Advanced Flow — Ask Me Anything

Just contact support and ask for a solution in that case. If the Homey really died, you will have a support ticket for this issue and then the support will find a way to help.

The visual interface like node red was one of the main things that kept me doubting about switching over to HA. The regular implementation was very complex to keep track of all the flows to say the least.

I also really hope there will be an option in the future to convert regular flows to AF. This would be a nice gesture towards loyal customers that already have a lot of flows.

1 Like

Lol, i started getting worried: a flow in the editor took about 15 seconds to run.
But when i executed the flow from another flow, it was almost instant!

Sweet!

1 Like

@Emile

Hi Emile, great new function.
I like it very much, cleans up my complicated flows.

An import from existing flows would also be very welcome to easily change them into advanced flows.

Thx!

2 Likes

Great new function.
I like it very much, cleans up my complicated flows.

But i’m still missing the OR Function. Example.

If my motion sensor is trigeer OR the Light button is pressed → Turn light on.
If Lightbutton downstaires is pressed OR Lightbotton Upstrairs is pressed __> turn light on.

Can you take a look at this ?

Then An import from existing flows would also be very welcome to easily change them into advanced flows.

Thanks

Ronald

1 Like

@Emile First of all, I just want to say that the homey advanced flows are a really great new feature for the homey pro, and I hope that more options in terms of flow cards will become available in the future.

for next Tuesday’s AMA I think most people want to know,

• Why the license is linked to homey and not to your account.
  • why there is no possibility to convert your current flows to a homey advanced flow.
  • Why it is not possible to use homey advanced flow on your smartphone.
  • Why there is no possibility to share an advanced flow.
  • What happens if my homey breaks. Do I have to pay for a new homey advanced license again?
  • If I restore a backup to a new homey, will homey advanced flow be transferred as well?

I wonder why the wait card is not a wait card but a delay card, could this card be added so that we have a real wait card because that is really very useful and is completely part of advenced flows

5 Likes

can I ask what the difference would be? and not already being able to do with the “all” card, or just putting everything behind said “delay” card.

2 Likes

Great, I had a similar idea with an AND condition like 1=1 but didn’t had time to try it yet. In any case, thanks a lot.

This should be fixed. You might need to refresh the browser.

1 Like

@Fafois ,
Verified here after Force Refresh of browser indeed Fixed.

Question is answered in FAQ: on bottom Advanced Flow

If you are replacing Homey Pro due to a defect, please contact our support team.

Hi guy’s and girl’s,

I see a lot if technical and usability questions here and often already answered by the community peers.
That’s great👍

But scrolling back to Emile’s announcement.

Except some individual questions and a couple of questions from Homey-Cornelisse #135 … it is getting technical here.

So my question to you,

any questions special for Athom / Emile that where not answered?

As I think we will close this topic in Announcement after the AMA, feel free to ask the technical and usability questions in other categories as Flows or Q&A of you search and do not find the answer in an existing topic there.

Beside that I think this topic is a great source of information for Athom to see how well Advanced Flow is understood.

1 Like

Hi Geurt,

I’m not sure I get your point. What do you mean by technical?
The topic is “Ask me anything”.

I obviously missed a “rule” here :wink:

Who is talking about rules here?
There is no rule,
you probably can ask Alex Personal questions :wink:

but I know one thing:

• 21k user can ask more than 2 Athom employes Alex and Emile can answer in ~ 90 minutes

as far as I can see > ~ 95 % of the technical questions here (Can I … / How can I … etc ) are already answered by Community peers. :+1:

But to summarize things asked that the community obviously can’t answer here seeing some imo useless discussions:

Guess I still missed some un-answered questions, but one of the responses after my reply this mornig

imo that is a valid question and only Athom is probably to tell how they will apply that Law and provide a evaluation / free trial or not. They can read here how often it is requested.

But I can guess a lot of other technical questions can be answered faster by a community peer.

6 Likes

for the AMA: with the error tag, is there a possibility for a general error card to be added as a trigger in the future? I understand this may be more of a feature request but it could be handy to set up general error handleing in a seperate flow rather than in each flow seperately.

Also, something thats hard for me to test, I currently have error cards restart apps, do the restart cards wait to return true untill the app is fully restarted? below is my current use case.

7 Likes

Guess you can test from here to simulate an error and a restart of the app. It also depends on the app. If the next action fails just add a extra delay.

Another question for the AMA:
Could certain loops be allowed?
I thought they aren’t allowed now (correct me if I am wrong)

But for creating my wak-up light /alarm clock, this could be helpful. When I hit the button for snoozing, a loop back to a certain point after which a timer card starts again, could be a great help.

2 Likes

With only half an hour (July 5th 2022 19:00 CEST) left until the AMA starts on Youtube, link to the live stream:
The AMA is now over, feel free to look back to the live AMA (1,5 hours) to see if you missed anything, and/or of course see if your question has been answered

2 Likes