All z-wave devices are gone after latest firmware update to 10.1.0 on H23

Support asked me to grant them access to my H23, so hopefully we will get some answers soon. My house is freezing!!

1 Like

Same happened to me, all 25 z-wave units disappeared. Restoring backup from some days ago did not resolve it. Waiting was not an option, so I deleted them all and included them again.

ā€¦and no diag from anyone. Well, letā€™s hope Athom support pick-ups those issues promptly

Same problem for me: Fibaro and Eurotronic Z-Wave devices are still visible in the app but can not be controlled since Update 10.1.0. I have just subitted a Ticket to homey. The reply mantions an expected waiting time of 2-3 weeks! The heating period has just started for me so it would be lovely to have working thermostats.

I think Iā€™ll try the rollback now.

Cloud backups can never be used to roll back firmware updates: restoring a cloud backup will always install the latest firmware.

If you want to create backups that also include the firmware, you need to create a local backup.

1 Like

First of all; SUPER DUPER THX TO HOMEYS FANTASTIC SUPPORT!!!

It was only my own fault that I trusted Homey and important devices since 2019, all my heating, all my important things like hot water tank, was controlled by z-wave units. Many of these devices was not accessible without electrician and i prepared my family to move out until the problem was solved. This isnā€™t Athoms fault all though it might be a bad update.

Anyway; we ended up with taking a full USB backup that was transferred to Athom, and after some tests, restore of the new backup file with USB, AND a new restore from cloud, everything worked fine.

I was so desperate, almost afraid, -7 degrees outside, cold house, cold water. Itā€™s only my own fault it was that way, but Homey as always worked with z-wave from my first H2019. It was always zigbee that could make some errors.

I asked Dennis at support what to write here, so that Athom isnā€™t spammed with large files (my list shows about 25 users with the same problem - just contacting me directly), and he has not yet answered, som please hold on a bit if you still have the same problem. We kept on working with the problem until late night yesterday.

Anyway, Iā€™m sure that there will come a solution for everyone in a new update, but Iā€™m so grateful for the urgent help! Thx Athom!

I have the same problem too. Athomā€™s quality control is really declining. I hope the fix can be out real soon. Iā€™ll be out of town soon and I need to be able to control my Z-Wave switches remotely. Is there a quick workaround for this while we wait for the fix? And yeah, Iā€™m going to turn off auto-update from now onwards.

Hi, Today I migrated homey 2016 to new homey 2023 which was already updated to 10.1.0. I first created backup on 2016 then shut it down. Started 2023 and selected restore backup.
Waited for 1,5 hour I noticed all devices being present but apps not started. Restarted homey from app.
Apps were started now.
First started repairing some zigbee devices which succeeded.
Then tried some zwave devices and noticed nothing was connected to homey anymore. I do not have a repair function on zwave devices.
Could this be same issue as mentioned in this topic with zwave on firmware 10.1.0

Same here, Got my new 2023 model today.
made sure 2016 model was up2date. created new backup.
and restored it to updated 2023 model

Flows were migrated, apps looked like they installed, but werā€™nt . after reinstalling every single app. some IP devices started so show sign of life.
had to modify all my flows to remove the ā€˜papertrailsā€™ entry (non supported 2023 version)

Now NONE of my zwave devices work , invalid node-id on every single one of them. IM feeling Really sick about this issue. . i canceld my pre-order to get the first bugs out of this new product. to improve my migration experienceā€¦/ but to no avail

Itā€™s strange; I have the same version, and Iā€™m not currently affected by this issue. Just to be cautious, Iā€™ve just disabled automatic updates. But why do some people have the problem while others donā€™t?

Hi All, same here, migrated today to my new homey pro (my old one died yesterday, luckily i had a backup). Everythiong workd but the Zwave, no devices got transfered, Developer view is empty and all the devices give the Node ID error

Contact Athom support. Prior contacting them, install latest experimental firmware and attach system diag id

or

Ahhh I was just about to migrate today after waiting for several months until 10.1.0 seemed to have solved all the zwave issue people were encountering. Luckily I stumbled on this topic right in time, postponing migration once again.

Welcome to the club. Same thing happened me. Didnā€™t even try to get them all back by an restor and paired everything back manually one by one. 3 hours later automatic backup disabled and everything working again

1 Like

My experience is that going back from experimental can cause some trouble, but they told me that one fix is out in experimental now.

Yes but there is a fix if you run Experimental for a while

After experimental update and factory reset and restore backup from homey2016 my zwave devices were working on homey2023

Iā€™ve sent Homey my local backup, tried to update to experimental version and have had two persons from Homey in my smarthome trying to fix the z-wave network. Unfortunately without luck, and I was now told I have to rebuild the entire network. Hours of funā€¦

Just to be sure to understand: the correct way to migrate would be:

• Experimental upgrades on, install latest RC on Homey Pro 2023
  • Factory reset Homey Pro 2023
  • Install with backup from Homey pro 2019

Correct?

Hi,

that is indeed what worked for me coming from homey2016.

Not sure ofcourse if it works for everybody

1 Like