[App][Pro] Tuya Cloud

My trial account in Tuya IoT going out about a month after 6 mnd free trial, anyone that know whats will happened then? Will there be payment to tuya or another free time, I have under 20 plugs?

Read the first post of this thread.

A lot is happending since nov 2019, but I hope thats right, but I have doubt about that

Tuya hopes you’re going to pay, but you can extend your trial period every 6 months for free.
There are several posts here about this subject (and how to do it), so just use the search button :wink:

1 Like

I have been trying to setup a power socket with the Tuya Cloud app on Homey with the tutorial here but it seems to not want to update after the first time it got added. Anyone got some tips ? I can see it updating in the Tuya device logger but not sending info to homey??

Ar you getting raw values?
You can check that with Tuya App flow cards in the If section of a flow.

1 Like

I am getting the raw values in the Tuya cloud development device debugger but not in homey. I have setup a flow that when it recives a text event it will send out a message but it seems like that Im not receiving the values from Tuya cloud. @Bert_Wissink

I disabled notification for the Tuya devices and then they were unavailable. Is that a bug?

Maybe, but why disable it. It’s most probably only used for developer announcements to the timeline.

The app is still open for transfer and unmaintained, but P(ull) R(equests) (fixes, new device support) can be merged and published by the original developer.

Disable because after every restart, all devices give notifications about the deprecated driver. Which is annoying.

To me, it’s more annoying when all Tuya devices stop working with Homey one day. Because Tuya will shut down the old API ( a way to communicate with their servers) one day.
It means you’d better remove your Tuya devices, and add them again using the new driver (from a recent app version).
The very annoying message won’t be shown after that.

But of course you can just shut down the warning, and wait untill Tuya stops working.

1 Like

Yes, in perfectly aware of that. Strange thing though is that I followed the exact steps to do so, in the developer page from Tuya, but still the notifications occur.

Didn’t know you’ve tried to update and fix already, Joep, but it is not fixed completely yet, otherwise the notification wouldn’t show up every time.

Maybe this does the trick, it’s in Dutch though

1 Like

And again, Peter, you provide people with a great solution! Thank you!

I overlooked the fact that I had to re-pair the devices one by one. That worked for me!

1 Like

I have tried this but I still got the 2406 error code.
I have read comments about time zones that can give the same error code.
My project has Central Europe Data Center
My Tuya cloud app is Timezone Stockholm, seams right for me, is there anywhere else I have to have the rigth zone?
I have also read something about free trial. Do I have to start a trial to get rid of this problem?
I have the following API:S Authorized
IoT Core
Authorization Token Management
Smart Home Scene Linkage
Device OTA Update
Data Dashboard Service
IoT Video Live Stream
Video Cloud Storage

Is there something else I can do?

My device works in the Device Debugging in Tuya IoT platform.

Did you try this?

And take a look at this vid please (it’s aimed at Home Assistant, but the only difference is entering the data in to the Homey app):

No, it’s not that. The IoT core is already a free trial when you started this.
Make sure to add a reminder every 6 months, to extend the IoT core trial period. In this topic several “how to extend it” 's, were posted.

1 Like

I solved it.
Telephone country code is supposed to be only country code, in my case 46. Not country code and phone number.

Yes, as it’s shown in the fine manual :wink: in post #1

(Not meant as being a smartass, but it just is shown clearly)

That’s embarrassing. I did not see the picture on the phone web browser. Now it can be read in post #1577 as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

My old pool heater gave up and a new one is installed.
The new one is using smartlife app.
I got tuya cloud app working in homey. I can see and control temperatues in Homey. However I only see the temperatures without the decimals. 21.00 degrees (C)
In the display of the heater I can see one decimal (21.4) is there anything I can do to get the correct temperature in homey?
I dont mind creating a virtual device and fetch only the temperature, but I need to now HOW! :slight_smile: