Power supply can cause slow Homey Pro 2023

Here another example. Cpu clock is maxed out, temp is rising but the load is not showing any ‘abnormalities’. Homey did a reboot here.

1 Like

You are complaining on a community forum. It might be better to complain to Athom directly.

By the way, did you check your spam/advertising-folder?

My e-mail said “Within a few weeks, we will offer you a replacement power adapter, with a higher voltage, free of charge”.

Maybe my tone was kinda harsh - if so it wasn’t meant like that.
I was just wondering if Athom had any plans to do anything about it.
I’ll survive the €15 I paid for the power supply :slight_smile:
Apple doesn’t even supply you with a power adapter, so I’m just glad they’re giving something in the box, although it’s faulty :smiley: :smiley:

O no, sorry for my poor English. It is absolutely not my intention to blame Athom for anything.
I’m very happy with my old and new homey.
I like it to search for ‘problems’ and find solutions and workarounds for it. I fully understand that Athom cannot answer every mail or help request.

The idea by posting this information is that I have the idea that I’m close to finding a bug that can be resolved but don’t have the acces to the latest bit of information (debug info). I was hoping that anybody in this community has an idea what is happening here.

To make sure that I do awake the intention that I blame Athom for anything, I think that it is better that I do not post more info on this in this topic. Sorry for this misunderstanding.

2 Likes

Just what I was looking for. Thanks @robertklep :wink:

I’ve bought the original Raspberry power adapter as advised in the email from Athom. I’ve connected it with a USB-C to USB-C adapter as mentioned in a earlier post (because I have the ethernet adapter). But even with the “right” power adapter the CPU clock still fluctuates a lot. So the question is, is this the right solution? Or do we need an even more powerful power adapter when the ethernet adapter is used?

The problem could be with the usbc to usbc adapter, sometimes they have an active chip in it that does some negotiation with the clients and that can give issues. Second you can try to flip the adapter 180 degrees, some have not all the lines connected through on both sides of the usb connectors. And last but not least zoom in on the last hour in insights because homey reduces the datapoint the farther you “zoom out” in insights. Oh and if your load is low on homey the cpu of course throttles down.

Or check at https://tools.developer.homey.app/tools/system

If these values are “false”, all is ok.
grafik

I got TRUE even with Raspberry USB-C power supply, but on overloaded HP2023…

Just noticed this thread. Received my HP2023 some weeks ago but never got this email. Should I have gotten it?

Also got nothing :wink: I will wait how that will turn out…

Whats shows the graph when you leave put the ethernet adapter?
That way you can rule out the usb-c female to female connector (and the ethernet adapter)…

@Yestond And my post was not intended as sentaway :slight_smile: But if you didn’t get an email, something might be wrong at Athom (duh :slight_smile: ) With filing a mild complaint at Athom you might get the result that you get noticed, and also get the email (and a replacement).

@Ranney My post was not reacting to you. Your post seems quite normal, but unfortunately, I don’t have an answer.

after some measures the best is this

i use a cheap chinese QC charger. the regulator check the adapter and auto set 12V IN
you can regulate constant Vout. with ethernet adapter i obtain all false on system with 5.3V

THEN we need a costant Voltage on power supply of 5.3V

Max current at 100% load of Homey is 1.3-1.4A then is not absolutely the problem.

3 Likes

I am quite concerned. If the inside components are designed on the edge so that they can not handle power fluctuations of 5% (0.25V), what will happen when the components get older? They even have to be overpowered with +5% (5.2V) to work properly.

4 Likes

Getting a free new power adaptor not sure what shipping import tax will going to be. :no_mouth:

If it’s too much, you can always buy another power adapter yourself. There is a recommendation in the email from Athom. My personal experience is that a modern Apple power supply (30W) works OK.

1 Like

E-mail dated March 23rd: “so it might take about a month”

2 Likes