WiFi issues with a Homey Pro (Early 2019)

The topic is:

Homey Pro (Early 2023) - (P)Review Alpha Testing

So this is going completely off-topic here…

Therefore Moved! if you have any problems with that please feel free to contact me or another moderator.

Ah okay,
Then here’s some more hints:

1 Like

Is this happening maybe during some particular time frame or do you see some pattern ?
Eg. install something like Network Check App for Homey | Homey and compare the logs, it might help you to discover more maybe.

Good idea, Sharkys.

Did I ask already to check Insights for apps using over 60MB’s of memory (or higher)?
I’ve discovered that this kind of behaviour caused the ‘Homey is offline’ issue here.
Homey continues to work though, only the wifi implementation seems to suffer from memory abuse by apps and just stops for a while.

1 Like

It is happening when I navigate around, adjust setpoints and try to add devices. I can’t see a pattern, it can happen during the morning, midday or evening.

I am under the “insights” tab now. How do you mean I can see the memory usage here?
This is like you can see a trend and a log, right?

The behaviour is pretty similar to what you describe. And this problem occured after adding more and more devices, more apps and creating more and more flows. So maybe it’s overloaded, the communication of other protocols jams the Wifi or the apps drain the power of the Wifi?

You can install sysinternals app and track memory utilization using this.
Also ensure you have set Poweruser in the settings (Experiments), then you will see memory usage of each particular app.

1 Like

Thank you!

I will try this out.

I have installed that now, what can you tell about the data?
How can you see each app?
Poweruser is enabled.

You must go to the insights for app mem/cpu views.
Also check the state WHEN the issue happens, that was at least one of the theory to try from Peter

a few months ago, i had the same issue, no connection, then i moved Homey from the living room to the hall and it has worked fine till today, again no communication with Homey.

update: i moved Homey to somewhere else in the hall and now its working again. It was in " meter cabinet"

Is this the correct place? I have dragged all the apps CPU usage in here, but all shows 0%.

Instead of CPU, you’ll have to use the Memory graphs
Look for any app which used over 50 to 60MB (or higher)

1 Like

I could not find any app using more than 35MB of memory.
Would it be possible to create a script that checks if any apps are using more than x MB of memory?

But it seems that Homey is very stable now after changing the Wifi setting of the additional router.

Why isn’t there any value for the Wifi, free storage and other values we know exist in Homey?

Good to hear it’s more stable now

I think you’d inform with Athom support