[APP][Pro] Tuya Zigbee App

Hi @johan_bendz

Thanks for your efforts - I appreciate it. I have been attempting to modify existing templates to create my own drivers for the two issues I raised but can only get them working one way (homey (client) > switch (server)). If you have some time I’d appreciate some guidance on how to get homey to listen / respond to events which I can see come through with debugging on.

Best place would be probably to ask in the Developers - Homey Community Forum forum, if you would have a look on GitHUB, it’s clear there is probably no capacity free even on guiding someone but there might be others developers helping you if you properly describe the issue and ask on relevant place.

Thanks @Sharkys, I’ll give that a go. Reason to reach out directly to @johan_bendz because I thought (naturally) that he would be the best person to provide guidance! :grin:

EDIT: related post to above is here

It’s not too hard. You need to look at this:

You would need to install CLI tools (tutorial above) and then download / clone the latest version from GitHub of this app then navigate to the app and run homey app install from command line. There are some videos on YouTube you can watch as well.

Alternatively you can patiently wait for next app to be published! :slight_smile:

Hi @johan_bendz , just sent some money your way via paypal and thanks for the effort

1 Like

Sorry for my bad English, but if I may ask, how did you add the TZ3000_xr3htd96 to the Tuya Zigbee App? If I try to add, for example, the only temperature sensor in the list, I get the message: "unknown Zigbee device and it provides 0 information.

Thank you in advance for reading my question

Managed to push some test drivers (which work for me) as a PR Zigbee Tuya 1 Gang Wall Switch (TS0601/_TZE200_gbagoilo) by shahzadsk · Pull Request #708 · JohanBendz/com.tuya.zigbee · GitHub

This was solved with the help of @robertklep - double posting here, in case anyone has the same device

Hi, will the this Zigbee Infrared Remote work?
https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/1005005230661089.html

1 Like

Doesn’t look like it.

FWIW, I have one and it is supported by zigbee2mqtt.

1 Like

Hi @nielsoet, given what I see other platforms (like this one [Device Support Request] RTX Zigbee Tuya ZIR aka. TS1201 · Issue #1687 · zigpy/zha-device-handlers · GitHub) have do to make it work I think this needs a lot of love to work good in the Homey platform… not on top of my list. If anyone else wants to give this or any other device a go I’m more than happy to help with my knowledge of the app/Tuya stuff (as always :slight_smile: ).

1 Like

Hi @johan_bendz
Are there any updates on my request? Any timing on when it will be taken care of? Device request #674 #675 #676 #677. There is anything i can do to help?

Thank you very much, have a great days

New TEST version is out.

Quite a few new drivers and fixes, much thanks to amazing code contributors! :heart_eyes:
https://github.com/JohanBendz/com.tuya.zigbee/pulls?q=is%3Apr+is%3Aclosed

And there are more code contributions to add in upcoming updates, and loads of requests are waiting to be handled.

As always I really really need help testing everything, there are quite a few devices in the Test version that is not in the Live version. Before I push to Live I would be very happy to have most if not all bugs gone. Please report any problems in the issues section of github or have a chat about them here, just remember to keep new requests to github.

8 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile: How can I find out if my device got added? Not really sure what my device name is.

@JamesPigeon you’ll need to interview the device after adding it as a generic ZigBee device to get model id and manufacturer. Go to Homey Developer Tools and hit the three dots next to your device and click on Interview. It should then pick up these values which you can check if they’re included.

Another option is to simply download and install the test version from GitHub and then try to add your device - if it is supported, homey will associate it with the tuya test app. If it isn’t it will get added as generic ZigBee device.

Have I not done that?

Is there a list somewhere of which devices still need to be tested?
We can then test the devices and provide feedback.

Sorry @JamesPigeon if your device is the one linked then it probably hasn’t been fixed as it is still marked as open and I can’t see any pull requests linked to that.

You can also look at the folder of the device type of your device in the GitHub code and see if you can find your device info in the code (eg driver.compose.json file)

1 Like

Is this a typo in latest test ?
Cause I think the request on GitHub is:
_TZ3000_bjawzodf / TY0201

Sent you some some months back via PayPal. Thanks for your support.

1 Like

Hi @Gisle_Johnsen, thanks for the heads up. I’ll fix this in the next update.

1 Like