[APP] Philips Hue - Transform the way you experience light

Other than having to reset the Android app because it stopped working?

Sounds like something changed in your network that might be causing problems.

As @robertklep pointed out, apart from resetting the Hue android app. Your bridge may need a reset as well, or tidy up as I think they call it. That will probably mean removing and then re-adding Hue to Homey.
Network changes and Hue… I’m unsure as Hue isn’t on a home WiFi network or LAN, it’s all via their bridge in my case and yours. Have you changed Router/ISP or other network equipment?

No changes to the home network, as far as I can see. I don´t see the option to manage a bridge when I activate the Philips Hue icon after device add (I only see standard Hue devices).

Bridge Clean Up it’s called. It’s in the Android/iPhone Hue app, bridge settings. I’m wondering if your bridge has somehow become corrupted, tbh I haven’t had that problem so don’t know but not sure how this can be a Homey issue. What about creating a diagnostic report in the Homey app and sending it to Homey as the Hue app is an official app

Found the Bridge Cleanup option in the Hue app, but I see no reason in using it as the bridge (now) works fine in combination with my two lamps. I will file a problem report with Athom though. I suspect the problem has something to do with Philips now forcing usage of a Hue cloud account, as opposed to pure local operations before.

I am grateful for your assistance. Thanks!

And you’re the only one suffering from that?

I could be wrong of course. Let’s close this discussion for the moment…

Athom added support for new contact sensor with Hue App test version 6.1.0. It works as expected!

see Changelog Philips Hue App | Homey

I have the problem lately that hue lights won’t respond on a flow trigger sometimes 4 lights turn on some Times 3 same with off.

Same problem on the stable and test nothing changed in my home network it started 2 months ago

That sounds like either your Homey is busy with something, or you have a pre-2023 Homey Pro, where this sort of behaviour was “normal”.

Busy with what ? I have the new homey pro 2023 the first batch do but that doesn’t matter I think

I don’t know, I can’t look at your Homey’s statistics.

Hello, i hue a problem. I have an old Homey 2019 ( the white one) and it was connected to Philips Hue light bar and other devices. I made the updates and now everything changes since 2 years ago. i cannot connect to the philips anymore. there is only one app for phelps ( official) but i have to log into philips account and then i got a token refresh error ( and i don’t even know if my lights are available into this app). What happen with my Homey ? did the support drop everything and it become useless ?

Hi Vincenzo and welcome!

I have to apologize, but I don’t understand:

1. what updates you have made?
  2. what changes since 2 years ago?
  3. did you used the Homey app Philips Hue, without the bridge and now you want to use the official Philips Hue from Athom?

Please provide as much relevant information as possible. This topic is a guide for this:

Ok, you are currently having a problem logging in with the Philips account, so I have moved your post into this topic.
If you do not receive any help here, please contact the support from Athom, as the official Philips Hue app is developed by Athom.

1 Like

yes the only application i can install now is the official philips one and it has only light and plug not the light bar. when i try to connect trough the light icon i had a login into philips website (once) but i end up with a white screen and the it say " token refresh failed". i don’t understand why those extra steps.

Do i need a Hue Bridge to use it with the philips light bar ? i never had one and it always worked but now i need to buy one ?

I still don’t understand it, sorry!

You’re talking about the official Philips app which has only light and plug!?
To be sure, do you mean this app?

Or do you mean the official Philips Hue smartphone app?

For the official Homey Philips Hue app you need the Philips Hue Bridge, which has always been the case:

What I can think of:
– You use Philips Hue bulbs via Bluetooth without the Hue Bridge
– On Homey you use either the app Philips Hue, without the bridge, or you have added the bulbs as generic Zigbee bulbs, which I believe is the case since firmware v7.4

And as far as I know, the Philips Hue play light bar is supported by both Homey apps. I don’t know if it’s possible to add the light bar as generic Zigbee device.
Because I don’t own a Philips Hue play light bar myself, these information are without guarantee, please inform yourself!

But still, you’re not answering the questions of my other post and you’re providing not much information.
If it’s too difficult for you to speak/write in English, please use a translator.

Hello, does anyone know if Philips Hue Pillar Single Spotlight is supported by homey? I couldn’t find information about this on Philips Hue Homey App Website as well as on the Homey Community Forum.

Every standard Hue lamp/bulb/light that works with the Hue Bridge is also supported by the Homey Philips Hue app.

1 Like

Man, this is a genius move which I just accomplished with your insight… thank you for this idea! I’m new to Homey Pro and have been tinkering with it for about a month. I almost returned it because of the slow official Hue / Homey app motion sensor delay but this Matter integration keeps me invested into Homey Pro. I haven’t made that many Flows yet so I really don’t see a reason NOT TO just delete all my Official HUE / HOmey light integrated at this point (about 55 lamps) but keep the app itself for the scenes. I’ve already added all the lamps back via Matter and they are zippy quick. I’m about to place about 15 motions sensors onto a 2nd Hue Bridge and integrate that into Homey Pro via Matter as well. (All 55 lamps on 1st Bridge all motions sensors on 2nd Bridge). Now my question - do you see any drawback on this proposed Hue setup? I have some hue switches and a Lutron Aurora dimmer but that I can sort out later. Any insights would be much appreciated.

1 Like

Also worth mentioning for those with sensors and are on the current test version of the homey app which do work a bit snappier with the sensors imo and dont want to add via matter; remember to edit the settings for the sensors in the hue app, you can set sensetivety for “high” which makes it react “quicker” i guess i would say :slight_smile: