The app works by detecting closed TCP ports of smartphones on your Wi-Fi network. This will work without installing the Homey app, and will allow you to detect guests as well.
Link to app store.
Link to the source.
For adding a device, please follow these steps:
- Check the IP address of the smartphone. This can be done from the admin UI of the Wi-Fi router.
- Make a static reservation for the IP address. Also done from the admin UI of the Wi-Fi router.
- Add the device by entering a name, and the IP address of the smartphone. Check the ‘Is guest’ or ‘Is kid’ - checkboxes for guests or kids.
- A household member arrived / left
- A kid (part of the household) arrived / left
- A specific user arrived / left
- A guest arrived / left
- Someone arrived / left
- The first household member arrived
- The first kid arrived
- The first guest arrived
- The first person arrived
- The last household member left
- The last kid left
- The last guest left
- The last person left
- Household members home / No household members home
- Kids at home / Kids not at home
- Having guests / Not having guests
- Someone is home / Nobody is home
- A specific user is home / away
- The original ‘Smart Presence’ app created by Terry Hendrix.
Please report issues at the issues section on Github.
If you like the app, you can donate here.
- Added presence to the Timeline
- Fixed rename bug
- Migrated to SDK3
- Fixed issue with first person, household member and guest triggers
- Better language support
- Better performance
- The port number can be configured from advanced settings
- Increased check intervals for better performance
Love this! Do you have a download link? Btw the link to github leads to a 404 page
I’m waiting for the previous developer to transfer the app to my account, and then I will release a new version for you to test.
Hey @balmli, pleased that you are taking over the development of the app!
I use non-purpose Smart Presence to detect the general readiness of IP devices on the network with a Fritzbox. So analogous to the ubiquity function. Works very well.
Just as a hint for you that there is more potential in the app that can be expanded in the future
Very well ! Just put all your improvement suggestions here
And don’t forget your PayPal donation link!
Wow, this was fast now I’m just waiting for the download link
Now version 0.6.0 is ready for testing:
- That upgrading from 0.5.0 / 0.5.1 goes well
- That the flows work as expected
- That it works on your devices. I’ve only tested on iPhone.
Downloaded and it works on Android, thanks
Working here, on my Android phone.
Tested on some devices like TV, printer and android. It works fine
dear Balmli, thanks for quickly customizing the app. maybe you still have some time to adjust a few more apps haha. keep up the good work
I am using the app for a while now with good results, but since the update to 0.6.2 today it seems that my phone is not being noticed anymore on connecting to WiFi.
The flows I use work fine with the test button but when connecting/disconnecting from WiFi nothing happens anymore. My flows aren’t changed in any way and my IP address is still fixed and correct defined in the app config.
Is there something wrong with the update or do I need to reconfigure something? Please help, because I use smart presences for controlling my lighting every evening! Now it just stays dark
Have you checked the default Away delay in adv. settings?
It’s 900 seconds / 15 minutes.
If you still have problems, please press the «Create diagnostics report» - button from App-settings, and I might see what’s wrong
Thanks for the quick reply!
And yes, delay is 900s (unchanged after update of the app).
I will try to remove and add the flows and see if that makes a difference. If not I will send a diagnostic report to you.
Same here. Not detecting my phone anymore since the update to 0.6.2. Rebooted Homey w/o succes. Is there a fix for this?
Hi all, thanks for reporting!
Yes, there’s a bug in 0.6.2 for existing users. Install v. 0.6.3 please, just released to test.
Or you can wait for Athom to approve it.
could someone please share a flow for leaving home (A household member left)?
Which variable I have to use in the „And…“ section?
Thanks in advance!