[APP][Pro] Tuya Zigbee App

No one knows, only the developer

1 Like

I have a few Tyua _TZE200_e3oitdyu 2 gang dimmers. This one is listed as working in test version (I have 0.2.18). I have tried to find an answer, but not found any.
The problem is that only one of the dimmers works (first), the other does not, and is listed as a switch:

Anyone who knows why?

Edit: Adding them via Tuya Cloud is no use, then only first dimmer works ā€¦

I have the same device on Smartthings and Toggle works. I think the issue can be easily prevented in the driver code.

Iā€™ve been trying to use / modify some of the existing drivers to get this to work - it is a Green Power Proxy (GPP) device based on my understanding so far.

So far, in my modified version, I can send commands from the app to the switch to turn on and off (and any associated flows work) but when the switch is physically pressed, I canā€™t seem to see the status updated on the Homey app, and no associated flows work.

If anyone knows what I should be doing / looking at to get this part working, please let me know :slight_smile:

When I physically press the button, Iā€™m seeing this:
2024-01-27T00:59:27.829Z zigbee-clusters:cluster ep: 1, cl: tuya (61184) received frame response tuya.response {
transid: 64,
dp: 2,
datatype: 1,
length: 1,
data: <Buffer 00>
}
My reading of this is as follows (please correct if Iā€™ve misinterpreted):
transid is unique transaction id - increments by 1
dp: 2 - second button / sub-device / channel pressed
data: <Buffer 00> when off and <Buffer 01> when on

@Eivind_Gjerde I think (I could be very wrong) the reason for this is that there is no driver.js

try add a driver.js:

'use strict';

const { ZigBeeDriver } = require('homey-zigbeedriver');

class dimmer_2_gang_tuya extends ZigBeeDriver {

}

module.exports = dimmer_2_gang_tuya;

Sorry, not so familiar with this, get this error:

At line:3 char:25
+ class dimmer_2_gang_tuya extends ZigBeeDriver {
+                         ~
Missing 'class' body in 'class' declaration.
    + CategoryInfo          : ParserError: (: 0) [], ParentContainsErrorRecordException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : MissingTypeBody

Donā€™t know whatā€™s next

Sorry @Eivind_Gjerde where are you seeing this error?

Is it while compiling in vs code or is it when you run?
I do not have one of those devices so I canā€™t add it to see if Iā€™m seeing the same error. I was able to create a driver.js file within the dimmer_2_gang_tuya folder, and put the code that I put above into that file.

When I test that modified version of the app on my homey (using ā€œhomey app runā€) Iā€™m not getting any compilation errors. Perhaps you can send some screenshots and I or someone else can try help you - it is my first time trying to modify the files myself, so I may not be correct - however, I did encounter that error when I tried writing some other files which had sub-devices (i.e. more than one button) and that is how I resolved itā€¦

Good luck!

Donā€™t assume everyone is a developer :smiley: @Eivind_Gjerde just wants the device to work and suggesting that they ā€œjustā€ have to change the app code is a step too far for probably 99% of Homey users (highlighted by the fact that the error message they are posting is coming from PowerShell).

haha thanks @robertklep - Iā€™m no dev either - but just been watching Emileā€™s series on how to get started and looking at the github to see if I can solve my own GPP issue :smiley:

@Eivind_Gjerde - I think for your issue you will (very likely) need to install your own version (with the correct code change) or wait for a fix to be publishedā€¦

On a slightly related note - @robertklep do you know where I should be poking to see how to get my code to listen for button presses? Iā€™m happy to put up a PR when I get it working!

Sorry, no idea :frowning:

Is it possible to add this product ID to the set of LCD temperature and humidity:

Fabrikant ID : _TZ3000_bjawzodf
Product ID : TY0201

Please read the first post of the thread for instructions on how to request device support.

Thanks @shahzadsk and @robertklep, just seems a bit strange that it is listed as ā€˜OKā€™ when just ā€˜half of it is workingā€™. That is why I thought someone might have a solution.

@Eivind_Gjerde unsure why - may have just been an oversight - Iā€™ve attempted at pushing a code change (hopefully fix!) which should hopefully work for that. Iā€™ve responded to your issue on github, can you test and see if that pull request (PR) fixes the issue for you?

Now, what am I supposed to do? Just running the code gives the same error as before.

When will the testversion 0.2.19 be pushed out? I need the below device (screenshot from GitHub) that is released in the 0.2.19?

Iā€™m on version 0.2.18 right now.

If you really need it, you can install apps from Github using the command line utility.

That is nothing I tried before, is it complicated?

If you really need it as you say, Iā€™m sure you can find the time to learn.

Hi @Christer_Sjostrom, Iā€™ll work on the new version a bit this week and aim to have an update available by this weekend, if not sooner.

Due to the volume of requests and repetitive questions about already requested devices, I am now only handling requests for new devices in the issues section of the appā€™s GitHub repository.

If you or anyone else wants to help but cannot code, I would appreciate support in any of the following ways: 1. Testing stuff in the test version and reporting any issues, 2. Documenting a new device that you or someone else would like to have added, and adding that information to a GitHub issue (if itā€™s not already there), 3. Supporting my expenses for purchasing devices to test for new drivers (or for beer/coffee :wink:), 4. Or perhaps ordering a device for me when ordering your own. Iā€™m not expecting this from anyone, but I am very grateful for any and all help in any form.

For those who are curious, I have more than 50,000 users of my apps, yet less than 1% support me in any form. A select few provide substantial assistance in many ways, and for this, I am incredibly grateful.

4 Likes