Ring Doorbell and Camera support for Homey

Tried that aswell, it doesnt make a notification.

@DaneedeKruyff : 9e6e99c0-53df-4be9-894f-03c99ccfa1e1

Thanks for checking

Hi Marcel,

Thanks for the log, I’ve looked into it and indeed something is going wrong, but I can’t quite understand yet why.
I’d like to do some troubleshooting, are you comfortable with running an app from the CLI? If so, I can prepare a version for you to run and track down the problem. (It seems you doorbell returns a value I’ve never seen before, you running the app from the CLI would be the fastest method to find out what it sends)

These are the instructions to run an app from the CLI:

Yes sure, anything to help improving the app!

Great, Ill send you a PM.

1 Like

Hi @DaneedeKruyff

Thanks for building and maintaining the ring app.
Recent update to the app 2.10.27 might have hit the image fetch ability of the doorbells I have.
Opening the device brings up the picture frame but no picture. The refresh button finishes much faster than before and does not fetch a picture anymore.
Please advise if you need a log to verify.
I did hit the repair option but that did not help.

Greets,
Jeffrey

Hi Jeffrey,

I can’t see any relation between the changes made in the app for 2.10.27 and the problems you are experiencing plus. Also, just to be sure I’ve tested this on a couple of Homey’s with several Doorbells and all are still showing the snapshot.

That’s said, could you please stop and start the app, wait a bit to make sure the app is fully started and open the device in the app and wait until the snapshot loading indicator stops (The spinny thing :wink: )
Next, please go into the apps settings and send me a Diagnostics Report.

1 Like

Hi Danee,

Why did I not try this myself.
I had this before with other apps as well that an update does not always result in a correctly functioning app.
Restarting apps after an update usually fixes things (and I actually thought I did restart the app….

The stop and start fixed it.

Sorry to have bothered you but this might also help others looking for the same answers.

Thanks for the quick response !!

No problem, glad it’s working again and thanks for letting us know.

1 Like

[Feature Request] Expose Alarm Devices of Ring

The Homebridge Ring Plug-In also supports the Ring Alarm devices. It would be great if the Homey Plug-in would also support this. Especially helpful would be:

• Current Alarm Status (alarming yes/no)
  • Movement sensors, Contact Sensors and Glassbreaking Sensors, … as Homey Sensors

Especially the movement sensors would be helpful because one could also integrate them as regular sensors to automatically turn the light on/off when somebody is at home.

I am aware of the Ring Security App - but I am not planning to replace my ring alarm system, I just want to integrate the information whether an alarm is triggered or a motion sensor is triggered into Homey.

Hi @DaneedeKruyff,

Many thanks for the great app!
Maybe the wrong thread to ask this question, but do you have any plans to include more products in your app so I can connect all my devices? Thinking of the Spotlight Cam and the Floodlight Cam.

Thanks in advance!

Hi @Homey_User_T,

I have no plans of integrating support for the Ring Alarm system. I don’t have such a system and have no plan of purchasing one. Also, it will very time consuming and at this moment I don’t want to spend that amount of my spare time into adding something that has no added benefit for me.

@Alexander_Redin,

This is the right thread, but you should already be able to add these devices, just select the Stick Up Cam device when in the Add Device Wizard after selecting the Ring app.

1 Like

@DaneedeKruyff, ah I see! That’s brilliant! Many thanks!

New test version published

Version: 2.10.28

• Added newly introduced motion type to flow card

This version will be published to stable when approved by Athom

Ring introduced a new motion type in their API which affected the Motion alarm turned on flow card. I’ve added the new motion type and made some additional changes so a change by Ring in the motion types will no longer break the flow card.

Thanks to @DeVisdude for reporting and helping me track this down!

2 Likes

Thanks so much for this update. My motion detection now works again after installing this firmware. My flows work again as before!

You’re welcome, and welcome to the community!

Hello danee,
Any chance that the Ring-intercom will be added ?

Hello Harm,

Welcome here, this has been asked before here: Ring Doorbell and Camera support for Homey - #190 by thobu
You are the third person asking for this, the same answer still applies, it will be a quite some work to add a new device type and I have no use for it myself.

Oke Danee, i understand.
Going to try a hardware solution for this.

Hello!

I use the app to my full satisfaction. But run into one thing. I honestly don’t know if it works.

When we are on location, the cameras are set to ‘Home’. At that time, only the outdoor camera records and sends notifications.

Now I have created a flow for a camera that does not record and does not issue any notifications. My flow looks like this:

Camera 1: The motion detector turns on > Location mode is disabled > Send message to user.

This flow doesn’t work, but that may be because the cameras are set to ‘no filming and notifications off’. These settings are made in the Ring app and not in the Homey Ring app.

Can you confirm or explain to me how I can get this working?

Hi @Patrick_Adam

When a camera is set to ‘no filming and notifications off’ it will do just that: not filming anything and also not sending any notifications.
So in such case the Ring Doorbell and Camera app will never be notified by Ring when there is motion.