[App][Pro] Tuya Cloud

It is resolved. I’ve got the workaround operational. Not 100% sure what fixed it but I did two things. Renew the core IT service and just waited longer time before testing. I’ve seen before that sometimes it takes a while before it syncs state of the device.

Now I have a virtual switch called smoke alarm in Tuya and a scene in the Tuya app that switches this virtual device on and off based on the alarm state of the real smoke alarm. The virtual device is now synced to homey where I can include it in my single overview and central notifications.

Would be better if I could find a virtual Tuya smoke detector that I can switch on and off based on the same scene, but have not found one yet

1 Like

Hello Jurgen_Heine

I don’t understand what when wrong, but I extended to 6 months for free, but still the Tuya cloud app doesn’t work. What am I doing wrong?

1 Like

@Matrean, can you try again to add the smoke alarm to Homey. If I look at your product category, it’s the one for current smoke alarm: ywbj. maybe renew the subscription solved the problem, probably also for your temperature error with thermostat.

@doncalitri, I hope/expect that we can renew after 6 months again. The current way is described on GitHub pages of Tuya self. There is no other way, the old API is deprecated and is not working good anymore. Personally, I think that this method will end when Tuya implemented Matter, then there is no need any more for direct integrations.

@Nelson1976, according to other people you have to wait first, maybe restarting the app. In my case I had to pair the mobile app again, others had to made new subscriptions, some had to change the id and secret, but if you read the posts above, most people don’t need to do this.

1 Like

I created a new api and everything is working great again. But how will it work after 6 months,? I really love your work and thank you for your work so far.

Hi Jurgen, my subscription is renewed but this did not solve anything. Because I have 3 of those alarms I just added two other virtual devices to implement the same workaround and now those new ones also do not report state on/off when switched from Tuya, I’m sure in a couple of hours they will work.

Just tested adding the smoke alarm, unfortunately not visible from the homey tuya cloud app

The temperature status of the heaters is not syncing yet, I have to say also in the tuya app this is a strange parameter that can be set manually somehow and is not visible on the Tuya app screen. not so much for me anymore I’ve other temp sensors to get the data

A faster way is to restart the app by the way. After restart state of the virtual devices is synced directly

I am trying to move to the new app and am following instructions about the Tuya IoT platform. I log in but the menu is not as in your instructions. I still find a page for cloud development where there is an option for creating a project. The link to that page is Tuya Smart Developer Center but it does not lead to anywhere and I am kicked back to the starting page. Am I doing something wrong or is it a temporary problem with the Tuya web? Can someone replicate the problem?

zorg dat je op een laptop zit of desktopversie opvragen, maar laptop is het beste

ik heb op moment behoorlijk intensief contact met Tuya. ik ben nu zo ver dat ze gaan kijken voor Homey support, ze kunnen niks beloven. ik heb Homey flink aangeprezen, wellicht zijn er meer mensen die daar een bericht aan willen wagen. je moet dit wel via de Tech support doen, die je via je tuya IoT account kunt indienen. ze stuurden wel mij dit bericht (Hallo, u kunt deze link raadplegen: Tuya - Home Assistant) ik heb dit bekeken, echter is dit volgens mij hetzelfde als we nu doen? @Jurgen_Heine zou jij dit eens kunnen bekijken? mocht er ondersteuning komen, zijn jullie hier de eerste die dit weten. Ik vind overigens dat Tuya zeer goed te bereiken is, ze reageren heel snel.

1 Like

Thanks Nelson, sound good! (please translate your post to English).

This is what Athom advices us to do:
https://homey.app/nl-nl/app/com.tuya/

Maybe things can be streamlined from here and from Athom?

Yes, seems similar or equal to this link:

O my god I’m sorry, I wrote it in English, but google translation turned it to Dutch🤪

@Jurgen_Heine i know it’s the same but they say to me that they support homeassitant. Maybe you see an opening?

I told them serveral times that we only need the api support to connect our Tuya products as home users not developing. I also told them, that Homey is bigger than homeassistant.
I think they understood my question, I hope to hear from them tomorrow.

@Peter_Kawa here by the text from my earlier post.

I am currently in pretty close contact with Tuya. I’m now so far as to look for Homey support, they can’t promise anything. I have strongly recommended Homey, perhaps there are more people who want to take a chance on that. you have to do this via the Tech support, which you can do via your tuya IoT…

I’m Dutch, but this topic is in English :wink:

So, now we have to spread the word about what message to send to Tech Support? (After login, this should be the link to create a ticket: https://service.console.tuya.com/8/3/list?source=support_center)

:joy:

Yes after login, you will come to the right place.

Please try to make a ticket TODAY!

@Nelson1976, the new api implementation is based on Home assistant/Homebridge projects of Tuya. So the problems and solutions found here are the same on home assistant. In post 1 also link to the Home assistant/Homebridge of Tuya guides. The FAQ was a copy of HA FAQ with extra info.

I have the magnum heating, but very strange i have duux on my magnum thermostat.

Is there a way to get Magnum on Homey.

I have set up everything and I can see devices from Tuya Smart on my desktoo, the data centre is correct and I use correct app. But the already existing devices from old SDK/app show in homey and can be turned on/off but nothing happens. If I try to add devices I only get the message that I need to configure app. And all the time when I save changes in app I get the error code 2406. What am I doing wrong? Please help.

Btw, maybe instructions could include you should use desktop during IoT setup? The mobile view kicked me to start page all the time, see previous post from me.

please, post #1 for error

:joy:

That’s the answer we need😎

Hi Jurgen_Heine

Maybe you can communicate with them, I’m not the greatest developer :flushed:
And my thechnical English is not so good.

Can’t you please talk to Tuya, they will give you an answer to the difficult questions.

I hope you will pick it up, if I can answer questions i will give them, but now I’m out of answers.