[App][Pro] Tuya Cloud

As stated in my post, I have checked all things under error troubleshooting for 2406. That is why I am writing.

Just trying to help manā€¦ :woozy_face:
You write this:

I did not find a sentence about you found the possible solutions in post #1, and I did not find a sentence you tried every proposed solution.

Can you point out where you wrote the lines I canā€™t see?

1 Like

@Nelson1976, what do you exactly need, I donā€™t understand what is your question?

The current Homey implementation is based on the Home assistant/Homebridge implementation of Tuya. So, the exact steps and same data are needed. This is also mentioned in Opening post. According to devices, this app is already supporting more than the Homebridge implementation of Tuya thanks to great contributors :+1: :slight_smile:, but still less then Home assistant. But on the other hand, this app supports raw commands, raw notifications and scenes, which the Home Assistant and Home Bridge implementation lacks. With those features you can control a lot of devices who are not yet directly supported or functions who are not (yet) available for direct supported devices.

@sauk1, as @Peter_Kawa already told you, itā€™s all in the first post. Maybe look at chapter Error codes and troubleshooting or the FAQā€¦ You have an error code

1 Like

Thatā€™s why I bought a Homey, because I donā€™t understand the problem exactly. Thatā€™s why I think you are the best person to explain the problem. Iā€™m having still problems with connections with Tuya. I think Iā€™m using 2 api one that I created whit Tuya development account. One that is invisible for me, but that is the best one, thatā€™s my personal opinion.

My health is not so great at the moment so sorry for my strange response sometimes.
Iā€™m going to the background, because itā€™s to hard for me to give a good response at this moment.

That is my problem, I am clueless to what the problem is, according to post #1:
Error code |2406|skill id invalid|

• Check, data center correct and right app
  • The link between mobile app en cloud project is broken, see post from @B3rt :Relink your account to mobille app
    Relinked app to project even though it was newly started.
  • Your cloud project on the Tuya IoT Development Platform should be created after May 25, 2021. Otherwise, you need to create a new project. For more information, see Operation on the Tuya IoT Development Platform .|
    | ā€” | ā€” |
    Just created it.
    I have also restarted homey and also restarted Tuya cloud homey app after relinking project and app. I can see the devices in the project but I canā€™t add any devices in homey without getting the message ā€œconfigure app firstā€ in homey. What am I doing wrong then?

I had the same error, was sure i copied in all the right codes on my phone, triple checked everything.
In the end i got it to work using @Peter_Kawa 's tip (or @heula?, #807) and using the Homey App Setting tool in the developer environment,
https://tools.developer.homey.app/tools/app-settings
Here I could copy on my laptop and it worked on the first try.

Hope you have the same luckā€¦

2 Likes

Thank you for your help! I tried resetting a password and entered everything again on my desktop via the link you provided. Nothing happens but the usual error. Should I delete all devices and then do the process again? I will wait until tomorrow and try again, maybe I have polled the IoT project too many times.

EDIT. Strange, everything now started working with the device I already had added, but I still get the same error message if I save.

My timeline displays the message about me using the old API.

EDIT2: If I try to add a new device I only get the ā€œplease configure the app firstā€ message even if I have restarted app and also set dropdown to official.

Hi

These were the points i struggled to get right

Did you put:
Land code without a + ?
Select Central Europe Data center on iot.tuya.com (for Netherlands at least)
In the cloud, under device / Link Tuya App Account, is the app shown as registered?

Under Service API, did you add the required service?
|IoT Core|
|Authorization Token Management
|Smart Home Scene Linkage
|Device OTA Update
|Data Dashboard Service
|Mobile Push Notification Service
|Device Status Notification

2 Likes

Thank you, now it works! Also added all services you mentioned, even though they arenā€™t listed in post #1. Anyway, after restarting and then adding devices again everything is fine! A big thank you.

1 Like

Well, Iā€™m sorry sir, but it is mentioned TWICEā€¦

When you donā€™t read anything in post #1, itā€™ll be nice to Jurgen when you say ā€œOh fuck, Iā€™m blindā€ instead of saying the manual is incorrect.
The manual is just 100% CORRECT. I followed it, and all Tuya stuff worked instantly after adding it with the new drivers.

Oh yes, you got it right, I just got very, very annoyed by you, when you blame your own faults on the developer of this great app.

This is from post #1:

And the second time it ist mentioned: when you click the link to Tuya on top of the quote above:

1 Like

Hi all, just a Device add request for @Jurgen_Heine - Since Broadlink has been dead in the water for a while a proper IR/RF transmitter dies along with it. Now there is a Tuya capable IR/RF transmitter that works really well and even allows scenes to be used through your app.

However, my question here is to allow the IR/RF Devices you can make through the transmitter to show up as a device through Homey rather than calling upon scenes. The devices show up in the cloud development portal so I take it that is enough to use them as a direct device?

This way Homey finally gets a great working IR and RF transmitter once again and adds even more value to the already outstanding app.

Thanks!

I am sorry if I annoyed you and I never ever want to say this is a bad app. I dont think I have but if anyone made that assumption because of me I am sincerely sorry!

What I wrote was that @BartOverdevest listed 7 services and I saw 2 that I did not subscribed to when following post #1.

This is a great app and thanks to all developers out there homey is better. And when you are frustrated trying to make something work it is great as a dummie like me to be able to write to smarter people in this forum. So thank you all.

Struggling with the Tuya integration. Have managed with the API and are told to restart the Tuya Cloud APP. Have installed the latest version, but get this error message in Homey.
When I try to add a device to the Tuya Cloud app, I get the error message ā€œPlease configure the app firstā€. Phew, tiring this with Tuya.

You seem to have the legacy API still enabled, or both the Official and Legacy. Legacy means: it is going to vanish some day.

Delete your existing Tuya cloud devices from Homey, and then select ā€˜Use official onlyā€™.
Then, add your Tuya devices again.

Screenshot 2022-11-06 at 00-29-51 Homey Developer Tools

Maybe this vid makes things a bit clearer.
Itā€™s pointed at Home Assistant, but the only difference is the login screen on Homey or Home Assistant.

(just found it on YT, Iā€™m not affiliated in any way)

1 Like

I tried to install the test version from Tuya cloud | Homey
But it is not installing for me (does not show up in the app list under settings)

Removing Tuya Cloud app makes no difference.

Any hints on what (I) could do/be wrong?

I would like to test the new thermostat device.

Thank you so much. Uninstalled everything and started again. Now it works after many hours of trial and error. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Try Tuya cloud | Homey again, just tried it and the link is working. I had 1 time a redirect.

It worked! Thanks. Will test and provide feedback via

Hi @Jurgen_Heine, are the devices floodlight and doorbel camera on the to add list? :slight_smile:

And the temperature and humidity sensors? :slight_smile: :slight_smile: