Power supply can cause slow Homey Pro 2023

Why can’t you send out the homey pro’s according to plan and deliver the new power supply later? Now we have to wait atleast 3 weeks more. You can buy an raspberry pie original power supply for under 10 euro on Amazon…
Please reconsider your choise to not deliver as intended.

Did you measure inside? :slight_smile: That’s where also voltage drops could accrue

You can also try to contact Homey/Athom directly on their support page.

got the pi adapter with 1 meter usb-c cable but does not fit with the ethernet adapter. are you not using ethernet adapter ( other way around :rofl: ) or have some extra plug in between?

If this is the case then new adapter will not solve it, right.

Anyway, based on SLACK discussion, it’s confirmed to be Voltage drop problem. So even my HP2023 runs much faster, it’s also unstable - reboots each 5 min or so, seem I can migrate back to old Homey for now.

It sounded like Athom already has the new power supply in there office and it’s working. :slight_smile:

That shouldn’t happen. I would contact Athom on this topic with a diagnostics report

Interesting. I’m using since day one an anker GAN Nano III 30W USB-C adapter. My homey is stable, working perfect with 52 apps, 245 devices. Devices over Z-Wave, Zigbee, LAN, Bluetooth and Cloud.

Maybe that this info helps someone. All flags on false. Stable at 1.5Ghz. Picture not possible. Every picture I select (png, jpg) is failing.

1 Like

Already did several hours ago, seems guys are not working 24x7 :rofl:

Are you sure you are on HP2023 ? :laughing:

Haha, yes for sure (Homey Pro 2023). It is working stable here. Of course there are bugs. But most of them are easy to work around. Interesting to see that mine is higher in clock speed and less fluctuations with the anker adapter than on the picture from athom with the new power adapter.

1 Like

Btw, you are connected over Ethernet, Wifi or both ?

I can’t get to my insights an error message when I click on it via my homey:

1 Like

I’m currently using WiFi because of the fw issues in combination with ethernet. So maybe that that is the reason that it is working fine now.

1 Like

I have a good working adapter? it throttles a lot though

if the CPU is under no load or nothing being processed why is the CPU stretched to the max? it generates heat and loss of power that way and not neccesary imo. I’d like to have a homey that only uses the power when it needs it and idles when not needed.

We are aware of this issue and are working on a fix. Should be part of some next release.

3 Likes

I have a couple of concerns regarding this.
As power supplies sometimes, i wont say often, but do fail.
From what has been written here, the new homey does seem quite fussy about what it will be happy with powering it.
I’m hoping that athom will make some recommendations of what to buy, should we ever need a replacement power supply out of warranty.
Also, i noticed that some people have been experimenting with POE supplies to their new homey 2023 pros. I wonder if they are aware that their homey might be throttling the processor due to an under voltage, or if indeed the Poe power supplies are actually okay.
Just some thoughts :slight_smile:

Did you read the e-mail?

I did Robert. Not sure what you mean

“If you do not have or use the Homey Pro Ethernet Adapter, you could solve this issue yourself by purchasing the Raspberry Pi 15W USB-C Power Supply.”

That sounds like a recommendation to me.

1 Like

There are 2 different emails going around, 1 for people with and 1 for people without Homey Pro (early 2023).

The non people don’t get that recommendation, just that they will need to wait for 3 weeks so that the new power supply is there, and is shipped along with the new Homey Pro.
The non people technically don’t need any recommendations as the new power supply that is shipped along should work (better), and thus don’t have to buy one anyway.

i don’t get it. I have the new Homey Pro and did get the recommendation.

Exactly, the people without Homey Pro (early 2023) don’t get the recommendation.
As you do have 1, you got the email with the recommendation