[APP][Pro] We Connect / myAudi / MyŠKODA / My SEAT / My Cupra

Sorry to hear that, I thought ID.x is evolution not way back :frowning: Anyway, there is also new API protocol, VWv2, in the IoBroker, does it make any difference for you ? It’s intended for cars manufactured 2020 and later…

Unfortunately values above don’t get uodated for me, not sure why, have to investigate it. In NodeRed dashboard it’s okay.

I have an eGolf. How did you get all that?

It’s combination of IoBroker Docker Hub! with relevant adapter VW Connect (Test Adapter VW Connect für VW, ID, Audi, Seat, Skoda) and publish it via MQTT-client (which needs to be connected to MQTT Broker running on Homey) - IoBroker is running for me as container on my Synology NAS (on Docker container - but you can use for example Raspberry), I’m using there some primitive Node-Red visualization, as I already shared some time ago above (and primitive as it’s first and last attempt :wink: ) - and the way to get it into Homey is to select given object and enable them for MQTT Publish. In Homey you need with MQTT Broker also MQTT Hub and MQTT Client, add new device (select icon, select anything you wont and then just edit device and copy paste code WITH YOUR CAR VIN as already shared in the snapshot.

Node Red Webpage (at least I don’t have to wait for ages to load We Connect)

Objects view in IoBroker (just those enabled for MQTT - you can actually select any you want)

One of used MQTT topic example - focus on PUBLISH section - it’s pre-filled automatically

It might be difficult for first time setup but you might discover thanks to IoBroker some additional devices, like I have - HaasSohn tiled stove - and then import it into Homey same way as currently unsupported We Connect. Then just adjust flows or just create flows performing actions when specific topic get updated but the logic is the same.

Actually thanks to all of you who start sharing their experience here about IoBroker, I didn’t even know it did exist :wink:

Last but not least - I’m not expert on any of these, so anyone please share your experience, suggestions etc.

https://community.homey.app/t/volkswagen-we-connect/34493/113?u=sharkys

1 Like

Thanks for your detailed reply! I’m not sure if I’ll get this working like this. But great that there are possibilities! No ambitions to write an app?:wink:

1 Like

We might have a future candidate with @martijnpoppen, he has already created a bunch of really nice apps for Homey. He seems to be waiting for a delivery of an ID-car, so dependet of his needs, he might do it. But no promises…
If I had the knowledge, I would have been all over this project, but sorry, no skills here…

1 Like

@Exile82 yes still waiting for the Golf 8 :stuck_out_tongue:
But due to issues with chips I might take a bit longer.

Once I get the car I’ll defenitely check what I can do :smiley:

1 Like

Sounds lika a brilliant plan, but feel not pressure for this. Don’t get me wrong, I would love a dedicated app for this, but I don’t want you to feel obliged.
But in case you see the benefit of such app, please feel reach out to us in this thread. There is a well-documented solution for iobroker and HA, we might get some ideas from that solution

2 Likes

I found some more official information from VW that I want to share with you, in case you’ve not seen it.
VW will extend and enhance application functionallity soon, early 2022 to be more precise. VW claims this is based on strong community demand, which sounds even better to me. Among other, still not mentioned things, we will see the car’s position in the app. This will without a doubt open the possibility for a more feature rich API that can be utilized for Homey and other controllers/brokers. To be able to set conditions based on where the car is located, if it is in movement etc is just great. Hopefully it will also be possible to lock/unlock and other basic things.

@martijnpoppen, just an head’s up for you. If you still are planning for an app, maybe it might be wise to consider this information. It would be frustrating to start on an app before these changes are implemented (if the risk is that it has been done in vain, wich it does not need to be).

2 Likes

@Exile82 I am! But my new car is again delayed. :frowning:
So early 2022 i’ll get it.
Timelines seems to match :stuck_out_tongue:

It seems it was written in the stars… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You shall get eGolf for tests in the meantime :wink:

Haha I rather stick with my Golf Diesel :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Don’t know about the Diesel prices in the Netherlands (?), but in Sweden you need to put the trip to the grocery store in your monthly budget nowadays. So. Damn. Expensive.

1 Like

Around €1,70 per liter around here for diesel, €2,00 for petrol :frowning:

Oh my…not too different from Sweden though. You really need your EV/hybrid asap.

1 Like

Haha no EV… it’s a Golf 8 petrol :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh, well, they are really really nice too.

However, I guess it will differ a bit from VAGs EV/hybrid API, I think they connect to different services (as it looks like today, might change). But it should be easy to combine them in an Honey app, you need to select what type of drivetrain (internal combustion engine or electrified) and that would be it. I think we are many here that gladly will help you with testing of the EV/hybrid path.

I will keep my fingers crossed!

2 Likes

@martijnpoppen I have a Skoda Enyaq, can I help with providing you with credentials or a vin number?

@reyntjensw Not sure yet. Didn’t start on it. I’m waiting for my car to arrive. But got postponed again :frowning:
Once I start on the app I’ll let people know in this topic. Will tag you too

3 Likes

FYI: For the EV users here :smiley:

Made a app which gives you information about public charging points. Like charging availability and possible KW.

Forum: [APP][Pro] TomTom EV Service

2 Likes