Zigbee rewrite- petition

But how about customer feedback, making the product itself ‘‘better’’.
understandably the users know best what the most common problems are right?

i wonder what the basis of their current R&D timeline is.

Personally i would combine the two -> user feedback + innovation.

Athom is (or should be) aware of the most pressing issues Homey-users are facing. Apparently, not having a dark theme on the developer website ranked very high on the list, given that they spent time on that recently.

You do know how many places people talk about their Homey experience right?
Not just here and/or their support email.
But also many Facebook (groups), slack (different slacks, not just the original 1), and many different outlets.

Even just following this forum is a full time job.

They are already under staffed, don’t think they have the man power to even follow this forum constantly, let alone every other channel there is.
That is why we point everyone to the support email, as then they atleast only have to focus there.

1 Like

People also leave Homey in the German forum. Athom is lucky if users only use DeConz or Home Assistant for Zigbee. Athom should soon communicate when they plan to solve the problem. I do not think that it is not read here. For a company, there should be nothing more important than the customer opinion. Where, if not here, can the Athom read that?

2 Likes

True that! But Athom is not the only company not listening to their community at all!

And they DO read here. It’s just them saying they don’t just to protect themselves.

1 Like

Athom is lucky that I am a Homey fan. I have almost all devices running on multiple Hue Bridges and I am not very affected by the problems. The Harmony Hub takes over infrared, because teaching in at Homey still doesn’t work. Athom should slowly focus on essentials like troubleshooting, instead of wasting manpower on nonsense like the energy manager.

5 Likes

U totally get that wrong m8, a dark theme is much more important then solving problems that exist for a very long time! :wink:

8 Likes

I can’t imagine how a Zigbee rewrite would solve this… :thinking:

The Zigbee rewrite comes to late for me. I’ve discovered Home Assistant, have it running on a NUC and so far so good! I see alot of potential in this Home-automation software.
When I replaced the good old Kaku components, Homey goes offline and will find a new owner on Marktplaats.

3 Likes

Wondering what comes first, the rewrite or 50% off on Homeseer.
Maybe im gonna give deCONZ a try before leaving.

We could make some bets?

You really should do that. I even integrated Enocean, Zigbee and Zwave into Homey through the Home Assistant. Works great and you only have to invest in a Raspi and a few sticks. This extends Homey’s device list again by hundreds of possibilities. The flows remain with Homey, however, because I don’t like the way the Home Assistant is set up. How lucky for Homey :grimacing:

You can find the Homey app for the Home Assistant here:

Now Athom is angry with me for sure :sob:. But we have found that nobody is reading here. :innocent:

3 Likes

The rewrite is promised again and again, nobody knows how far Athom really is. Homey is a great device and easy to use, but the Zigbee can use the long promised rewrite. The most frustrating part is the lack of communication from Athom. Why won’t they start a topic and give an update once a week about the progress? A lot of people will better understand why it’s taking so much time, even if it get’s very technical we know there is actually some progress.

2 Likes

Just because peeps whine about almost everything.
No update: whine!
Update->not getting the goals: whine!
Update-> getting most of the goals: whine!
Update-> getting all the goals: whining about more goals!
U can never please everybody, that’s why they stopped updates at all.
And “a lot of people will better understand” is not gonna work.

1 Like

Ow and btw, am not defending Athom here.

Yes I had the same point of view before, but this isn’t a small problem right? If (a lot of) people leaving the brand, complain about it and place bad reviews it’s worst case scenario for a brand I think. I can imagine it’s not an easy task and there are more high priority items. But saying for more than a year “soon”, it’s like they can’t solve the problem right?

1 Like

Must be something like that yes. And they don’t accept any help. That makes it even harder. Because there is lots of peeps willing/knowing how to help but they think it’s better to keep it as close as possible.

2 Likes

The rewrite is coming soon (i hope)

i think @Rocodamelshekima posted this somewhere

1 Like

What is THE Zigbee device that we now (maybe) are able to add after the Zigbee Rewrite™/Homey V5?

Everything here? https://www.zigbee2mqtt.io/information/supported_devices.html

I was angry and started to move my remaining Zigbee devices to the Conbee Stick. It works much better than Homey. In fairness, however, I leave a few devices at Homey to give 5.0 a chance.

1 Like