Homey Pro Offline and not recovering

Well Homey reports it is offline, but it is connecting to the wifi ok.

The Homey Pro (not latest version) today could no longer be accessed through the iOS app or web app.

It is successfully connecting to UniFi AP with great connection being 3 feet away from the AP.

It is powered with 2.4a usb psu.

I tried it with another 2.0a usb psu

I have powered off, waited a few mins restarted it.

Waited until the leds stopped, waited another 1 minute.

Then turned over the Homey.

It is silent but after a couple mins tells me to open the Homey app.

The Homey app guides me through joining the Homey Wi-Fi

Connects and I have tried two different Wi-Fi networks, then the Homey just hangs.

Checking UniFi the Homey can be seen connecting successfully with both wifis but the Homey App declares inaccessible.

I have been reducing the loading in the Homey as it was struggling, so having moved all zigbee and zwave devices, along with Hue and as many other things I can to get Homey stable.

Anyone any ideas?

Transmit power?
Band steering?

I got it working, albeit on the wrong SSID.

I prefer to keep home automation on an isolated iOt vlan and just approve list acceptable connections.

But the idea on transmit may be something…. I’ll play with and see if it helps :slight_smile:

Never occurred to me that Homey may have a network issue if the signal is too good :slight_smile:

So your Homey is on a different VLAN than your mobile phone and computer(s)?

Usually it is and has been for a year or so.

When the Homey became unresponsive I rest Homey by turning it upside dawn and using the app moved to another network

The IOT Vlan is set that all devices on any LAN in the home can connect to Homey.

And Homey is in a Group that explicitly allows an initiate to specific devices - ie Sonos (which don’t like being on the iot vlan)

When testing connectivity all my computers/ipad/iphone are able to switch to the iot vlan in order to rule out firewall issues.

The Homey stayed online (on non IOT LAN) for about 24 hours and has dropped off again.

Unifi is showing the Homey with a 100% connection using the 2.4Ghz 11ng wifi.

But Homey is unresponsive using the App

I am getting a ping off the Homey at 192.168.1.40 with a 68% drop out

I have the same problem, can’t connect to Homey using the app or the browser. Restarted it a couple of times without any luck

Any updates? I have exactly the same problem on Homey Pro 2023 :roll_eyes:

What did you try / check? Do you have:
Different Vlans? Adblocker? Pihole? (m)DNS issues? Other security implementations?