Remove app

hi

once i have tried to create an app but didn’t finished it. But now i see in Insights that the specific app generates a huge load on homey. But how can i delete it, without setting up a dev-environment again?

It should be listed in the list of apps on the mobile app (More > Apps).

jah, but it is not

0.000000079% isn’t much of a load, but if it’s not listed in the installed apps list then perhaps a PTP is required.

Last resort would be a factory reset followed by a backup restore. This is while Apps aren’t backupped, only links to the app store apps.
But,
I’ve had a similar issue, the Insights of the app don’t get updated or removed somehow this way (in my case).

I had a test-app installed once, uninstalled it, but the insights logs still persisted. To delete the logs:

1. Go to the developer tools web api playground: Homey Developer Tools
  2. Run the command Homey.insights.getLogs(); and find the id.
  3. Run Homey.insights.deleteLog({uri: "homey:manager:apps", id: "com.weather-sensors-cpuusage"});
    This example command would clear this one:
3 Likes

uhmmm… how do you read those weird numbers then? because it all the way to the top, i would say 100%.

@Peter_Kawa fact.reset is indeed the last resort, but, i don’t wanna go that far. then i would rather setup an environment again…

so, there are no other options?

why i found this, is because also support of athom said i should check insight coz of high load.

and homey suggest, it has an high load in the settings:

but i should look further then?

Thats not an exceptional high load

Better check the Insights (look for system, load & memory graphs)

graphs are “scaled” to the max measured value.
It’s about the values on the left. Not how ‘high’ the graph goes.

120% in 5min is not a lot? lol… it is more then 100 :smiley:
how should i read this then?

and what have meant athom support then? and… it would be logic if homey has an high load coz of the slow responses.

I referred to your graph. My Homey runs fine and I just showed my load to compare.

What has slow responses?

The top of the chart is the maximum absolute value for that app. Which is 7.9e-8%, or 0.000000079%.

oooooh… i can’t read :stuck_out_tongue:

yours is even worse hummm…
it takes sometimes a minute to activate the lights due to motion… sometimes it takes days…

thnx! now those graphs are gone… so, actually the app was already gone and this were some leftovers.

this helped to get rid of them :slight_smile: thnx

but, sadly i still have to find out why my homey is so unstable…. however, it is the first one, so maybe the hardware is not that good anymore for nowadays use?

i have almost rewritten all the flows to advanced flows and that helped already a lot.

Edit:
the biggest and maybe the only issue is, is zigbee motion detectors (hue and for testing now also an aqara).

I put log cards (Papertrails/SimpleLog) in every Then and, if used, Then Else part of my flows.
That way, you can check if

• The flow fires the action cards not within a (few) seconds:
    The motion sensor has a bad connection, and WIFI sensors take up to 8s to send a state.
  • The flow fires the action cards OK
    The problem is with the device which should respond to the flow’s action cards
  • The flow does not fire the action card.
    The motion sensor’s trigger is not received.

This way you can check the motion sensor’s history. So you can check if the sensor is slow, or something else:
Screenshot from 2022-10-07 14-21-35

That’s really odd.

exactly that screen shows for me that the motion detector hasn’t detected motion for days… and somehow, it does work again. mostly after 1 or 2 days. so, it is not a flow which doesn’t do anything.

and please believe me, i enter my bathroom every day multiple times :slight_smile:

I’ve over 800 standard flows, that is not a load to Homey (unless every one of 'em is started every sec)

Ah! Hue app is known for excessive memory usage over time.
What does it’s memory graph say? Apps which reach 70 to 80MB’s makes Homey very sluggish and messes with the Wifi implementation, finally they’ll get paused.

Zigbee sensors should respond within a second or 2 seconds.

As a comparison, this is my system load for the last 7 days.
My Homey is not sluggish or anything:

that is why i have bought the aqara to test if that is better… other app… but same issue.
The door sensors of aqara works instantly. when i open the door, the light is already on before i can see it went on :slight_smile:

lights are in the normale hue app, sensors in the app without bridge. even that is not the solution.

@Peter_Kawa which homey do you have?

What is the graph of your other Hue app? The one without the bridge does not have memory issues.
I never look at CPU graphs, mostly it’s memory issues when Homey is sluggish

crap! hahahaha