[App][Pro] Tuya Cloud

And then all of a sudden last Tuesday or so, this started working! Started receiving all sorts of notifications. But with the “upcoming” works with Homey app I am not that much interested in it anymore so I killed the flow sending these out.
Only reason for this to start working is the fact that I reset my old Homey Pro to factory settings. It was already powerless for weeks, but that is the only thing I can think of.

Here exact the same.problem i have do understand with the 6 months but nothing works is there.somebody the.can help

Is working all device on website tuya but in de homey app when I want to install device hé say this every time Who can help me please

Here the same problem. Older products work perfect. But I can’t add a new product (heater) to Homey. It appears in Tuya-app and in the Tuya-cloud but in Homey i have to configurate the app first.

I have the same problem. The devices give “missing capability listener on/off” error. I tried:

• Reinstalling app
  • reinstalling Homey clean
  • bring back-up to working date
  • reset homey with software update

Nothing works. When i try to reconfigure settings and press save, it gives a “error” popup. And I need to reconfigure app when I try to add device.

The only thing that happened in between is switching from network provider with new modem and then this problem occured. Like something is blocking the connection.

I don’t know what to do anymore. I am using HA for Tuya Cloud at the moment.

Most probably your internet IP address changed because of the new provider.

I’m sorry to say, but all that won’t help with Tuya Cloud app issues.
It has to be configured just right. The devil is in the details.

1 Like

First make sure you’ve deleted all of your Tuya Cloud devices @ Homey, so nothing uses the old driver anylonger.
Then select “use official API only” on top of the app config.
Now add all your Tuya Cloud devices to Homey again.
Note, there’s a great script to fix all flows involved.

Also make sure your “iot trial period” is not expired , goto iot.tuya.com to check.

Also, I’ve posted a YT instruction vid several times, just search for “youtube @Peter_Kawa” in this topic.

1 Like

Hi Peter,
I did that i few months ago, but now it looks like everything is reset to the old situation. But it is just simply delete all Tuya-devices in Homey (also the app or not?) and add them again?

App doesn’t need to be removed / reinstalled.
Delete all Tuya devices in Homey, and

Restarting the app after each config change can’t hurt.

Also make sure to enter the Telephone Country Code in the right format, 31 for NL.
And select which phone app you use, Tuya Smart, or Smart Life:

If you still get “configure app first” errors, hit the save or reload scenes button in app settings.
It should return an error ID.

Then search this topic for that ID to find the culprit.

I mentioned it myself that the modem switched so aswell the IP ofcourse. I had to change the white list IP. My bad dumb mistake.

Thanks for your advice @Peter_Kawa !

Also for mentioning. When you try to configure settings through mobile app it just says “Error”. But when reconfiguring through web app it says "Error, IP (xx.xxx.xxx.xx) not whitelisted. If i just tried that earlier… :crazy_face:

1 Like

Ah, glad to see that was the culprit. But it’s not dumb.
How many times I locked myself out of a server, by applying/removing the wrong firewall rule :innocent::rofl:

Oh that’s great info, I didn’t know that! Thanx!
It’s very odd there’s that much of a difference though.

Hi,

After some homey updates, all my tuya devices lost connection with homey. I have reset the tuya cloud development link and deleted and installed tuya cloud again. But it seems no matter what I do, I cannot connect devices again.

This message “Please configure the app first” when “Add device” - “Tuya Cloud”… It will not go away.

And I have configured the app several times.

Here I even tried to set the regional number to sweden to check if it matters.

Can someone help me with this?

I can see that there is other posts related to this problem but in other language than I know. So that will not help me much.

Thankful for any help with this problem. It is driving my wife crazy, since we have light switches that is connected to homey in order to operate the tuya lights. And now it is not working anymore.

1 Like

I just had the same problem. Renew your free trail subscription for the tuya iot cloud. It last for one year then you have to reactivate it. You can only do it for 6 months at a time.

Hi all,

I have an Airconditioner with smart life wifi, added as tuya device in homey. It works all fine however it seems the temperature is one decimal off. Instead of 20 c, it reads 200 c. Anyone any idea how to fix this?

It should work according to this fix by Ronny

The scale factor seems to be dependent on the amount of decimals defined by the device manufacturer

So, maybe your airco device uses a still undefined amount of decimals, and you could ask Ronny if he can take a look

Hi Ronny,

Seems mine is not working correctly for my airco. Any idea what I should do?

I don’t think that this app is still maintained. We should wait for the “official” Athom version.

1 Like

Hi, what information would you need to add a inverter pool heat pump, i have it working in Tuya cloud, but as the device is not listed in your app i can not use it in homey…

Hi Tim,

When you have read post #1 of this topic, you now know:

• The app isn’t maintained
  • Which is not necessarily a bad thing, while you can control almost every Tuya device from Homey / almost every Tuya device can control Homey.
    Which you found out by reading the mentioned howto’s “tap-to-run” and “RAW commands” :wink:

When you can’t get it to work anyway, just ask.

Hi @Peter_Kawa

I just received my 8 station smart sprinkler / irrigation controller from Ali :slight_smile:
With Tuya cloud I can execute scenes eg. to open valve 1, but I cannot detect RAW events from this device (I get events from others).

Is there still an option to add this new (class) of device to the Tuya Cloud app so I get events?
What is needed to do that?

Central Europe Datacenter

Device log

These are the instructions in:

Hi Rrrr,

First try enabling DP instruction, the RAW events should be sent in theory.

My knowledge on how to add device types to this app is zero.
Take a look at the github commits to start with:
https://github.com/jurgenheine/com.tuya.cloud

You’ll need to know the ‘product category’

{
            "type": "socket",
            "category": ['cz', 'pc']
        },

Your device has this one

Technically the 8-station sprinkler controller is comparable to an 8-gang relais (also called switch) , maybe that simplifies things, you could use a 2-gang relais driver code as template / starting point.

It’s possible when you write the code (or ask someone to write it) and test it when you merged it with the downloaded app code.
When you install it by CLI, you can execute homey app run from within the app directory.
This way it returns all errors at your console.
When all’s set, install the app by homey app install

1 Like