TRÅDFRI Shortcut Button (Dutch: Snelkoppelknop)

That’s a good one, I’ll have a chat with our developer next monday to see if we can maybe add that option within the advanced setting of the device :+1:

We did add the option double press and long press for the Somrig button last Friday. This does add about 800ms of delay for the first press to register (since it has to wait and see if a double or long press will follow), but it adds a lot of functionality.

1 Like

Wow, I didn’t expect this to be a Software solution, but these buttons don’t have the scenes for Singe-, Double- or Long-press build-in? This really surprises me.

If I understand the z2m code correctly, they do.

I’m not the most techinal person, but from what I understand the button just simply waits with sending the response until it knows for sure that a second press or long press isn’t going to follow. This thread explains it quite well.

1 Like

Ah, maybe that is our misunderstanding,

I also found it here: IKEA E1812 control via MQTT | Zigbee2MQTT via this IKEA Tradfri Shortcut Button (White) E1812 Zigbee compatibility

but that difference between singel and double press is imho in the device.
not in the Driver…

So I don’t expect any change in respons from the Athom IKEA Zigbee App, as it is the Device that can’t report to a controller it sees a Singel-press before ik knows there isn’t a second press within time.
(That could only be from a device Firmware change… or optional Device Configuration (fe a max Doublepress interval option))

I already have an update on this topic! Inverted alarm state for the Parasoll sensor will be added to the advanced options of the device. So keep an eye out for the update :wink: :+1:

1 Like

Amazing! Thank you very much for actively listening to such quality of life suggestions, and cheers to your devs :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Doekse just saw that a new version was released today, but doesn’t seem to include the inverted sensor option (also the test version doesn’t). No worries, but just a small reminder that this has not yet been released :slight_smile:

Thanks for the heads-up! It got burried underneath other updates. Should be added now :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you very much, just tried it and works perfectly!

1 Like