Advanced Flow — Ask Me Anything

Physically impossible. That should be a whole new model Homey then, which we know nothing about yet.

Reasons i am looking into Home Assistant, Cause i’m literally just completely throttled by storage

Did you check what’s uses the most?

If you ever changed the language, new voices are downloaded , but never get removed when you change to an other language.
Speech files are pretty big (compared to the disksize).
And don’t forget sound files. Maybe you can lose some of them.
Note: my Homey is crammed full with apps, devices and flows. Only half the storage is used.
Note2: I once had an Insights file of 450MB.
Restoring a backup reduced it to the generic 55MB

This is a great update! Can’t wait to play with this :slight_smile:

Yes I have. Almost all of it is other. Which i assume is flows. Also the memory is almost at its limit which really frustrates me. Bought a €400 device would expect some service to upgrade

@Emile Unlike a number of others, I am extremely happy with this new feature. After some playing around I can only say that 25 euros as a one-time fee in my opinion does not even cover the load of all the work you have put into this. I can recommend everyone to make this purchase. I don’t mind the fact that I have to rebuild flows at all. It’s so easy to use and beautifully made, it’s almost enjoyable to recreate! I have one suggestion, but not a must at all. Still, I think it fits with how well everything works now and how well-organized the flows are now. I like logging errors :grinning:. What I’ve done now is made a separate flow with a text “start-tag”. Every error possibility of a flow sends the error by a text tag to the error flow to log it. So works fine. As a result, it becomes a bit messy. So perhaps an idea to think about is a general error card. All errors of the flow go there. Thanks again and be proud of the awsome new feature! I hope there will be many more updates like this and I have no problem paying for them as long as it’s a one time thing and of this high quality!

10 Likes

I have 750+ flows, and “Other” is 314MB.
So there’s something going wrong with your “Other” file so it seems.
You could ask Athom if they can take a look by sending a diagnostic report along with submitting a request

What does your memory overview say?
Hint: I disable apps which I only use every once in a while.

Question for the AMA:
Is there a speed/performance difference between “simple flows” and Advanced Flows?

Could I ditch simple flows and only use Advanced Flows from now on? Are there any downsides to using Advanced Flows, except current mobile unavailability?

2 Likes

Question: what happens if you use advanced flows and need to restore to a new Homey? Will they be restored, even if you don’t have the license yet?

By the way; I saw someone mention that some people are not happy with the new tool and I take that to say that I am happy with it but nothing is perfect and everyone has their wishes. It’s a good thing to give that feedback because only then they can improve it. So I’m still pro convert button and maybe it’ll inspire the developers. :blush:

1 Like

Are there going to be in depth youtube videos or tutorials?

2 Likes

Ah, I got it. So a drag&drop of an old flow into the new canvas would be nice to get all the cards into the new flow.
I’ve not tested yet if it’s possible. You could make feature request.

@Dijker: Is Athom collecting some feedback for the new feature?

2 Likes

We’re reading along :slight_smile:

18 Likes

Exactly! :slight_smile:

Very well done job Athom!
You have thrown H.O.O.P. out of the window, but replaced it with a very beautyfull solution.

Cheerz!

1 Like

Please do not misunderstand my rejection of Advanced. My Smart Home is so upgraded with sensors and actuators that I can’t even tell what I’m missing anymore. Everything is already controlled and working with Homey Flows and/or HA automations. Buying Advanced would be just to satisfy my play instinct. The new feature is nice, but personally I would have been more pleased with a fix for long known bugs.

Let’s wait and see until a new Homey comes along and what it can do then. The approaching Matter and the low number of Zigbee devices, practically forces Athom to deal with new and up-to-date hardware. We assume that Athom also wants to play in the future.
I’d better put the 25 euros in the Homey piggy bank.

2 Likes

Hehe, so you bought it already, you just don’t know yet… :rofl:

2 Likes

I did the update to v8.0.0 yesterday.

“Only” all the OSRAM devices stopped working/not connected.

After a restart of Homey, they all came back again and worked as before the update.

Is there a way to get rid of the voices files and sound files?

I have a second Homey Pro, in case the first one stopped working.

Of course, with the daily backup feature.

After I bought the Advanced Flow (AF) on the first Homey, can I restore the backup form the first one with AF, to my second Homey which is without AF installed?

My second Homey will probably not work with the AF’s.

After buying AF for my second Homey, will the backup work?

2 Likes

This is an interesting question! How will it work with AF when a Homey (pro) dies, you buy a new one and restore the backup. Since AF is bound to a device it would probably not work right away?