WiFi issues with a Homey Pro (Early 2019)

I have some major issues with my Homey Pro, early 2019.

It is disconnecting, going offline, won’t let me reinstall the backup because it stops halfway in the process when creating it’s own hotspot network.

Is the new Homey 2023 better regarding these issues?
I can see it’s possible to connect it with a RJ45 ethernet cable and maybe it’s Wifi protocol support newer networks, such as Wifi 6?

Still using the original power supply? If so: replace it.

No, I stopped using that for some time ago. I am using a brand new one now, made for tablets. Should give enough amps and power.

Do you have possibly Samsung audio device nearby? If so, try to turn off “Bluetoooth” wake-up

Adding an “old” 2,4GHz router for Homey only can solve it, or

I have only a Sonos Wifi speaker nearby. How can a Bluetooth device disturb Homey’s Wifi stability?

Standard Bluetooth will not… but test it, unless you have better idea

Bluetooth, zigbee, thread and wifi share the same 2.4GHz frequency band

Thank you for the info, didn’t know this :open_mouth:

1 Like

Thanks for this, will see if I can try something like this also :thinking:

The Sonos speaker can definitely cause the problems as well. I had the same problem.

2 Likes

Why is this problem only happening in waves? Like sometimes, it’s impossible to access Homey for hours and days. Other times it can go two weeks without interruption. And nothing has changed in the atmosphere or surroundings. The locations are all the same of my devices, the only factor is time.

And I had no problems with this the first months I had Homey.

Any neighbors ?

Yes, 3 neighbors. But I can’t control them :smile:

Turn your home into a Faraday’s cage should keep their signals out :upside_down_face: :blush: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
You can use these tools to view what’s going on

1 Like

:smile:

I have analyzed the 2.4GHz Wifi network and I can see that there are channels that collide with each other. There are many that uses channel 1,6 and 11 here.

Another question: Is it possible to put Homey on an older router (another Wifi) and if it’s stable there, will I be able to add and control Wifi devices connected to my main Wifi network that Homey was connected to before? This is a suggestion from the store that sold me the HomeyPro, they say that all the integrations is managed in the cloud.

When you add the old router as Access Point to the same subnet, it should be no problem.

1 Like

I have bought a new router, but an older version and another brand (Dlink)

2.4 GHz setup looks like this:

With these preferences, I first thought Homey were more stable.
Now it’s gone offline 3 times a day.

Which of the settings fits better:

But, why only 2.4GHz wifi. Homey 2023 supports 5GHz as well if I’m correct

I havent got the 2023 version yet, so I bought an older router for the 2019.

But it still disconnects :thinking: