Power supply can cause slow Homey Pro 2023

I see peaks to ~68 degrees :frowning:

Does anyone see this as a concern?
Context: around 50 devices Zwave/Zigbee/IP, around 20 advanced flows.

These peaks happen several times per day, sometimes when Homey reboots (like in this picture), but also without apparent reason at random times. Even if I am not at home and no ‘movement’ happens/load is caused by users…

Thats not that hot, those chips can run 80c all day long. It could be that the peaks are when homey update’s an app or makes a backup or something.

1 Like

This is mine HP2023 last 14 days with Raspberry Pi 4 USB C powesupply and “belkin USB C to Ethernet Charge adapter”

New E-Mail :slight_smile:

Get your updated power adapter

Hi ,

Our new-and-improved power adapters are available at our warehousing partner, and ready to be shipped to you! In this email, you can find your personal coupon code to order 1 free power adapter, or a year of free Homey Pro Back-ups, if you want.

Your coupon code:

Option 1 — Free replacement adapter

To get a free replacement adapter, add it to your cart using the link below, and check out. The link should redirect you to the right type of plug for the power adapter, and include your coupon code.

Please check both before checking out, so you’re sure you’re getting the right power adapter. You can always add your coupon code in the last step of the check-out if it doesn’t auto-apply using the link.

Order your free replacement adapter here:

Option 2 — Free year of Homey Pro Backups

We know some users already sourced a different power adapter to work with Homey Pro. To prevent us from shipping unnecessary devices, you can also opt to get a year of free Homey Pro Backups, instead of a new power adapter.

If you want a free year of backups instead of a free power adapter, order it here:

You can use the coupon above if it does not auto-apply.

Please note that we recommend getting the new power adapter if your Homey Pro shows signs of underclocking. This might prevent encountering ‘weird’ or unexpected behaviour in the future. If you’re in doubt what’s right for you, choose a replacement power adapter.

We want to apologize again for the situation around Homey Pro’s power adapter. Needless to say, we also wish this wasn’t necessary, as there’s a lot of extra time, effort and (shipping) costs involved in this endeavour.

Providing you the best Homey Pro experience possible was always our number one priority though. And that includes the full performance of our new hub.

Enjoy your new Homey Pro on full performance!

:heart:

— Stefan (and everyone else in our team that put in a lot of effort to make this right)

PS — in case you want to manually select your power adapter region: Type-C (EU) Type-A (US) Type G (UK) Type I (AU)

2 Likes

Ordered a new power supply and got a confirmation email (so no worries here).
But the “orders” page in my account doesn’t load anymore…
Website overload again…? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Hm…I have power supply on 5.2V and with original cable it still undervolts… after I choose another cable, now it’s fine, proved by 3 weeks of heavy loads… so I wonder, is it with cable or just Power supply ?

1 Like

No problem here with the original cable, but to get a 5.2 volt supply working i made a small change to the adapter and ethernet dongle. Maybe the deleted usb-c connector is enough to compensate for the longer original cable😂

2 Likes

Received my new PSU today. Looks like it is now running on 1,4Ghz for the first time. What I noticed is that I don’t get a “timeout” message anymore when using the app (android)

2023-04-29 19_51_36-Homey 2023
2023-04-29 20_12_59-Homey Developer Tools

using the new PSU for 2 days now. I still see some drops in CPU Freq?

2023-05-01 15_22_14-Homey Developer Tools

videoCoreUnderVoltageOccured true is a bad sign…

Did you try a shorter usb cable, longer usb cables (especially the cheap ones) can have quite a large voltage drop.

Do you guys think that a power supply that follows the Power Delivery or Quickcharge specification (with at least 15W) should work too?.

There are 2 major changes in this graph.

1. installing new athom Power Supply, instead of a 20 or 30 W Apple one.
  2. installing new firmware v10.0.0-rc.90.

Can you spot the times these changes were made?
Can anyone explain them to me?

i have the same, can anyone explain why this occurred alarm keep coming and the “normale” stays away?

i don’t know the difference between those 2.
(I use the new adapter, the same original kabels and the network adapter.)

Should work with dumb 5.00 Volt, so imho are a bad choice.

Well, using it for more than 2 days now. Voltage seems to have dropped since using the new power supply, altough it still touches 1,5GHz on top in the hourly graph. In the long-time graph it seems not to, as you can see in my earlier post.

Like @Sharkys and @Glenn_Seegers I bought a shorter usb C cable ( Ugreen usb C power delivery) which is 50cm, the original usb C is probably to long. Now my undervoltagealarm occured is staying away.

1 Like

I did not read anywhere if it’s different on a Pro 2023, but
@ Homey Pro 201x the Insights graphs get compressed over time, to save diskspace.
This also means (high) peak values dissapear over time.
In other words, over time less and less measure points get stored, and the graph shows more and more “rounded” values.

The only way to save real data over longer time is to export the Insights every x hours

https://homey.app/a/nl.onzewifi.insights2sql/

2 Likes

new power supply arrived…
homey with ethernet adapter and original long cable is ok.
any error on developer system view nor sysinternals.

Does anyone know if the old faulty power supply can be used in my old Homey 2016?

Ist ut safe to be used or should I just throw it out?