[APP] Ring - Home Security & Video Doorbells (by Athom)

Ring App (by Athom) - main discussion topic

Main discussion topic to centralize all questions, answers and information around the official Ring App for devices of Ring.

Note:

This topic is not actively monitored by Athom. If you have issues with this app, please report it to Support | Homey, mentioning the version of the app + a good description of the issue.

Links and information:

Supported devices

In the app store a list of supported devices is shown with picture and description in the ‘Supported devices’ list. This list is generated by the actual content of the app.

Be free to ask and discuss anything around these devices here!

Reserved

According to the Athom mailing they are developing an official app together with Ring. Strange enough “nobody” at Ring knows anything about this… :eyes:

Although the current Ring app works most of the time I have an IFTTT flow for when somebody is ringing, failed 0 times since I’ve created that. Let’s hope they really are creating an official app…

So you know every person at Ring?
Could it possibly be that it’s the same as with Athom’s Support? Erik and Bas definitely don’t know everything what happens in the background either.

True that. That’s why I’m hoping :upside_down_face:

Cross my fingers for you…

1 Like

@DidierVU, just for info, saw it on Slack. But no response from Athom until now.

Schermafbeelding 2021-11-04 om 13.40.48

I suggest all Ring users send an e-mail to Ring asking where the Homey app is :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Apologies for bumping an old topic, but I could not find a support topic for the official Ring App (only for the community edition).

Installed a Ring Wired doorbell yesterday, but can’t see the camera image in the official App. It works in the community edition though, but that App uses 45 MB instead of 15 MB. I’m short of memory (512 MB), so I’d rather use the official App.

How can I debug/fix this issue?

:man_facepalming:

The official Ring app doesn’t support live footage at the moment and therefore also can’t show Snapshot. The community app Ring from Danee de Kruyff does support this function. Development is of course working on getting live footage to work.

The Flow trigger when somebody rings the doorbell no longer seems to work… :cry:

(it still works in the Community App)