[APP][Pro] We Connect / myAudi / MyŠKODA / My SEAT / My Cupra

Aha, interesting! But I need some help with use cases here, I think. For “smarter” EVs that reports it’s position to Homey, I guess you can trigger a flow when you are close to a charging station if it is available?

And by the way @martijnpoppen, by the looks of your list of apps developed by you, one can think that you are planning to take over Athoms social community?! :wink:
Really really impressive work!

2 Likes

Yeah that would be possible. But the for the TomTom you have to add the different stations first :stuck_out_tongue:
So use case would be:
You don’t own a charger at home but there’s one in the neighborhood and you can set a notification when it’s available

Haha not planning :stuck_out_tongue:
Thanks!!

Ah, that is of course extremely convenient for a lot of people! Great work!

2 Likes

Oh, not planning? Already in execution phase then?! :smiley:
Nah, just kidding. Really like your ambitions, I follow Athom on twitter where they announce every app update. And man, you are keeping busy.

Really looking forward for a VW app, it seems it will be in extremely good hands.

1 Like

Haha!

Oh yeah that twitter account is a spam bot when I’m making updates :see_no_evil:

Yeah i hope I can start on it soon. However VW decided to delay my car again :slightly_frowning_face:

Oh not again!!! :roll_eyes:

well i will have my golf7 GTE standing by ready for testing :wink:

Well my Golf 8 is almost there :smiley:

Will look into it when in have it

3 Likes

@martijnpoppen, I believe the app you gonna need is a different animal than the ID Connect that the ID cars are currently using. Just installed it on Home Assistant and it is an entirely different integration.

Just to manage the expectations around here. :wink:

@Exile82
Yes was expecting that.
But I think that we can manage without me having a ID car :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Sounds terrific, I think we are many that gladly support you with testing.
There is a guy in the Home Assistant Community that have done a great job to implement the functionality for Home Assistant.

Maybe it can be helpful to watch his code (yes, I do know it is not the same thing but it is never wrong with some inspiration)?

1 Like

I got my car! :tada:

So I started working on the app.
I’m planning to use the same list as the Iobroker instance does. So you have to choose the type of car you want to pair. Ofcourse this will be different per model.

I think there are some edge cases like Volkswagen GTE’s because it’s a hybrid.

I’m looking for some test users:

• Audi
  • Seat
  • Skoda
  • Skoda - Electric
  • VW (< 2020)
  • VW ID

Also would be nice if these test users do have the IoBroker running so we can check what the possible options are. This Homey integration will be dependent on the IoBroker integration.

2 Likes

I have a VW Tiguan 2020 and is running IoBroker now… So i could help out as a tester!

1 Like

Good stuff!
I have the ID.3 and use both iobroker and an integration for home assistant. The integration for home assistant seems a lot more competent when it comes to features but I do not know what platform is easiest for you to have as a blueprint. Let me know if I can help you.

I will of course offer my services as a test pilot!

Nice!
Yes the IoBroker is a good basis as I can re-use the whole adapter as an API. So that will mean if the ioBroker adapter updates the Homey app updates too.

This saves me loads of time and I don’t have to manage all the different VAG API’s :stuck_out_tongue:

@Exile82 can you tell me the big difference between the 2?

Once I have some test version I’ll send it to you both. Probably tonight :wink:

1 Like

Also some app name suggestion would be nice.
As it will be a collection of VAG connected vehicles.

For now it will be WeConnect

But suggestions are welcome :smiley:

I have a T-ROC from December 2021 with IOBROKER running.
Maybe I can be helpful too.

1 Like

Hi Martijn,

I have IObroker installed and can test with the Audi (etron 55), but my car is at the airport the coming 2 weeks. I can test as soon I am back home.

Regards,

Harry

1 Like