Power supply can cause slow Homey Pro 2023

prost
:beers:

1 Like

Wow, what is your HP2023 doing?

Temp my HP

2 Likes

I guess it’s some post-migration issue…I’m currently forced to stay with HP2019, went trough logs of 2023 and …I must say it’s really rodeo, hundreds of errors, related to Z-Wave, some applications, then in final state non existing drivers of installed apps and then…crash and restart …and so on, so it will get kind of hot…

Not the most elegant solution but he it works😬 after the test i made it al nice and soldered the connections and used shrink tube👍🏻 (@Emile does this void the warranty of my ethernet adapter?:innocent:)

1 Like

I guess you can also connect it directly into the Homey 2023 :smile:…so it will be first take apart video of HP2023 :blush:

Hhmmmm maybe next weekend😂

I found out something interesting…

I did not have the slow clockspeed with my original power adapter. However, I was wondering what happened when I used a Samsung 3A USB c charger. Now I see a flat line at 1.5Ghz instead of a lot of small drops;

Yes, I experience the same, doesn’t seem to be low but fluctuating a lot!

In my case when this happens, it means that the Homey just crashed…you might get in that case Timeouts… usually Homey restarts in such case and works again, eg. in 1-2 minutes. Or is your Homey all the time for past 24 hours working without dropouts ? If so, then congratulation :wink:

Yes, both PD and QC default to 5V.
I don’t think HP is a PD sink, but until I get my hands on one it is just my assumption.
Table 10-1of the USB-PD R2 spec states: “All > 15W adapters must support 5V@3A or superset consideration is violated”.

5, 9, 15 and 20V are PDO’s commonly advertised by USB-PD sources. Only the 5V is mandatory.
Some PD sources support PPS where the sink can request any voltage from 3.3V up to 20V in 20mV steps.
USB-PD is most often used with, but not limited to USB type C. Also USB type C does not imply support for USB-PD.

I did the same, only used a USB-C to USB-C adapter for it from Amazon. Works like a charm.

1 Like

was also looking for those but i could not find them, but i did not check amazon :upside_down_face:

can you zoom in , there should be some minor drops else homey is very busy and never scales down.

hope we get the same adapter, got the pi one but don’t want to buy this for 10 euro or cut the cables for the ethernet adapter.

used my chromecast ultra adapter which works fine but with lan only option it seems ethernet is gone after a hour, homey is still up but no network. And don’t know why. will check it again when all the wifi / lan issues are resolved.

Its really a flat line. Even when zoomed in.

1 Like

Just got my Raspberry Pi Power adapter yesterday and plugged it in. The difference is quite noticeable!
I haven’t gotten a mail, but obviously the power adapter supplied is faulty.
What is Athom’s plan to “compensate” for the power adaptor?

I’ve got exactly the same.
Reported it to homey. The ‘standard support’ cannot help me with the diagnostic report. They told me that the diagnostic report of homey 2023 is totally different.

What exactly happens in that moment, I don’t know. The frequency is stable and high, the system temperature is rising to around 80 Celsius and after a while. Homey is rebooting.

For me it is not clear what ia triggering this issue (to find out if there is something that I can do). What I did is making a flow that ‘after startup’ homey makes a timeline event to look back. Not all spontaneous reboots are after such an event. Sometimes it is in the middle of the bijt without any ‘external visible’ trigger. Sometimes it is directly after installing an app.
I’m using honey without ethernet adapter for the moment). I will start using it when homey is more stable.

Can you elaborate a bit ?

Sorry, my English is very bad.

My conclusion is that getting help from athom for the homey 2023 is difficult now. We can send in reports but <Edit: they cannot answer every mail and this information is so they can analyses it to improve firmware - The ‘normal’ support team cannot analyse the debug reports from homey 2023. They explained to me that these reports are different>

So I’ve made a very simple flow (see picture) and when it happens, I can look back to learn what was happening (with insight trends reloaded).

Already learned a lot (crashing when making a backup with all apps running (and just 250mb free ram). Just using a flow to disable apps before backing up is bypassing this problem for now. L

For rebooting, it is around 40% of the times after a (extreme) high system load.

For now, the ram usage is not visible in insight. So that makes it difficult.

Flow:

Please note; not all periods of high Cpu load are followed by a reboot. In these examples, the load ‘suddenly’ dropped to ‘normal’.

1 Like