular value on a tile are displayed over the device icon so you know what the value you are looking at represents. The selection you made is saved and will be used the next time you open Homeydash. To select the next value in line you just have to touch-and-hold the device tile until that value and its icon appear.

@Gisle_Johnsen
Yes that is possible, but I’m not sure I will add this to the dashboard. I do understand the need for this information but in my opinion this is something that should be available in the Homey app (first). Please make a feature request for this at Athom so they can add it to the app.

@Tino
I’ll see if that can be done easily. (The hardest part would be the testing as all my devices still show 100%)

1 Like

At my dashboard the only sensor with 95% is already on the top. Is this a coincedence? I tried changing the order of the sensors in the favorites, but the 95% is still the top one:

The sort order does not seem to be related to the order of the devices in the favorites in the homey app? But is also not alphabetical?

PS screenshot shown is from my phone, as I’m not home, but you can see just enough info I guess

I see the changes, thanks!

1 Like

Very good! I get an error on the ipad theme with lang=nl though, in Chrome on my Imac:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘favoriteflows’ of undefined
at homey.ink.app.js:55

(In Safari and probably on the Ipad it will work)

Thanx @DaneedeKruyff :joy: Give me a call if you need a empty battery :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I think Jaxs mean the transparent icon in the back auf the value…

1 Like

But that’s just the original icon getting transparent when another icon is shown on top of it?

2 Likes

Hey guys this is very nice what you are doing. I want to provide Czech translation soon too. However i noticed the values for the light dimm percentage and also somfy blinds are in decimal values. Please correct by multiplying the values *100 so that it shows correct percentage number. Many thanks

Same thing here.
Also when long push to get value the device turns on/off.
And the dim value dosent seem to be correct, or updatewhen dimming
EDIT: Sorry, it does change, but it take some time