TRÅDFRI Shortcut Button (Dutch: Snelkoppelknop)

In my case, at first it didn’t seem to work, but after a few days, the shortcut-button (so my only one) started to work. So maybe you should give it a couple of days?

1 Like

That’s SO weird though.

I paired them about a week ago so I thought this ‘automatic miracle cure by just waiting’ was not gonna work for me. Apparently, it needed just two days more. Don’t understand it, don’t see how this would work, but I’m not gonna complain :grin:

So yeah… keeping them it is :smiley:

@SortOfSmart So they can work with patience without needing the Hub?

They do in my case. But as mentioned above, it’s not a guarantee.

For me they paired right away. The trick i used was, put the button in pairing first. So it lights up. Then start pairing in the homey app.

• Update, it is added but not working :stuck_out_tongue:

I connected the shortcut to a old tradfri bridge and leave them voor 24hrs, when the updates where done i connected the shortcut to the homey. They working fine now!

In dec 21 i put my Tradfri shortcutbuttons on the attick, because Homey said in those days they will not support the button any longer and so they become useless (the button was also removed from the app).

I recently saw that the shortcutbutton is now available again in de app with the notice/restriction that you have to update the shortcutbutton to the newest firmware 2.3.080.
After doing so, i can confirm that the shortcutbutton is now working perfect with Homey with all three possibilities (short press, dubble press and long press).

I had to update my buttons because they were more than one year old; i presume that if you buy a new one now at Ikea the new firmware is already loaded in the button (but i’m not sure offcourse).
@Maurits : I guess you have to update the button at first too.

WARNING: In addition of what @basvanderploeg said about updating to minimal firmware 2.3.030 it is neccesary to update even to 2.3.080 if you want to use the double-click and long press function of the button. Notice the difference below:

SKK Tradfri

Peter

I updated the button (which I recently bought at IKEA) and now everything is working like it should. However you need an IKEA gateway to be able to update the button…Lukily a friend of mine has such a gateway, but otherwise you need to buy one, just for updating.

I’m sorry, I indeed posted the wrong version number. The right firmware version is 2.3.030.

Mine did eventually work after a couple of days. Switched to the Aqara scene switch as it has more functionality for a reasonable price point.

Hi! When is the new SOMRIG shortcut button from IKEA getting support??

There is already a topic for it with a sort of answer…

Tradfri Somrig

But in Dutch…

We’re in the final steps of integrating the new IKEA Somrig, Parasoll and Vallhorn. You can expect them to pop-up later this week :wink: :+1:

5 Likes

I think you should go check the IKEA Trådfri app, there’s an early Christmas gift waiting for you all! :gift: :christmas_tree:

6 Likes

Thanks for integrating this! now I can ditch my quick and dirty personal app that I wrote just to support one sensor :smiley:

The Parasoll seems to work great, but is there any chance to also get the battery measurement in there? It should be exposed with the usual cluster and seemed to work fine for me:

this.registerCapability('measure_battery', CLUSTER.POWER_CONFIGURATION, {
      getOpts: {
        getOnStart: true,
      },
      reportOpts: {
        configureAttributeReporting: {
          minInterval: 0, // No minimum reporting interval
          maxInterval: 60000, // Maximally every ~16 hours
          minChange: 5, // Report when value changed by 5
        },
      },
    });

Or maybe just using alarm_battery is also enough to be honest.

Battery level reporting is initially disabled for all IKEA devices, as the accuracy of this feature is not reliable. However, it can be activated through the sensor’s advanced settings :wink:

1 Like

Oh great to know, didn’t notice that!

1 Like

@Doekse I was playing around a bit more now with “misusing” the contact sensors for some stuff, and I was wondering if it would be possible to include a setting to invert the alarm state? So basically if there is contact the alarm should be on instead of off.

You can use a virtual device for that.

I mean in theory yes, but since you can’t hide devices it makes the device list messier then needed if I would now do this for 5 sensors. Until now I was able to get away without having some random group at the bottom of the list. But I know that his is kind of a first world problem :sweat_smile: