[APP][PRO] Smart Presence

Ignore last, didn’t think it was letting me ad without selecting one but it does…super

A little bit late maybe but nevertheless, my pc is found by this workaround.
Some ports are open in windows firewall.
To find an open port:
Open windows defender at your pc, select advanced options (geavanceerde instellingen) --> Inbound rules (regels voor binnenkomende verbindingen)
You will see a long list, look for an item that meets the following conditions:

• protocol must be TCP
  • local port has be a number
  • enabled must be “yes”

In my case “Delivery Optimization” ticked the boxes (port no.7860).

I don’t get the first/last household member cards to work. I have the standard “member” and “kid” cards working though. What am I doing wrong?
Any hint appreciated =)

And what doesn’t work, could you share your flow?

Tnx Martijn for your prompt reply =)
I can’t get this flow to run/trig when all family members are disconnected from WiFi:

And what happens if you change the ‘then’ part by a notification on your phone. Don’t send any who’s or other vars just the ‘when’ part and with the ‘then’ part a notification or timeline. Just to try and pinpoint where the issue occurs.

Is it possible to have several ip?

I have Google wifi at home and guess the ip is changing since i receive many notifications that i left/came home ?

I have. Or at least i think i have. Sat a manual ip in my modem

Edit : just checked. I get two ip adresses. One when i am connected to asus, and one when i am connected to Google.
Perhaps its possible to use the same ip on both?

just to be clear, with a ‘fixed IP’ no one means fixed IP, because having a fixed IP on a phone could result into lot’s of issues connecting to other wifi’s. With fixed IP we generally mean setting a reserved IP at the DHCP server, and yes, that’s probably your modem. But we don’t know where you run your dhcp server from.

1 Like

I cannot imagine you have two IP addresses on your phone, maybe a IPv4 and a IPv6, but 2 IP addresses makes thinks complex. Never heard of google having a ‘own’ IP to connect to their services. But if it is true what you are saying you should go and work with variables and have to have two ‘users’ having a IP, thus 2 devices.

Asus ac68u, and with one Google wifi in bridge mode.

I see that i have one ip when i log into my modem connected on asus, and one ip when i login and are connected on Google wifi.

This Google wifi has made nothing but a mess for me. Two nat’s( or what it’s called) ann all,and that’s why i ended up with a bridge. To keep one network.

But it seems it’s two ip for sure.

I will try to put the set in both, but i guess it will not work :thinking:

[quote=“Martijn_Hoogenbosch, post:129, topic:33794, full:true”]
And what happens if you change the ‘then’ part by a notification on your phone. [/quote]

I removed my part in “then” and tried your suggestion. Now the trigger works as it should. It also works when I send a notification to my phone with the “Who” tag in.

But why can’t I save the “Who” tag in a string variable? Is it a Homey, Better Logic or Smart Presence bug? Or just a user error?

When in Homeys Flow editor when I test the flow that saves the “Who” tag into a variable, everything runs as it should.

After upgrading my wireless router, (to a sagemcom 3890v3 (3.1) from telia) smart presence is not working any more.
Homey works fine. Wifi is good. IP’s are fixed.
When toggling WiFi on phone SP seems to actually detect phones presence as the icon changes and also confirmed by value change in homey developer.
The flow works when running it from the test button.
But the flow is not activated when phones WiFi is actually turned off.

Restarted SP, reinstalled SP, restarted homey and finally updated from .47 to 5.0.0-rc.63 on a Homey (Early 2019), without any change.

SmartSelect_20210206-235612_Homey

Any ideas?

@BSA
A. Just checking, while “fixed IP” can be achieved in different ways. But there is only one right way:
Did you

1. reserve the IP address based on your phone’s MAC address on your router
    or
  2. did you enter an IP address on your phone’s wifi settings

The proper way is the 1st.

B. What happens when you temporary leave out the AND cards, and then turn Wifi off on all phones?

1 Like

Big thanks to you Peter!

Although this is really embarrassing :flushed:
As I was copying my flow to test your alternative B, I realise that I’d turned the flow off!
As it was late when setting up the new router I must have turned the flows off to come back to them the next day.
And since the play button is greyed out on this flow anyways, I sort of didnt notice till I had the new one with white text next to it.

And yes, the IP address is reserved on the router. :slight_smile:

(Also got my heating ovens registered as “guests”, so now I have a flow alerting me if they go offline. Nifty)

1 Like

Didn’t think of a disabled flow though!
True, I also have several flows which are greyed out, because they’re triggered by logics and I wouldn’t notice 1 more right away.

do i have to disable the “use home/away” from homey itself? and homey home location

Gebruik thuis/afwezig detectie en vind homey’s locatie automatisch

No and No

My advice would be to create a few flows to ensure the SP users / detection sets the Home status of the ‘normal’ user. So IF user = home from SP then set User from Homey to home. And the same idea for leaving home. Then the dimming and active of the users is good in the homey app.