[APP][Pro] SolarEdge + Growatt TCP modbus

what is the pdf doc you are using? I am using Growatt PV Inverter Modbus RS485 RTU Protocol v120 and see total different values and what is your inverter type?

I have only done this from the Huawei app, Fusionsolar, or from the Huawei cloud web. Both of them need a login. I don’t know how to try it some other way. Sorry if this doesn’t help you. I really appreciate you trying.

no problem , I got the code but need to understand these register and convert it to typescript Support for Huawei Battery Control ¡ Issue #76 ¡ biemond/solaredge.modbus ¡ GitHub

I just Googled it and found this document, in which I can search (PDF, not images)

Growatt_Modbus RTU Protocol MAX Series_v124_2023.pdf

Available …

The one we (Edwin) used with the last mods

I have exactly the same problem.
I also enabled the ModBus-TCP connection. What can I do?
The App gets no connection to my Huawei inverter (with battery)

Problem solved. I did not use the IP-Adress of the Inverter (you can see inverter’s IP address on the router dashboard)

2 Likes

Hi, I was looking on the internet an found this document:

On this website:

Is this useful for you to implement for Homey?
(I have no tech scills so it is all acacadabra for me.

yes , doing the same and already support all those.

only you need to have meters installed and connect them to your inverter.
without meters you can only do active power and you have to control this. ( like when you dynamic contract and price is under 14 cent )

Can you give an example how to make a flow to controle active power?

Hi, Just send a report.

My Solaredge HD inverter (with display) is not responding to active power limit set anymore.
I hava a flow that worked flawless, bu now with negative prices again, i get the notify from flow that inverter is set to 0% but when I look the inverter is still 100% active power limit and not 0%

|I started that flow 5 times manualy but it does not work.

Inverter is connected, all the settings are set, and it worked a short while aga when price was negative as well.

Report : 5644b004-afe8-494e-a50f-f62bbf5a1e3d

1 Like

your report looks fine and did you also define that solaredge will control it , in case of negative prices?

Normal solaredge device , no meters or battery did not have a change some months. So it looks like solaredge reverts your changes. Plus it worked before, can you try this from the inverter menu?

If you have solaredge with meters and optional a battery , you can now use production limit , this will dynamically control activer power to meet your export demands.

something like this. (this is flow action)

1 Like

also check if this is still enabled. Bekijk reactie - Het grote day ahead / dynamische energieprijzen topic. - Themaforum: De Energierekening - GoT

Hi,

I did not change anything in my setup.
But do you mean these settings?
I have just set those up in my solar edge app.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Mike de Vries

indeed, you give now solaredge total control instead you are the boss with homey. solaredge will overrule you.

But I did not have any settings there I just filled them just now. Should I remove those settings or leave it ?

Met vriendelijke groet,

Mike de Vries

you can try to use those from solaredge and specify all your values. then solardege will do the same.
else you need to disable it and do it from homey .

and check the inverter values of rrcr .

can be you got some update from solaredge and this disabled again. Or solaredge does not want you to do it yourself . make a support call to them and find out what is going on here especially when it worked before.

@Edwin_Biemond Thanks a lot for your wonderful app. I use it with a lot of joy. For example to close the sun blinds.

Unfortunately since two days the app is not getting any data anymore, while I didn’t changed something at all during that period. Could you please help me with this issue? Do you have any clue if I sent you an diagnostic report (2c9a8de7-af82-4416-b78d-ca2f61d63061)?

I tried the following already:

• Checking the troubleshooting
  • Checking my ip adres, id and port (still the same)
  • Checking solaredge app (all good), and tibber (is still receiving information)
  • Restarting everything
  • Just wait till it magically solves itself…

Well i tried a lot of things.

All the settings are correct, settings are active, modbus is connected, app is updating all available info, but sending the command to set active power limit 0% does not work (anymore).

I have opened a case just now, for this and hope it will be solved are a least clear what is the case here.

So frustrating that it just like that does not work anymore.
If this is because solaredge did something remote without informing me than I will disconnect the inverter from internet access.
I like to be in control myself!!