[APP] Philips Hue - Transform the way you experience light

Hi,

since a week or two the Hue app isn’t working properly anymore. All the Hue devices aren’t responding properly anymore. They seem to be flickering between working normal and unreachable. As can be seen on this video:

When I try to switch on or off a Hue lamp trough the Homey interface, I get this error:
Apparaat Onbeschikbaar
Response timeout while trying to fetch http://192.168.178.14/api/q0YN3CLqw0wkOEAE5f8MjdXtfi95aFhGvGs5ecw9/ (over 5000ms)

I already tried the following things:

• Connecting Homey via WiFi
  • Conencting Homey via Ethernet dongle
  • Restart the app
  • Restart Homey (with 10 minute delay)
  • Deinstalled the App, restart the Homey, reinstalled the app (and repaired all my flows)
    All without any result.

I also created a monitor flow, which checks the status of a Hue lamp every 10 secs. I counted the times that I get an error; this was approx 60% of the time. I also checked if I could ping the bridge at 192.169.172.14 (with the Homey app Netscan) every 10 secs, this succeeded 100% of the time:

I didn’t change anything in my network. So I’m really running out of ideas here. Since controlling the Hue devices is the major function of my Homey, the WAF is decreasing enormously. So I really could use some help here.

Thanks!
greeting, Bram

Hi Bram, a few questions

1. which app: a. Philps Hue, or b. Philips Hue without the bridge?
  2. app version? v6.1.1 or higher?

if 1) = a, and 2) = true, that points to a possible app update gone wrong, Bram.
However, there must have been lots of similar posts with your issue.

Hi Peter,
It’s the standaard Hue (with bridge) on a HP2023.
App version is 5.9.3; but seems to be the latest.
I have searched for similar posts, but I couldn’t find any, beside one with an wifi configuration problem.
Thx!

I see, v6.x.x seems to be the “test” versions of the app.

I’m willing to try the test versions; how do I installe these test versions?

Click on "Changelog’ and then on the orange test button, see my screenshot
And don’t uninstall the current installed app.
Going back to the stable app version works similar, just install it without uninstalling the test version.

1 Like

Encounterd the same problem a couple of weeks ago. As there was nothing on the forum i had to solve it a bit in the blind.
What i did was adding a second bridge to my hue configuration and transferred a couple of devices to it.
All devices on the second bridge worked without disconnects so it had to be something with the first one. As this one was running a couple of years i did a bridge clean up. This improved it quite a lot but did not solve it completely.
Fortunately this was around the time matter was more stable on the new homey firmware. (think this was 10.2.0) I connected both bridges with matter and since then hue is running smooth and i must say with better reaction time also. Hue app still running for the scene’s i call in some flows.

So no real fix for your problem but kind of workaround.

1 Like

I installed the test-version, no succes yet, but I do get a new error message:

invalid json response body at https://192.168.178.14/clip/v2//resource/light/c7283ce6-a1fc-429c-b224-8e5a03321c98 reason: Unexpected token < in JSON at position 0

Maybe that some recognises this?

Hello! I’m currently subscribed to Homey, and I’ve noticed that when I make changes (such as turning lights on/off or adjusting colors) to my Philips Hue lights using the Philips Hue app, the status of the lights doesn’t update. However, if I make the same changes through the Homey app, the status updates as expected. I’m wondering if this behavior is a bug, intended functionality, or if I might have overlooked something. Could you please provide some clarification?

Status updates for Hue can take up to one hour, that’s how often Homey is allowed to poll the Hue API.

Hi

I had a power outage yesterday and suddenly most of my lights stopped working in Homey. ( 2/3 bridges don’t work with Homey. And most of the lights in the 3 bridge doesn’t work (see attached image) I

All the lights still work in the Hue app.
I have tried to restart the bridges, restart the app in Homey. I have also checked my mesh network and everything seems fine. Anyone have an idea what might be the problem? The weird thing is half of the lights in the 3 bridge work, but not the other half

The problem might have started before the power outage. I have motion sensors all over and don’t use switches so wouldn’t have seen the problem anyways

V

It’s possible the Hue bridge(s) got an other IP address, if you haven’t reserved it at your DHCP server.

Try to PtP (unplug for 10 minutes) Homey, maybe it’s forced to find the Hue box(es) that way.

1 Like

I forgot to mention the bridge in the first floor was connected for a little while this morning also.
I added a Somfy garage opener to Homey and used a contact switch from my 1 bridge to open the garage.
But suddenly that card was not a option.

So it seems the problem comes and goes. mostly goes.

Should I still try to restart?

Now alot or the lights that had an error, also got faded out, along with the error.

Yes restart by cutting Homey’s power for 10mins can’t hurt and might help.

Also, are you sure there’s no issues with your wifi / LAN networks?
The Net Scan app can monitor and log Homey’s connection to the Hue boxes and your router.

2 Likes

I tried the restart for 10 min and nothing changed.
All my lights and accessories on Bridge 1/2 don’t work
All my lights on Bridge 3 work, all the hue accessories don’t.

Everything else in Homey works. I have done a diagnostic on my Deco’s and everything seems up to date still. I also did a restart on the Network.

The faded out hue lights had this error now after they tried to connect for a while

Also when I try to delete a light and add it from scratch I get the option to add all my lights that I originally had in Homey, as if all of them are deleted. Same goes with motion sensors.

Edit: I run the test version for so I can use the contact sensors on Homey

What happens when you try Repair in Homey?
This requires access to Hue hub as you have to push the big button on the Hue Hub

1 Like

I figured it out. I installed the test version of the Hue app to get my contacts sensors added to Homey. I had on “automatic update” of the Hue app. And ofc after the update I was no longer on the test version. I installed the test version again and everything worked fine.
Thanks for your help :bouvet_island:

Hi there!,

I am turning on my Hue lights via a door sensor in a flow, nothing special. The flow uses the Philips Hue app which turns on a scene I created in the Hue app.

When the flow is triggered and Homey runs the flow, ergo the Philips Hue scene… my lights turn on with the wrong color temperature before snapping to the right color from the scene.

Example:
I turn on all the lights to bright white light. When the flow turns on the Hue scene the lights turn on with an orange warm light, and in less than half a second it snaps to the white light. This is really annoying, especially at night.

The weird thing is though… when using the exact same scene from the Hue app on my phone itself it turns on with the correct white light immediately. No weird wrong color when the lights are turned on.

I don’t understand why Homey triggers the scene differently. Am I doing something wrong? The only thing I am doing is running the scene using the Hue Homey app. Anyone know why this could be caused?

I know this could possibly be fixed by setting all the color temperature variables via Homey itself, but I’d like to keep it kinda simple and use the scenes I already have created in the Hue app on my phone.

Thanks!

Hello,

Please use the special app topics, as often mentioned at the app pages in the app store (unfortunately not for the Hue with the bridge app).
There you’ll meet fellow app users and often the app developer as well.

Searching here for ‘app [app name]’ often works as well.
But because I already checked, here you go:

On topic: is it possible previous color was set to orange in this example?

1 Like