[APP][PRO] Smart Presence

Okey, I made all the home and away flows and will test it.

This is correct?

And made the same for away

correct sir

I think I made a mistake. homey thinks we are leaving house and coming back again but we didnt.

Maybe has to do with the interval, perhaps add a timer , lots of possibilities

Hi,

Are you using Smart Presece with Unifi? Im having problems when i roam between APs. Im using a DreamMachine an a wired NanoHD and when i walk between them Smart Presence thinks i left my home and got back so i get a Left/home message every time… :slight_smile:

Do you have any ideas I would be really greatful.

I have DreamMachine and wired AP-AC-LR and I have no problem with Smart Presence.

Do you have different SSID for 2G and 5G?
Homey have only 2G and if you switch to 5G with different SSID the connection can drop.

Smart presence works nicely for my families android phones, but not with an iphone.
Static address is reserved and used by the iphone, but smart presence does not trigger when switching wifi on and off or leaving/entering the house. I tried switching the port detection to other ports, without success.
Anyone else with this issue? Anyone got a solution?

Have tried this ?

2 Likes

I have a similar issue. Smart Presence works for users (devices) I have configured earlier, but not for newly created ones. The devices have fixed IP addresses (private LAN address disabled in iOS), but still they aren’t detected correctly by Smart Presence. I’m not sure which version broke it, as it works for the ones I created a while ago, but not new ones.

If your phone switches from 2,4 to 5GHz ssid, your connection drops for a few secs. The “wait” option in SP app should cover this, and SP should not mark your phone as “not present”
You still get your fixed IP you reserved on your router IF you set the same MAC address on your phone at both saved Wifi networks. If you have an unkown MAC address set with your 5GHz saved network, then your phone receives a random IP from your DHCP range, and SP will mark your phone as “not present”
Homey doesn’t care if you are on 2,4 or 5GHz. It’s the phone’s IP which is monitored by SP.

Thanks for this App, it’s working fine for me both on iOS and Android. Now, I got a potential odd feature request:
I’d like to set a virtual presence w/out any IP address to Present/Absent, a dummy user if you like.
My use case is the following: I want to create flows based on Presence w/out logging any device or having a Homey account. Imagine to set the heating for guests w/out a smartphone (or w/out me logging it).
Makes sense?

Update: I try to mimic this behavior currently with a VirtualDevice mode and Logic (yes/no)… I could also create a dummy Homey user but …

I had to read it a few times :wink: If I’m right, you want to set the house ‘status’ to “someone is at home”, without a user being home, but a guest is (so the heating, some lights and a radio starts for instance).
And you want to push/control the button “Guest = Present/Away”?

A dummy Homey user is a way to start. In my example “Fam. Knots” is a dummy user.
Use a virtual device, type ‘light’, to switch it on (present) or off (away):
Flow 1

Flow 2

ok, it makes sense to me, I just thought there’s a way to avoid creating a Homey user.
Which Virtual Device app are you using, the native one?

You can avoid that, with a button which turns on everything you’d like, but the downside is you’ll end up with person(s) at home while Homey thinks/says no one is at home… and vice versa.
To me it is unlogical, and can cause confusion in the future. The someone/no one is at home function is one of it’s own.

That’s possible, but I like Virtual Devices (by Arjan) much more. One advantage is you can use custom icons.

Neat device icons:

Click “View code”

1 Like

I have three Virtual Device-buttons for these purposes.

• Guests
  • Away
  • Home Office
    I use “Guests” to ensure that surveillance and presence simulation flows does not run.
    “Away” when I am on vacation.
    “Home Office” to warm up home office before working hours.

I ended up creating a dummy user in Homey, that’s much more convenient. Thanks for and hopefully I didn’t hijack the topic here

1 Like

How do you set a dummy user?

Just add an account with guest rights. With this account you can login to a dash or my.homey.app with the lowest rights possible.
A dash is perfect, while you can only add some devices to favorites of that account, and that’s it.
It is possible timeline messages can be displayed, but idk which ones are presented to a guest.
I don’t know any other way (tried different things) but to open the ‘invitation link’ on an other phone with homey app installed. This is only needed for the creation of the account and the adding to the users of your Homey.

Tnx!

So I will need a different device like an iPad for instance to install the dummy user?

Yes I can’t get it done by logging myself out, and logging in with the guest account. I guess Athom didn’t think of “fiddling around” with accounts. So imagine you are the guest user, which uses his own device and Homey app. Then it should work. As soon as the account is present in your own Homey app (as owner) the other device is not needed any longer for this account stuff